Bumble & Bumble hairdresser's invisible oil

Bumble & Bumble hairdresser's invisible oil

3.5

Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate, Isododecane, Dimethiconol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Bis-Cetearyl Amodimethicone, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Squalene, Tocopherol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Fragrance.

on 12/18/2016 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

My hair type: medium thickness, chemically-straightened, and almost waist-length.

Just one(!) pump of this oil on damp hair before blow-drying leaves it soft, smooth, and shiny.

I think the trick to making this product work is figuring out exactly how much your hair needs. As with many oil-based products, it's incredibly easy to over-apply and doing so will leave your hair looking greasy - I've certainly made that mistake in the past!

At $40 a bottle, this is definitely a pricey product. But since I need only one pump each time I use it, I know it's going to last.

Oh, and did I mention this oil smells AMAZING? It smells like caramel. If you're familiar with perfumes, it reminds me of "Fancy" by Jessica Simpson.

on 9/27/2016 4:11:00 PM

I received a sample vial of this from Sephora. When I tried it the first time, I used it on damp hair right before blow-drying. I accidentally used a smidge too much product and distributed it through my hair, bringing it up close to my roots. My hair normally lasts 2 days before looking oily, but after I used this, it became uncomfortably oily by the end of day 1.

A week later, I got my hair coloured and it was feeling very coarse and rough when I washed my hair. So I did the same thing, only this time I used less oil and concentrated it onto my ends (and was also careful to not distribute the product around with my hairbrush). After blow-drying, my hair felt super soft and nourished, and it hasn't caused the same oily scalp problems as before.

I think that this is a nice product to smooth out dry ends, but I don't think I will be repurchasing due to its high price tag ($25-50 CAD). You could probably achieve a similar effect with coconut oil or drugstore products for a fraction of the cost. Might be worth trying a sample before buying.

on 7/20/2016 3:22:00 AM

I received a sample of this in a subscription service. The first thing I noticed was its amazing smell. I enjoyed the spray application and it worked well to distribute product evenly. It smoothed out my hair a bit, but not drastically. I prefer a "stronger" oil for my hair as I tend to go quite a while between trims and my ends can get frayed. I enjoyed using this product but would not repurchase for this price. I prefer using BioSilk.

Pros:
- Amazing smell
- Easy to apply

Cons:
- Not enough smoothing

on 2/15/2016 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have pretty damaged asian hair from years of non-stop highlights and an unfortunate perming decision 3 years ago (which has still not been completely cut off). Although I am doing my lazy best, my ends still split frequently despite haircuts every 2 months. If I do nothing, it looks OK, nothing special. (Also, I wash my hair at night and go to bed with it wet. It's fairly long, past shoulder-length.)

When I wake up in the morning, usually I'm super lazy and only brush it. If I use a tiny bit of this (TINY TINY, like half a pump), rub it in my palms and use it on my tips (hair is dry), it is amazing. It adds shine, hides my damaged ends, and makes my hair look FAB. This is really the hair stylists' secret because it makes even my hair look fresh from a salon. I always use this if I happen to be home before dinner or drinks (i.e. I know I will be home to wash it out before I start looking oily).

Aside from LOOKING awesome, though, I cannot tell if the product is actually helping to heal my hair-- I would lean towards 'no'. Also, be VERY careful you don't use this on the top of your head (like if you are trying to flatten flyaways, be super sparing), because at the end of the day it could look oily and limp. Given how much I use, I estimate this bottle will last me more than 1 year, so price is pretty OK.

I prefer the primer spray, even though it doesn't achieve the same sleek and really nice look (at all), it puts sunscreen in my hair without the weight/oiliness. I use the primer spray on my hair when wet-- I would never use this invisible oil on my wet hair.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's hard to put a finger on why I like this so much, but I'll give it a try!

First of all I have straight, pretty thick, long hair that is very dry at the ends, tends to tangle in my neck and I don't have the time or energy to style it in the morning so I just want something quick to make it look a little bit more awake.

I feel that this oil softens my hair, keeps my hair detangled for a longer time and gives it a shine (not a disturbing shine, just a soft shine) and also straightens it out a bit. Most importantly - it completely covers my dry ends! I don't know if it actually does something to heal them but they sure LOOK very fresh and strong after I've applied this oil. It also smells heavenly and not too much!

It is expensive but you only need one pump for your entire hair. I just spread it out on my palms and stroke it onto my lengths.

GREAT product for everyone who wants a quick routine to make their hair look fresh and healthy and smell nice :)

on 11/11/2015 2:41:00 AM

I received a sample vial of this as part of a 500 point perk from Sephora. While the oil works nicely to make my hair lustrous, it also gives me the worst flyaways! I've tried both rubbing a small amount into damp hair, as well as into dry hair, and either way, the result is the same -- beautiful sheen, tons of static. Boo hiss.

This oil is really incredible! Its literally like buying a keratin treatment for your hair, but the way cheaper version. My hair always feels like its never been touched by heat, or harsh dies, even though, lets be real, when am i not using a blow dryer, curler or straightener on it? I always find it hard to get your moneys worth for the product, so if i were you i would go directly to the bumble and bumble website to buy it. I will link it down below! you wont regret the purchase!

on 8/12/2015 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've tried a lot of dry oils, and they're my favorite styling product on the market. The reason behind that is I really think dry oils are a "one-size-fits-all" product. If your hair is fine in texture like mine, awesome - they're called dry oils because they're light in consistency. If your hair is coarse, awesome - dry oils know no limits when it comes to moisturizing. The key is to figure out the "magic amount" when applying. Finer hair needs less, coarser hair needs more. If you find your hair looks weighed down and greasy - chances are you're either using a dry oil impostor OR you've applied too much.

With all that being said, as stoked as I was to see another dry oil hit the market - this one is just "meh". I can appreciate that it isn't full of rubbing alcohol. And I can also appreciate that it contains a bunch of natural oils. However those natural oils are causing it to be heavier in consistency. I do think of Bumble and Bumble Invisible Hairdresser's Oil as a *true* dry oil, however it is not the lightest on the market. I found that applying too much lead to nasty looking hair, yet applying a proper amount meant risking some of my hair to not be fully saturated.

Last con on my list - the price. I'd be fine paying $$$ if this was amazing. However my $7-$8 Ion Keratin Dry Oil Mist at Sally Beauty Supply out preforms it. For the ingredient list you're getting, it sure isn't worth more than $15. I will not repurchase.

I really like this oil & it works amazing on my hair. Naturally, I have thick wavy hair...but I always straighten it. So I am always on the lookout for trying new hair oils/serums. I apply about 2-3 pumps on my dry hair, after I straighten it. WOW. Very light weight, makes my hair smooth, soft, frizz-free & shiny. I like this way better than morrocan oil. Only complaint is that this is pricey for how big the bottle is. You only need very little, so it should last a while. I would definitely reccommend.

on 5/27/2015 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Love this product! I use it once after I towel dry my hair and once again after I blow dry it, only from mid-shaft to ends. I try to keep it off the roots, but will lightly apply if i have fly-aways.
The only downside is, it's quite pricey, but I can see a little bit goes a long way, so this will probably last me a long time.

Popular Styling Products