Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup

4.1

12/2012 REFORMULATION

on 10/29/2016 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have quite dry and sensitive skin. I usually go for a lighter foundation but a small amount of double wear works really well for me. You can also build on your coverage, my go to on nights out. This foundation really does last all day. When being colour matched in Myer, I was impressed with the huge colour range available. The bottle in a little annoying to use, especially when low but it's packaging is quite nice. I paid $50, which I think is well priced for such a lovely foundation.

on 7/27/2016 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

No matter how I tried I just couldn't make this foundation work for me. I tried it with different moisturizers, primers and it always ended up the same - within an hour it was cracked and horrible-looking. It seemed to settle into every pore and line on my face. Maybe it's my skin, I have combination skin with very dry cheeks in winter but even when my skin was well prepped and the foundation looked great on application it would without fail look terrible within an hour.

on 7/26/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've really been loving long wear foundations this summer and this is no exception. This isn't as matte as most people say it is in my opinion. I have the shade Rattan and it's good for my NC30 skintone. It has good coverage and lasting power. There's a few things this foundation is missing for me: SPF and a pump. The fact that you still have to pour this out is ridiculous. It's messy and gunks up the cap. I bought a pump from MAC so I don't have to worry about it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've used this foundation for 6 years,they change the formulation from when I just started it and now I feel like the coverage isnt as good as it used to be.. With that being said its still a medium to full coverage. The biggest problem that I have at this foundation is always have to mix in elixirs to make the foundation actually match me which sucks especially when you're in a hurry. The where time is very nice I get about nine hours going non stop while using it. I absolutely love the smell it just reminds me of years past . My only complaint is this foundation doesn't have a pump however you can buy a Mac pump and it will work perfect. I use shade cool bone

on 3/8/2016 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HOLY GRAIL foundation!
I have dry , acne prone redness skin.
This foundation a little goes a long way . Covers up every thing with just one layer, even with two layers it dose NOT CAKE UP ! It looks flawless! I am in my 5 th bottle no way I'm replacing

Pros :
Many colors to choose from
Full coverage
Dose not cake up
Matte finish

Cons :
Touch up every now and there if you get oily

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let's talk about the pros of this foundation. It has a matte/demi-matte finish, very good coverage and an incredible staying power! So why am I rating this two lippies? Well, it clings to dry patches, highlights EVERY. SINGLE. HAIR. you have on your face and is extremely hard to remove. You'll have yo use an oil based makeup remover AND double cleanse to remove every trace of the foundation. It also broke me out; the mornings after using this I would wake up with those deep, painful cyst that would last for weeks. And do we want to talk about the packaging? Yes, it is beautiful and luxurious, but not practical at all! It's heavy, made of glass (so if you drop it it will break and make a big mess) and DOESN'T COME WITH A PUMP! I mean, no pump?? Come on!

on 2/8/2016 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying I'm on my 3rd bottle of this foundation. It is my HOLY GRAIL foundation! I have dry to very dry acne prone skin and it is very hard to find a good foundation that doesn't patch up or dosent have a full coverage I've tried plenty of foundations from high end to drugstore. None will ever replace this !

It is full coverage with one layer, I don't need a setting powder the Finnish is a beautiful matte .

Pros : many color options, medium to full coverage, dose not require setting powder, a little goes a long way , dose not break me out , A BOTTLE FOR LASTS ME ABOUT 8months

Con : no pump

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my "go to" foundation when I need a lot of coverage (hormonal zits and red spots) and want my foundation to last all day. For me, it's best when applied with a damp beauty blender. Otherwise, the coverage is too thick and the brush lines show. I've also tried it thinned out with a liquid highlighter and/or a few drops of serum which makes it look a bit more dewy. My biggest gripe is that packaging. . .I swear half of it gets wasted when I pour it out. Why no pump Estee Lauder?

on 7/28/2015 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation isnt that great for us dry skin girls tbh. It looked really really flaky on my skin and it was easy to tell i was wearing foundation and it wasnt a 'natural' finish at all. it is matte though and if you have oily skin its gonna look great on you. I was matched to the color sand which was a bit light for me but bronzer makes it ok. The undertone is really yellow but when i apply it it looks a bit grey on me and i look sick so i decided not to wear it eventually. So sad it didnt have a pump! Sometimes too much of it spills out): It lasts for a really long time but its hard to take off just by a makeup wipe. It made me break out a bit on my T zone but nothing too big. A little does go a long way with this foundation and if you use a sponge to apply it it looks pretty great. The shades are a huge problem!! I got matched 4 times before finally giving up and getting the color the sales lady told me. I was matched to cool tones 2 times even though im a warm undertone. Dont buy this foundation unless you see the tester color in natural lighting cause store lightings are tricky!! I do wish they gave more product since the price a bit high. At the end of the day i decided it was too fake and cakey for me and ended up sticking to my bb creams

on 1/24/2015 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have extremely dry skin with red acne scars on my cheeks. This foundation covers every imperfection so well. It really is the best foundation for anyone who is looking for full coverage. I have used so many different types and brands and I always come back to this one.

It is very thick but when applied to the skin does not look cakey and you don't need a lot as it spreads and blends so easily even on dry skin like mine! It leaves skin looking smooth with a Matt finish but also has a pretty subtle glow at the same time and doesn't need to be set with powder. I get compliments when I use this foundation which is so strange as my skin is actually really awful underneath but you would never know when using this product.

The only down sides are the packaging and price. It is over 25 in the UK which is pricey but it really is worth it for anyone who has very bad skin. No other product can cover this well. The product lasts ages. I go through a bottle in about 3 -4months but as I have imperfections to cover I use more than the average person with better skin would. It also comes in a glass bottle without a pump which I don't like but as I've said the product is so amazing for my skin I don't mind at all!

Anybody with acne scarring definitely needs to give this a try!