Suave Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil

Suave Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil

4.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenyl Trimethicone, Amodimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil.

on 6/7/2016 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have fine hair with a lot of volume and a bit of frizz from being color-treated, so my hair is tangly. I use a squirt of this when my hair is wet and combing is no problem. My scalp is pretty oily, but Suave Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil does not exacerbate the problem. One bottle lasted me a good 2 years, so I'd say it's definitely a bargain!

on 5/20/2016 8:50:00 AM

I like this better than the name brand comparison!

To Read all 51 Reviews, Login or Join

I love my morrocan infusing styling oil.

Effectiveness: 10/10 Doesn't apply on greasy and makes my hair feel amazing. My hair feels extremely soft and can be curled or straight and looks great.

Value: 10/10 Can't beat the price! Under $10 dollars and lasts a long time!

Even though it does have silicones this oil is AMAZING! It transforms my frizzy hair into silk. The smell is great too. I put it in my hair when it is damp and after styling if needed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I hate to be the one to say this, but Suave Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil is mainly silicones. My hair loves silicone because it gives my hair a slippery feel that mimics healthy hair. No, this product will not undo any damage, but it can temporarily pretend to. I will note that this can *prevent* further damage, as explained in the next paragraph.

I would recommend applying this to damp hair only. That's the beauty of silicones, they act as occlusive agents. For those unfamiliar with the term, it means that silicone will serve as a physical barrier to prevent epidermal water loss. You can lock moisture in by applying to damp hair...and you can lock moisture out by applying to dry hair. Here is where preventing damage comes in. If a product locks in moisture, your hair won't have the opportunity to break/split as much.

My other gripe is fragrance is way too high up on the ingredient list. Fragrance tends to be drying; so the fact there's a higher content of fragrance than natural oils is worrisome. This product only has a minuscule amount of the beneficial ingredients that advertising brags about.

Full ingredient list: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenyl Trimethicone, Amodimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil

Edited to add: I wouldn't be surprised if this product is breaking out a lot of acne-prone consumers. Cyclopentasiloxane is a notorious silicone for clogging pores. The other silicones tend to be okay...but cyclopentasiloxane is the main ingredient! Additionally I can definitely see the natural oils (argan, almond, coconut) causing major break outs for many. Out of those 3, I am 100% positive coconut breaks me out. Everyone's skin is different. But hey like I said - the content of those ingredients is almost nonexistent in this formula.

on 12/26/2015 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It's light, smells good and has become a staple. I usually don't detangle or comb my hair when it's wet, so I use this on dry hair. I take a small amount each time as many times as needed, rub it in my hands and then use on my hair for some "slip" to make detangling easier.

on 9/21/2015 11:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This stuff feels nice, makes my hair feel nice, and smells fairly pleasant; but I'm not going to be using it after the first try because my hair is bleached platinum blonde and the oil definitely brings out yellowy tones in it. Too bad,

on 9/7/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I recently changed up my hair color from highlights to ombre color, which I love but which also really damaged the ends of my hair. I have fine, oily, flat hair, so I was concerned about finding a product to make my ends soft without weighing down or greasing up my hair. This works wonders! I love it so much. I use two pumps on my damp hair before blow drying, and then I use one pump on my dry hair as my final hair product. I have long layers, and without an iron or rollers, this adds a really nice wave to my ends.

I am completely addicted. I took one lippie off for the scent. The first time I used this, I was taken aback by the strong smell, which does last all day. (For example, if I put my hair in a ponytail in the afternoon, I can smell it.) I'm used to it now, but I would prefer a fragrance-free version. It's just not to my tastes. Other than that, this is an amazing product for an amazing price.

This little wonder is one of the best products I have ever used, and I'm not exaggerating. My hair is thick, coarse, dry and highlighted. After shampooing and conditioning, I blot the excess water, then let my hair air dry for a minute or two. I use two pumps of this product, and work it through my hair, ends first, then comb through. Then, I use my usual styling product. At first, I was mixing it with my other styling product, but I found that applying this product first, gave my hair even more of a silky feel after blow drying and styling.

I also use it as a finishing oil after heat styling. One pump is all that's needed, concentrating on ends. It provides beautiful shine and silky texture to my hair, with absolutely no oily feel whatsoever.

I love everything about this product. Beautiful results, an amazing value. Definite repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Great product. Picked it up after seeing that 97% of reviewers would repurchase and very happy so far.

The smell is delightful, like superfancy spiced cookies with a perfumed tinge of some sort. It is sweet but also mildly exotic my mind wanders through scents such as gingerbread, chai, almonds, vanilla, cardamom, spice markets, etc.

Nothing quite sticks as definitive, but that's half the fun. What the heck does this smell like exactly? I'm not quite sure but I do know I love it and it smells way better than it should for something so cheap. If you want to get a sense of the scent, it's usually located next to the shampoo and conditioner from the same line not an exact match, but sniffing either will give you a good idea of whether or not you'll like the smell of the serum.

In terms of performance, thus far it's just as good as any other silicone-based hair serum I've used and perhaps better. My fine, frizzyish hair loves serums; my scalp occasionally balks and gets itchy and requires a break (oddly, my face skin doesn't seem to care and is all like, meh, whatevs, we be tough).

I haven't used this long enough to know which way things will go although the ingredients mildly resemble those of the only hair serum with silicones that I was ever able to use on a daily basis.

UPDATE 6.15.2015:

Have now been using this for a couple of weeks and still love it. The scent can't be beat and if it were bottled up and sold separately as a stand alone scent, I'd buy it!

Hasn't made my scalp itchy, which is a first for s silicone-based drugstore serum. If it were going to cause issues, it would have done so by now, based on prior experiences with numerous other hair serums. For me, this is very well-formulated!

Not 100% sure, but I think dimethicone is the 'cone that's usually the culprit in terms of buildup issues, which this doesn't contain. It does have dimethiconal, but that's a lighter ingredient that apparently evaporates to a certain extent, and is not to be confused (despite the extremely similar names!) with dimethicone, which is one of the heavier silicones.

Also, in practice, I've learned that I prefer this as a finishing serum once my hair is fully dry. I shower daily in the evening, and when applied to damp hair prior to blow-drying, I find that my hair doesn't fully dry, which results in severe bedhead the next day. I have pretty fine, porous hair though, which is hard to thoroughly dry in a reasonable time frame (even my hair guy has a tough time getting it fully dry within the allotted time).

Popular Hair Treatments