InnisFree No Sebum Mint Mineral powder

InnisFree No Sebum Mint Mineral powder

4.5

SILICA, CORN STARCH MODIFIED, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, CAPRYLIC/CAPRICTRIGLYCERIDE, MICA, METHICONE, MINERALSALTS, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, MENTHA ARVENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, FRAGRANCE

on 11/16/2016 1:29:00 AM

This review is for the loose powder.

Best powder for extended oil control. Goes on quite white but is very fine and can easily be buffed into the skin. The puff that comes with it is garbage so I suggest using a brush instead. I have not noticed any patchiness or emphasis of dryness, although I have oily skin so drier types may want to use a light hand.

My only con is the small jar and the messiness of the product, as it causes a bit of waste when it poofs everywhere when putting a brush in. However, each one lasts a while (3-4 months) and I have noticed Innisfree has produced a "big" version with 15g versus 5g.

on 11/3/2016 2:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

There are 2 versions of this: pressed and loose. I have gotten both before and I definitely prefer the loose version.

My skin is combination to oily and I used to set my liquid foundation with this loose powder. It goes on with no whitish cast thankfully. It does the job fairly well of controlling oil too, but beware, dry flaky skin will be emphasized somehow.

A tip for ladies with fine oily hair: pat this onto your fringe/scalp and it absorbs the greasiness immediately!

Pressed version on the other hand is not as good as the loose because when applied, a whitish ghoulish cast appears on my face. DEFINITELY a no for the pressed powder.

on 11/2/2016 3:17:00 AM

This is for the loose powder.

Pros:
I like how this powder blends into the skin and leaves it naturally matte and not entirely flat. My skin looks slightly dewy but definitely not oily even after a rough day outdoors. I have sensitive skin and haven't had any reactions so far. Price was $10CAD for a decent size.

Cons:
Too much powder can leave a white cast. The powder looks great but feels grainy on the skin. It also emphasizes dry patches (but all powders do). The worst thing about this powder is the packaging. The lid does not align perfectly and powder falls onto the rim of the container. It is an absolute mess everytime I open it. I may try the pressed powder next time to avoid this problem.

on 10/30/2016 10:15:00 PM

I'm using the loose powder version.
I am oily but not crazy oily, only oily on my T-zone. This works really well for me. It keeps me matte whole day most of the time while but sometimes i still get slightly oily.
I like how it has a plastic separator so it sieves out little powder at a time & the powder won't fly all over & i can work my way slowly. I can always remove the plastic separator if i feel like it. How convenient.
I have no problem with this problem, no patchiness, no break-outs ( i am non acne prone ) & it doesn't make me extra white.
It only cost me $10 like what? Crazy cheap for a great product.
101% definitely would repurchase but would love to try out Etude House's oil control powder before making the final decision.

on 10/27/2016 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This powder will give you a very different effect depending on the condition of your skin and on what you wear as a foundation (if anything).

Pros: Very lightweight and finely milled. It doesn't add any more layers to your makeup.
On well conditioned and moisturised skin it will give you a beautiful brightening effect. If you use it to set a BB or a foundation it will make you look poreless (I got comments on how porcelain and doll like my skin looked). The oil control isn't as good as with MAC Blot Powder, but, because the finish isn't as flat and the product is a lot finer, it makes your skin look more flawless.

Cons: Can dry out your skin and will cling to any dry patches. For this reason I couldn't use it until I've discovered that that to prevent this from happening I needed to apply a deeply moisturising serum or essence before going in with my moisturiser. There's also only one shade available (white). Even though it's very translucent it can look very ashy on skin tones any deeper than NC20 or NW20. I also wish there was a separate compratment for a puff, but at least the've included a plastic separator.

So I was super excited to get this powder after reading the stellar reviews. I'm actually not that impressed. I have combo skin for the most part, that tends to get pretty oily in the t-zone area. I was looking for something to combat my oiliness so I wouldn't have to blot my face all day. I came across this powder on amazon and after diving into asian skincare products.

First of all I have to say I like the packaging so far. I don't know how they do it but I love that when I open it I never get product on the edges of the jar, therefore eliminating a dusty, annoying mess. I also like that this isn't super cakey and does not go on thick. You would have to really pack it on for that to happen. The light, minty smell is also nice. Another thing I like is that it doesn't give me a chalky look. Sometimes when using a redness corrector I get this horrible dead, chalky look. This does not do that (I understand it's not a corrector).

What I don't like is that my face gets oily. Not as quickly as it would without it but this powder does not last all day and does not make the oil disappear. I also have a hard time reapplying because it's not translucent on me. Therefore I would have to reapply my powder foundation or put some bronzer over it. I tested this against TonyMoly Cat's Wink and I think that fared better than this.

on 10/6/2016 10:57:00 AM

I really like this compact powder. I have skin that's on the dry side but can look a bit too shiny/greasy after applying cream, SPF and foundation, especially when it's hot and humid. I haven't used too many t-zone shine reducers in the past due to them making my skin itch and crawl and look like a geisha girl (aka ghastly white). However, this doesn't do either - feels like nothing at since it is so finely milled and probably due to the green tea in it. Also doesn't clog my pores! Lastly, and most importantly, it doesn't make me look like a ghost! It does leave a very slight white "veil" at first but I noticed that after a few minutes the whiteness mostly disappears. Great portable setting powder too. It can look a bit too powdery if applied with a heavy hand and the velvety sponge is quite small and on the cheap side. Overall, I like this stuff for the price and will repurchase again if need be.

on 10/6/2016 5:49:00 AM

I like the minty scent,, but it is 5g only,not worthy

on 8/16/2016 6:16:00 PM

I am obsessed with this stuff. I have spent years and probably thousands trying to find a product that would stop my t zone from shining without drying me out, blocking my pores, making me look orange or feeling like Barbara Cartland did my slap. Also none of them worked.

But this stuff! It's amazing, it really is. I have a cupboard full because the thought of running out is just awful.

It's cheap, it smells quite nice and it WORKS. I find the loose powder is much more effective than the pressed, so I carry the compact for rare touch ups.

I currently use Urban Decay De Slick (which helps but is nowhere near as good as this baby) then a light layer of this, and maybe some Lily Lolo mineral foundation for evenings or bad skin days, set it with Make Up Revolution spray (£5!) and that's me sorted for the whole day. I can't feel it or see it but my skin looks great.

It's my total HG product and I would be so sad if I couldn't get any more (would probably seriously consider emigration to Korea).

So glad I found it!

My HG product! I was so surprise to find out that this is actually compatible with the Givenchy and Dior loose powder that I have for so many years. I mean, all of them works great but this cost 1/8, it's smaller and easier to carry around for touch ups so it's a plus. Love it!