TheBalm Put a Lid On It

TheBalm Put a Lid On It

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I've got very oily eyelids and this primer did nothing for me. I'm so disappointed because I've heard so many good things about it. It might've made my eyeshadow a bit more pigmented but I could barely tell, and after not even 5 minutes I was a creasy mess.. The packaging is really cute tho! Maybe more suitable for someone with dryer eyelids, but I'm not going to repurchase this primer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, so dispite hearing many different views about this product I think that there are many other I primers on the market that are cheaper or the same price that are better than this. Firstly I put this on when I put my primer on my face and by the time I had got to my eyes which was only 10 minutes later the eye primer had crusted over and left massive marks on my eyes. Secondly, when i put it on it hurts my eyes and makes the tingle. It gets stuck on my last line and clumps together and I also think the formula is to greasy and watery. For me it didn't keep my eyeshadow on any longer than it would without primer so this is a defiant no for me.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/27/2015 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Awful. I put this on my eyelid and it caused a horrible reaction that made my eyes swollen, watery, and tomato red. I was so mad I drove the 45 minutes to the Rexall I got it from to return it. It doesn't seem like anyone else has had this issue but I was not willing to risk continued use after the pain it caused.

on 7/2/2015 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first eyeshadow primer, it works pretty well. I put a little bit on my finger tips and pat it on my eyelids.
The creamy formula makes it very easy to adhere on my sweaty lids, and it does not feel oily at all! My eyeshadows sticks well with this primer, even the powdery matte colours could shows up nicely.
I have been using this for about two to three weeks, and it last pretty well in the day. Would repurchase again.

I love this product! It's smooth, velvety and goes on realy well. Plus you only need a teeny tiny bit to cover your entire eyelid. Therefore, I'll last me for ages. My lids are usually oily, but with this on, they don't get oily at all. I've even tried it out with the worst eyeshadow I have, which normally creases after like an hour or so and it worked! It stayed put!
I recommend. It's my favourite!

on 6/22/2015 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This primer from TheBalm is amazing! For reference, I have oily eyelids: maybelline CT's and MAC PP's crease on me within 3 hours, and L'Oreal infallible e/s also crease within 4-5 hours. My eyelids really need some help to keep my eyeshadows going... Thank God for primers like this one! It has a creamy consistency and comes out of a small spout squeeze tube, which is sanitary by my standards! Once applied, it has a velvety texture and has no color, no scent. When I use this primer, most eyeshadows, whether cream or powder, last on my lids for 14-16 hours without creasing, which is amazing. The only negative feedback I have to give is that the tip of the tube cracked after one month, and now the primer gets dispensed from a crack on the side of the tube! I have used this religiously every day for over 6 months, and I believe I still have at least 50% left. If the packaging were a bit more sturdy, I would repurchase this in no time, or at least be very careful when placing the cap back on the tube...

on 11/18/2014 2:32:00 PM

I love this primer. I bought the Milani one & hated it. Plus it irritated my eyes. Thebalm one keeps my eyeshadow on longer & more vibrant. The consistency is nice. It has no color so it doesn't interfere with the color of your eyeshadow.

on 9/22/2014 2:47:00 AM

The best eye primer I have used!I love this primer and I should note I have rather dry eyelids (normal to very dry) and they get irritated by eyeshadows and dried out by some eye primers and this is very hydrating and glides on my eye area so nicely and smoothly. It's slightly tacky so it makes my eyeshadow adhere to it and it and my eyeliner stay put! I was using Tarte's Clean Slate eyelid primer and Wet n Wild take on the day, they are both very similiar to each other and very drying... which is great if you have oily eyelids, which I used to have but now they are dry. So if you need a hydrating eyelid primer that works wonderfully, try this! I will repurchase, but this tube is gonna last me forever. I got it off amazon for about $8-9, you can also get it off hautelook when thebalm is featured.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am so excited that this brand is CRUELTY FREE according to their website!!! This is my favorite eye primer I have ever used since it is creamy and hydrates my eyes. This primer is the perfect groundwork for prepping my eyes before I use a paint pot or cream eyeshadow, which I always use before using one of my naked palettes. This tube seemed to last me over a year and I used it everyday. I will definitely repurchase as long as this brand remains cruelty free. My HG eye primer!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Sadly, didn't work for me. I usually use Shadow Insurance, but picked this up as a replacement when I was in Rexall. It doesn't irritate my eyes, but didn't seem to help shadow last longer at all. I tried different methods, like waiting until dry, applying when still tacky with no luck. My eyeshadow always creased or disappeared by the end of the day. Not only that, my lids felt greasy halfway through the day and a dark crease line often appeared. Back to Too Faced!