Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

3.9

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

AMAZING.... AMAZING... AMAZING!!!!!! Only I would love a pump, but I can get around that!!!! OBSESSED!!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If I could give it 0 I would. It was applied by the woman in the store when I wanted to try it out and it looked awful on my skin (extremely dry and sensitive). My whole face looked incredibly dry and red due to the other products she used. I tried applying it myself via a sample to see if it was any better - no luck. I was very disappointed as I'd heard amazing things and have a friend with dry skin and it looks good on her. I'd say AVOID if you have very dry skin! I can see how it would be good for oily skin though but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

on 5/24/2017 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If you have dry skin and want to use this product prepare to do a lot of prep so it doesn't completely dry out your skin. Even then, wearing a moisturiser under this foundation makes it not set for hours so it transfers every time you touch your face.

I also found that it enhanced the fine lines around my eyes and cracks when I smile.

Can't argue with the coverage though. It's very full coverage and probably best for someone with normal or oily skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

very average foundation. i'd use it if i had to but it just isnt worth the hype its too mattifying for my dry skin and sinks into cracks around the mouth. however this is one of those products that i can imagine people may hate at first but might love if they try it again a couple of years down the line

on 10/29/2016 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have quite dry and sensitive skin. I usually go for a lighter foundation but a small amount of double wear works really well for me. You can also build on your coverage, my go to on nights out. This foundation really does last all day. When being colour matched in Myer, I was impressed with the huge colour range available. The bottle in a little annoying to use, especially when low but it's packaging is quite nice. I paid $50, which I think is well priced for such a lovely foundation.

on 7/26/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've really been loving long wear foundations this summer and this is no exception. This isn't as matte as most people say it is in my opinion. I have the shade Rattan and it's good for my NC30 skintone. It has good coverage and lasting power. There's a few things this foundation is missing for me: SPF and a pump. The fact that you still have to pour this out is ridiculous. It's messy and gunks up the cap. I bought a pump from MAC so I don't have to worry about it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've used this foundation for 6 years,they change the formulation from when I just started it and now I feel like the coverage isnt as good as it used to be.. With that being said its still a medium to full coverage. The biggest problem that I have at this foundation is always have to mix in elixirs to make the foundation actually match me which sucks especially when you're in a hurry. The where time is very nice I get about nine hours going non stop while using it. I absolutely love the smell it just reminds me of years past . My only complaint is this foundation doesn't have a pump however you can buy a Mac pump and it will work perfect. I use shade cool bone

on 3/8/2016 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HOLY GRAIL foundation!
I have dry , acne prone redness skin.
This foundation a little goes a long way . Covers up every thing with just one layer, even with two layers it dose NOT CAKE UP ! It looks flawless! I am in my 5 th bottle no way I'm replacing

Pros :
Many colors to choose from
Full coverage
Dose not cake up
Matte finish

Cons :
Touch up every now and there if you get oily

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let's talk about the pros of this foundation. It has a matte/demi-matte finish, very good coverage and an incredible staying power! So why am I rating this two lippies? Well, it clings to dry patches, highlights EVERY. SINGLE. HAIR. you have on your face and is extremely hard to remove. You'll have yo use an oil based makeup remover AND double cleanse to remove every trace of the foundation. It also broke me out; the mornings after using this I would wake up with those deep, painful cyst that would last for weeks. And do we want to talk about the packaging? Yes, it is beautiful and luxurious, but not practical at all! It's heavy, made of glass (so if you drop it it will break and make a big mess) and DOESN'T COME WITH A PUMP! I mean, no pump?? Come on!

on 2/8/2016 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying I'm on my 3rd bottle of this foundation. It is my HOLY GRAIL foundation! I have dry to very dry acne prone skin and it is very hard to find a good foundation that doesn't patch up or dosent have a full coverage I've tried plenty of foundations from high end to drugstore. None will ever replace this !

It is full coverage with one layer, I don't need a setting powder the Finnish is a beautiful matte .

Pros : many color options, medium to full coverage, dose not require setting powder, a little goes a long way , dose not break me out , A BOTTLE FOR LASTS ME ABOUT 8months

Con : no pump