TheBalm Put a Lid On It

Put a Lid On It

3.8

on 5/5/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I could not find Wet n wild eye primer, so I took a chance on this. I think among top five ingredients are isododecane, cyclopentasilaxane and talc. Basically what is in other eye primers today. I have oily lids and this works. Doesn't seem to aggravate my milia (any more than anything else) and doesn't cause itching. The SA told me this was free of parabens. Whenever I hear this, I always suspect that to make it free of parabens, a whole lot of other things went in.

It works best for me at least if you wait a minute for it to dry before applying shadow and apply very very sparingly. Another reviewer wrote that it works best dabbed on with your finger. I did read the reviews below re issues with blending eyeshadow. I am not great at blending eyeshadow (I often give up the brush and use a q tip more vigorously than perhaps I should). But, I've tried a lot of primers and I cannot necessarily single out this one as being egregiously harder on the blending issue.

This removes with my Bliss lid and lash eye makeup remover gel so long as I let the gel sit on my eye area for a bit before wiping off. When I do full eye make up, sometimes I might run a q to over my lash lines to ensure everything is off.

However, since Wet n Wild eye primer does it better and cheaper, I'd rather use that. I do smile when I see this tube and will use it up but not repurchase. I should add that I am not a fan of The Balm so perhaps I am prejudiced.

The balm Ingredients: : isododecane, talc, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, cyslopentasiloxane, polyethylene, triethylhexanoin, cyclohexasiloxane, VIP/hexadecene coplymer, trihydroxystearin, PTFE, go/eicosene coploymer, synthetic wax, phenoxyethanol, cyclotretrasiloxane, dimethiconol. Polymethysilsesquioxane, capryyyl glycol. Ethylhexlgycerin, hexylene glycol, mica glycerine, water, butylene glycol. Carbomer, polysorbate 20" palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7, titanium dioxide, iron oxide.

Wet n wild ingredients (various make up websites state that WnW formulas Take on the day; photofocus, a matter of prime; and, picture perfect have the same ingredients): Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Boron Nitride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Synthetic Beeswax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Magnesium Carbonate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Sorbic Acid, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Dimethiconol, Nelumbo Nucifera Stamen Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride/CI 77163, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891

Urban decay: Isododecane,Cyclopentasiloxane,Trimethylsiloxysilicate,Disteardimonium Hectorite,Polyethylene,Triethylhexanoin,Trihydroxystearin,Isopropyl Lanolate,Sorbitan Sesquioleate,VP/Eicosene Copolymer,Talc, Dimethicone,PEG-40 Stearate,Phenoxyethanol,Synthetic Beeswax,Propylene Carbonate.

Inglot eye shadow keeper (Inglot makes duraline) has the same top three ingredients as WnW.

It's an OK product to me. It did intensified the color of shadows, made them last a bit longer on my oily hooded eyes BUT it made blending almost impossible. The texture is too sticky for a good blend imo so for this reason it's a pass. Sold mine on web, hope they like it better than me.

on 12/27/2016 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have oily, hooded and watery sensitive eyes. Feel the drama?

I won a sample of this primer from a Brazilian store (BelezaNaWeb) when I bought one of their palettes.

As with the Smashbox 24h, it performed wonderfully.... except in my fold, where water from my eyes gets to. In this case, eyeshadow creased, became muddy and disappeared in 20-30 min tops.

To remove it from everywhere else, i had to use waterproof makeup remover.

Again, sad it didn't work for me because it is pretty good. Contrary to Smashbox 24h, this primer increased the color payoff of most of my eyeshadows, including the mattes ones. Some of them do not appear in my skin (MAC Cork is my exact skin color).

It is less stick than smashbox. If you don't have my watery eye problem I advise to give it a try.

on 8/24/2016 6:33:00 PM

This product did nothing to my eyeshadow, nor did it prolong its lasting power or make the colors pop more. The formula is greasy, and made me eyelids feel oiler than they really are. Awful. Will never purchase this again. Gave this a 2 rating only because of its creative packaging.

on 8/20/2016 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Normally I love the balm, but this just didn't do it for me. it's oily and dries a bit strange on me. it settles into fine lines and I find concealer works better than this. such a shame I was so excited for this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I've got very oily eyelids and this primer did nothing for me. I'm so disappointed because I've heard so many good things about it. It might've made my eyeshadow a bit more pigmented but I could barely tell, and after not even 5 minutes I was a creasy mess.. The packaging is really cute tho! Maybe more suitable for someone with dryer eyelids, but I'm not going to repurchase this primer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, so dispite hearing many different views about this product I think that there are many other I primers on the market that are cheaper or the same price that are better than this. Firstly I put this on when I put my primer on my face and by the time I had got to my eyes which was only 10 minutes later the eye primer had crusted over and left massive marks on my eyes. Secondly, when i put it on it hurts my eyes and makes the tingle. It gets stuck on my last line and clumps together and I also think the formula is to greasy and watery. For me it didn't keep my eyeshadow on any longer than it would without primer so this is a defiant no for me.

on 10/27/2015 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Awful. I put this on my eyelid and it caused a horrible reaction that made my eyes swollen, watery, and tomato red. I was so mad I drove the 45 minutes to the Rexall I got it from to return it. It doesn't seem like anyone else has had this issue but I was not willing to risk continued use after the pain it caused.

on 7/2/2015 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first eyeshadow primer, it works pretty well. I put a little bit on my finger tips and pat it on my eyelids.
The creamy formula makes it very easy to adhere on my sweaty lids, and it does not feel oily at all! My eyeshadows sticks well with this primer, even the powdery matte colours could shows up nicely.
I have been using this for about two to three weeks, and it last pretty well in the day. Would repurchase again.

I love this product! It's smooth, velvety and goes on realy well. Plus you only need a teeny tiny bit to cover your entire eyelid. Therefore, I'll last me for ages. My lids are usually oily, but with this on, they don't get oily at all. I've even tried it out with the worst eyeshadow I have, which normally creases after like an hour or so and it worked! It stayed put!
I recommend. It's my favourite!