DermOrganic Leave In Treatment with Argan Oil

DermOrganic Leave In Treatment with Argan Oil
DermOrganics 2013 pretty nice for over1/2 century

4.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Argan Oil, Grapeseed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Glycereth-2 Cocoate/Benzoic Acid (Natural Preservative), Fragrance.

This is your typical silicone-based argan oil hair serum. It has a sweet, almost nutty smell and a slippery, oily feel. Used in a small amount, it left my hair with some extra shine, helped moderately with frizz, and made my hair feel silkier. Used in too large of an amount, it made my hair feel greasy and look a little stringy. The same is true of pretty much every other serum of this type that I've used.

I found this was most useful for days when I blow-dried my hair - it felt like it added a little extra smoothness and softness. My hair is wavy/curly and I usually air-dry it, and this didn't do anything special for my hair on air-drying days. Like most serums of this type, I recommend concentrating on the ends of the hair and avoiding the roots.

It performed well enough, but I can't say it overwhelmed me. I suppose I would buy it again if I needed this type of serum, but for daily use, I would prefer something that had a little more frizz control and could improve the look of my hair when I air-dry it.

on 1/24/2016 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

One of my all-time favorite hair products. I use this on my hair when its about 60-75% dry on my ends and mid-shaft, and it works like a charm! I was a bit skeptical about all of the claims on the bottle, but this treatment has lived up to almost all of them

Pros:
- Decent scent (sorta fruity, but doesn't last long)
- Leaves my hair SUPER soft and manageable without any buildup
- Doesn't weight hair down
- Makes my hair shiny without a greasy feel
- Reduces static and frizz
- My hair has less tangles and knots
- Affordable
- A little goes a long way: it lasts FOREVER even though I have belly-button length hair

Cons:
- Claims to speed up drying time by 30%, but since my hair is almost-dry, there's really no difference

I hope they never discontinue this: it's a great buy!

To Read all 66 Reviews, Login or Join

This oil sent from heaven in a bottle has become a STAPLE in my hair care routine. I have been using this product for 3 years, and I still have 1/4 of it left so it will probably last me another 6 months. It has added so much health to my hair since I've been using it! It has helped me grow my hair out and adds softness and shine to it. What I love about this product is that it is light weight, smells nice, makes my hair healthy and strong, hydrates my ends, and it speeds up the drying time to my hair. I use it every time I wash my hair and put about a quarter size amount in my hand and massage it into the ends. Seriously, this product lasts so much that I don't need to worry about buying another bottle for a loooooong time. I have nothing bad to say about this, it has done nothing but wonders to my hair since I've been using it, I STRONGLY recommend this to anyone!

on 8/16/2014 6:45:00 PM

I didnt think this did anything for my hair but coat it in silicon. Its too heavy without truly treating it. Macadamia oil range is much better. I'm using a Nuxe frizz defy oil and its much better. This applies easily but just weighs my hair down way too much and I have thick hair. It also made it oily. There are much better options out there.

on 8/1/2014 3:42:00 AM

This is the best leave in conditioner I've tried and like many others on here I've tried a lot. After using this my hair dresser for the first time ever said my hair looked healthy. I can feel it and see it myself. I have fine naturally dark brown hair that's highlighted blonde. I also use my hair dryer too much and iron my hair when I'm going out. It's pretty damaged. So far this hasn't caused any build up. It makes my hair softer and easier to manage. I also noticed a lot less spilt ends. My friend recently bought me its a 10 leave in to try and I hated it. It dried my hair out and caused build up. I won't be looking for another leave in unless they discontinue it. Only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because it doesn't do much for frizziness. A little goes a long way. So far my bottle has lasted me over 6 months and I still have a lot left. Love this stuff thumbs up.

on 7/12/2014 6:58:00 AM

This works great. Leaves hair silky smooth. One bottle lasts for months

on 4/8/2014 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this leave-in and it does everything it says BUT I will not repurchase because it doesn't do anything different than Organix leave-in serums. The plus on this is no chemicals or artificial ingredients.

DermOrganic states this product:

DermOrganic Leave-In Treatment is made with Certified Argan Oil of Morocco to repair, protect and improve hair shine. Restores optimal moisture balance, smoothes and softens, speeds drying time, and protects hair from thermal styling.

Adds incredible softness and shine
Protects hair from thermal damage
Speeds drying time up to 40%
Sulfate-Free and Gluten-Free
No Sodium Chloride, Salt, MEA, DEA or Dyes
Paraben-Free and Propylene Glycol-Free
pH Balanced 4.5-5.5

It's a bit on the pricey side as is all of the products in this line and you get 4oz. I do like this more than It's a 10 and feel it does more than that product for about the same price. I hope this helps.

on 2/11/2014 5:41:00 PM

I went looking for some type of treatment because even with my hair short as I get length between hair cuts I noticed my hair drying out and snarling into knots even after washing and conditioning. I have the Try it size right now and it's lasting really well. I just rub a few drops in my hands and concentrate this on my ends. Because I have very fine hair I don't want it to look greasy or limp but I find doing this gives me the extra conditioning from the knots and a little shine to my processed hair. Yep it's expensive $8 for a tiny bottle but you use very little to get great results.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing and will always be in my routine

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I first received this as a sample from Ulta and decided to give it a try. I place a few drops in my palm, rub hands together and run through my hair from about ear level to ends. The product is scented but not overly so and dissipates. Doesn't seem to matter if I blow dry and curl or air dry, either way I get very shiny hair that lays down nicely with no frizz. When I blow dry and hot iron the product does a good job as a heat protectant and doesn't add to drying time. I don't wash everyday and this product is great as far as second day, no need to totally restyle just touch up and hair looks and feels very nice. I've since purchased a full size product (4 oz) and will continue using as I am happy with the product. It's a bit pricey but not over the top as far as these types of products and I had a coupon so that made it a reasonable purchase. For reference my hair is mid length, somewhat fine, color treated regularly.