Suave Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil

Suave Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil

4.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenyl Trimethicone, Amodimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil.

on 1/29/2017 12:45:00 PM

At first I didn't care for this product since it left my fine, thin hair lank and with no body. Now that I have long extensions, I love it. My hair looks shiny and smooth. I like it best when I put it on my dry ends, before heat styling.

on 12/27/2016 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great stuff.I love this newer line of gold suave products in the gold bottles

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had a very positive experience with this oil just over the past day and thought I'd add my voice to the many who appreciate this cheap but wonderful (and versatile) product.
I bought this after seeing the high rating and normally use a bit on dry hair and my clip in extensions to tame flyaways and add shine. It works great for both of those and does NOT weigh down my fine hair but my hair is naturally voluminous (maybe too voluminous LOL) because it's naturally quite curly. So normally products don't flatten my hair unless I'm overusing them, but this goes on SO light, it has just the right amount of scent, and I think the packaging is very convenient and, being a smaller bottle it's easy to take on vacation or keep in your bag.
Anyways my hair was feeling very dry over the past couple days and even after a hair mask I wasn't liking what I was feeling. So I washed, conditioned and applied my usual leave in. The only part of my routine that I added in was applying three squirts of this oil to the bottom 2/3s of my hair, raking it through, and letting it airdry as usual.
The results? Silky, healthy hair with a hearty shine and a better flat iron experience that didn't make me feel like I was frying my hair. Instead the hair felt "coated" but NOT flat or greasy.
I feel like a doofus for neglecting to realize how much more potent this oil is on damp hair- it might just revolutionize my hair routine!! If they discontinued this I might just riot :O
Also applied this to my damp clip in hair extensions (like half a squirt per section) and they came out just lovely.

on 8/1/2016 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was pretty excited to try this, since I have really dry, fine hair. Wasn't impressed.

PROS:
Didn't weigh down my fine, (but lots of it) hair
Didn't feel greasy (used 1 pump on damp hair)
Smelled great
Made my hair a bit softer

CONS:
Didn't tame any frizz - made it worse.
Made my hair just hang, even with curl.

Strange, didn't control frizz at all. I only used this product before drying - usually I use a leave-in conditioner + shine spray (Aussie) but I was afraid if I mixed any of these with the oil, it would weigh my hair down. I may try this with my shine spray, but I just don't think it's worth it for my hair. It made it softer, but it still feels frizzy (not dry). I applied it while getting ready for work at 7AM - by 9AM, I had my hair pulled back because it was just blah.

EDIT: Tried this again with my normal hair products - still a big NO. For some reason, it makes my hair SUPER FRIZZY. I don't understand. I thought it would make it more greasy, if anything - but it's the exact opposite. I have better results if I do NOT use this product. I think I'm returning it. Only other option would be to try it on my dry hair, but I'm afraid THAT will make it greasy for sure.

on 6/7/2016 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have fine hair with a lot of volume and a bit of frizz from being color-treated, so my hair is tangly. I use a squirt of this when my hair is wet and combing is no problem. My scalp is pretty oily, but Suave Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil does not exacerbate the problem. One bottle lasted me a good 2 years, so I'd say it's definitely a bargain!

on 5/20/2016 8:50:00 AM

I like this better than the name brand comparison!

I love my morrocan infusing styling oil.

Effectiveness: 10/10 Doesn't apply on greasy and makes my hair feel amazing. My hair feels extremely soft and can be curled or straight and looks great.

Value: 10/10 Can't beat the price! Under $10 dollars and lasts a long time!

Even though it does have silicones this oil is AMAZING! It transforms my frizzy hair into silk. The smell is great too. I put it in my hair when it is damp and after styling if needed.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I hate to be the one to say this, but Suave Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil is mainly silicones. My hair loves silicone because it gives my hair a slippery feel that mimics healthy hair. No, this product will not undo any damage, but it can temporarily pretend to. I will note that this can *prevent* further damage, as explained in the next paragraph.

I would recommend applying this to damp hair only. That's the beauty of silicones, they act as occlusive agents. For those unfamiliar with the term, it means that silicone will serve as a physical barrier to prevent epidermal water loss. You can lock moisture in by applying to damp hair...and you can lock moisture out by applying to dry hair. Here is where preventing damage comes in. If a product locks in moisture, your hair won't have the opportunity to break/split as much.

My other gripe is fragrance is way too high up on the ingredient list. Fragrance tends to be drying; so the fact there's a higher content of fragrance than natural oils is worrisome. This product only has a minuscule amount of the beneficial ingredients that advertising brags about.

Full ingredient list: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Phenyl Trimethicone, Amodimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil

Edited to add: I wouldn't be surprised if this product is breaking out a lot of acne-prone consumers. Cyclopentasiloxane is a notorious silicone for clogging pores. The other silicones tend to be okay...but cyclopentasiloxane is the main ingredient! Additionally I can definitely see the natural oils (argan, almond, coconut) causing major break outs for many. Out of those 3, I am 100% positive coconut breaks me out. Everyone's skin is different. But hey like I said - the content of those ingredients is almost nonexistent in this formula.

on 12/26/2015 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It's light, smells good and has become a staple. I usually don't detangle or comb my hair when it's wet, so I use this on dry hair. I take a small amount each time as many times as needed, rub it in my hands and then use on my hair for some "slip" to make detangling easier.