Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching SerumVinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

4.2

Water, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Butylene Glycol*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Squalane*, Potassium Sorbate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice*, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Oleate*, Sodium Carboxymethyl Betaglucan, Citric Acid, Sorbitan Laurate*, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Phytate*, Disodium Acetyl Glucosamine Phosphate, Myristyl Malate Phosphonic Acid. *Origine végétale - plant origin.

on 3/4/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product & have repurchased, it doesn't over promise & has a shining ingredient list, in fact I think it understates it's great properties. Below is a short summary of the ingredients:

-Grape fruit water, potent antioxidant, 1 of the best anti-aging ingredient, it's can't reverse aged skin, but it can delay it.
-Hyaluronic Acid- great moisturizer
-Glycerin, common emollient, attracts water from air to skin
-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Squalane--more emollients
-Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract, tells skin cell what to do (to behave better), especiially good if combined with anti oxidant, which this serum has
-Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate--plant based preservatives, good for people who hate parabens (which I don't really mind)
-Other thickening & bonding agents

Other bonuses:
-Made in France so no animal testing!
-Most ingredients are plant based means less animal derived ingredients.

I took 1 point off packaging because I prefer opage coiner which protects antioxidants better. It is very light weight, ultra moisturizing, sinks in well & quick, makes my less oily, I love it. I really think it would work great for all skin types (especially dehydrated & dry skin) because of it's light texture & anti-oxidant is a all around great ingredient. I recommend to to add another layer of moisturizer unless you have super oily skin.

Where do I begin with this product? I originally was recommended this serum by one of the Sephora's SA because I had problems with sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. I had random patches of dry skin on my face but an oily T-zone, and she told me that this product would keep my skin well-balanced and all over hydrated, while keeping my oils under control. I didn't believe it so I passed on the product at the time since I was still using another serum. But this time I stumbled across this serum again through one of my favorite youtubers, ohhaiclaire, and after hearing her opinions on the product, I decided to pick one up at my local Sephora (just in time too because I ran out of my usual serum). I have only good thoughts about this serum! It keeps my oils under control but have completely hydrated my skin to the point where I have no dry patches! And this makes my skin feel so baby soft that I always want to reach for it throughout the day. I apply this after my toner and layer the quenching creme from Caudalie's line, and I think this is my new favorite skin care regimen. I have no breakouts from this, and my sensitive skin actually drinks up this serum and loves it so so much. I will definitely repurchase this when I am out.

on 4/11/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have combination acne prone skin which makes it tough to find a good balance, a few more aggressive acne fighting products and the skin feels tight and uncomfortable while richer formulas are not even an option. Le sigh...

Pros of this Caudalie serum:
* Does feel hydrating and dethirsting
* Sinks in instantly
* Skin is left calm, plump and pampered
* Light non sticky texture
* No skin irritation or breakouts
* Nice scent
* Convenient packaging
* A pump is enough for one application

Cons:
* Price
* Might be too heavily fragranced for some
* The hydrating effect doesn't last the whole day

Overall I'm pleased with SOS serum and apply it every morning before my sunscreen but my favourite use of it is as a primer before heavier coverage matte foundations. They apply like a dream and the finish is much more natural without any added greasiness, especially when combined with a light spritz of Caudalie Eau de Raisin as a finishing touch. I would consider it a staple for this alone.

I seem to be the only reviewer who broke out from this. I loved the way it made my skin look and feel up until I broke out after using it for less than a week. I generally use unscented products on my face, so my perception that this scent was both strong and that it stayed noticeable all day might not be the same as those of other users.

on 11/16/2012 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit- I've stopped buying this as a plain Hyaluronic Acid serum has the same effect. Reviva Labs is $10 ish for a 1 oz bottle and far more concentrated, it does the same job. I will admit that it does not feel as nice as the Caudalie when applied, but for what amounts to a $90 difference I'm ok with using the Reviva.

I've been using this in conjunction with the moisturizers and masque in the series for 6 or so months. We'd just moved a few states away, and the skin on my face was so uncomfortable- cystic acne, irritation, dryness, excessive patchy oily spots. I've had oily skin nearly all of my life so this was odd.
I love Caudalie products- they never irritate my skin, so we went Sephora to find something new. I was lucky enough that a Caudalie rep who really knew her stuff was there that day. She said that I had serious surface dehydration and recommended the serum in addition to the moisturizer. I tried the moisturizer alone and with a sample of the serum and I can honestly say- it makes a huge difference! my face is just happy with it. It really improves surface moisture and helps decrease the irritation. I'm on my 4th bottle at the moment, and use it twice daily. When I stop I have problems with my skin. The only complaint I have is that the remainder is difficult to get out of the glass bottle.

on 11/26/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thank goodness for MUA reviews! I've been fighting with my dry, dehydrated skin for the last few weeks (well, always, but more so lately) and was at my wit's end because I could barely wear foundation - it would cake, show my fine lines, and generally sap all moisture out of my skin.

Anyway... after a lot of research, I went to pick up a bottle of the SOS. I have been using it day and night as my serum, under my moisturizer. I have been exfoiliating a bit less frequently but using my same moisturizer routine. After a few days of dedicated use, my skin is actually glowing! No accentuated lines, no flaking, no caking. I'm very pleasantly surprised and plan to continue to use this until my skin is back in shape, at which point I will likely use it at night, or ever other night, in combination with a more active-ingredient based serum.

Update: I found I went through the bottle very quickly -- it lasted for just under two months. I applied it twice daily but thought I was being sparing. I will probably still re-purchase but may try to use it on an "as needed" and rescue basis if I'm able to whip my dry skin into shape with something else.

on 7/31/2013 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin is oily but dehydrated, and these days I'm looking for a serum rather than a moisturizer. My first try was Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum, which is a Vitamin C serum. I was excited to try it because I knew it could potentially brighten my skin and boost sun protection with its antioxidants. I never used it long enough to see any benefits, but it was a nice hydrating serum. Unfortunately, it broke me out a bit so here I am.

This Caudalie serum has a milky consistency and sinks into the skin very easily. The scent is not strong and I find it pleasant, though scent is pretty personal. For my dehydrated oily skin, I would say this works pretty well. It hydrates without adding too much moisture, so it plays nice with my oiliness. And while I find that some moisturizers seem to sit on my skin and/or sink in just a little bit, this serum actually hydrates. I have no problems using other products on top of this serum, including makeup, so that is a plus.

Apparently, this serum also has some antioxidants, but I can't really comment on whether or not the quantity/quality is laudable.

The only thing, besides the price point ($49), is that this isn't the most hydrating serum. I think if you have truly dry skin, especially if it's also dehydrated, there are better options out there (like OHTS, which offers superior hydration).

A very good hydrating serum, lightweight yet powerfull. I like to use it in winter, when my skin tends to the dry side. It's very similar to Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum, which does the same thing for a lesser price.

on 4/16/2015 3:24:00 PM

Hydration saver for the cold months.
I bought it two times in fall and it lasts up to late spring.
I apply right after toner while skin is still damp so I use half of pump.
Didn't clog my pores and didn't cause any sensitivity problems.

My skin is combination: oily T-zone, dry cheeks, very dehydrated during colder months, prone to pores clogging

For comparison: this was for me much better than Caudalie vinoperfect serum, Vichy idealia, Vichy Aqualia Thermal and The body shop vitamin E serum.

If I don't find something cheaper that I love as much as I do this, I'll repurchase next fall.

EDIT: tried Laneige Water Bank essence which is an amazing replacement for this and is much cheaper, otherwise the performace is the same.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm 25, with sensitive combination skin, and a few months back I had the worst break-out of my life (way worse than anything I'd had in my teens) due to stress. I had big, painful blemishes and inflammation all over my face. This serum, together with the vinosource moisturizing sorbet, saved my skin.
It's sooo hydrating and soothing, and the scent is very lovely and light. Almost feels like you're adding water directly into your skin. The texture is very light and almost watery and it sinks quickly into the skin. It leaves my skin feeling super refreshed!
In the first couple of weeks, when my skin was at it's worst, it really helped calm the irritation and redness (it felt very cooling).
Now I still use it day and night and my skin is loving it :)