Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,Cocamide DEA,Cocamidopropyl Betaine,Sodium Chloride, Glycolic Acid, Matricaria Extract,Yarrow Extract, St Johns Wort Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sage Extract 5/20/09

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wanted to like this product really badly due to its glowing reviews yet didn't settle well on my face. My face got dry, irritated, flaked a lot and I gained 11 tiny colourless zits as a result.

BTW, I paid a lot for this even though it's a sample.

MY EXPERIENCE: The first few weeks of using this product felt good. After washing my face with it, it felt fresh & no tightness feeling. Used it along with the Glycolic toner which irritates my skin but I kept using it anyways because I thought it was a normal reaction. As time flies, I realised it was no good continuing using the cleanser as it starts to dry my face badly until there were flakes on the chin and cheek area. The toner worsened it by making my skin irritated as hell and my hyper pigmentation scars got way darker than before! Had to stop using both and avoid all my other cleansers since it was in a bad condition because of both!

on 9/28/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my first week of using the Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser and I've noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin along with my face being less oily than it usually is. I currently have hyperpigmentation from acne and I'm hoping that this product will help me get rid of it. As of right now, I'm only using the cleanser twice a week but I plan on using it three times a week. In December I'll write a second review on my results after three months.

It is now February and I've been using this product for a while now. I love it, even though my scars aren't all completely gone, I've noticed some have went away. I'm going to continue to use this product since it's helped me with the scaring more than any other product I have used in the past.

on 9/26/2016 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE THIS CLEANSER. I have a ton of post acne scars, and this is slowly helping to remove them. Since I've been using this, some of the acne scars have actually "peeled" off!! This also helps to really clean the skin. LOVE LOVE

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After years of sensitive acne covered skin I started using this 2 years ago and it is the only thing that works. I've tried everything and came to the conclusion my skin couldn't handle salicylic acid but simple facial soaps with no acne treatment in them kept my skin clear but didn't prevent breakouts. Although this face wash says to use a few times a week I use it every morning and night and my skin is clear, bright and non oily/dry. I will never use anything else x

I use this cleanser when my skin needs TLC. It has helped improve my dull and congested skin and has really smoothed it out. I was drawn to this product because of the natural herbal extracts that are not irritating. My skin has reacted really well to it so far. (I use it around twice a week).

on 7/19/2016 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Before I started using this my face was okay I got one or two mini pimples, then after a few days of using this daily twice a day, my skin became worst than EVER. I got mini bumps and some cystic acne. It was horrible. It took me a month to figure out this is the culprit. After few days when I stop using this my skin calmed down.
I did not even finish the bottle it's not even half yet.

on 5/25/2016 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Whenever I remove hair from my face eyebrows etc . I get red bumps which I assume our ingrown hairs- ANYWAYS this is awesome because the next day the bump is gone . Its a perfect way for my to exfoliate my skin without having to use those abrasive beads that most cleansers have. I also use it whenever I get whiteheads and I feel it really gets in there and cleans it out . My only "tip" would be don't over use it because it can be strong and you defiantly don't wanna get it in your eyes .

My first thought when I purchased this product (from the internet) was a) how much it smells like dishwashing liquid! (Whomp Whomp). My second thought was about how it had leaked a little through its flip up spout-thing and kinda coated the whole bottle in a slightly sudsy mess. I was apprehensive about using it on my face because of the smell but was pleasantly surprised by the results. I use this cleanser about 2-3 times a week during the warmer months and maybe 1-2 times a week in winter because it can be quite drying. I love that it uses the acid content as an exfoliant and doesn't have any harsh abrasives like micro-beads or ground nut shells because they are just too much for my skin. It does make my skin feel squeaky-clean at times, (usually if I've squirted out too much product or have been washing my face in the shower and have switched off my internal timer because who doesn't like a good face massage) which I'm not overly stoked about but it's nothing a good toner and moisturiser doesn't fix afterwards. I find that a little of this product goes a HUGE way and I struggle to get through a bottle a year which makes up for the price! Overall my skin does look clearer/brighter after using this cleanser, I'm unsure of the long term benefits but I'm willing to persevere since some people have had amazing results. Hopefully I am one of them!

Pros:
-A tiny amount will cleanse my whole face nicely, the bottle will last freaking ages.
-No harsh physical abrasives or exfoliating beads that ruin your skin and the environment.
-Takes off my makeup and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. (I don't use this to remove eye makeup because nobody wants acids in their eyes).
-Possibly is helping with my frown lines- although I can't be sure if it actually is or if it's just wishful thinking.
-Makes my skin feel SUPER soft.
-Cruelty free!!!!!!! (This made me so happy when I found out!)

Cons:
-Smells like dishwashing liquid, not really something I want to put on my face.
-Flip-top spout leaks if the bottle isn't standing up straight, if it falls over you lose a bit of product. Also I find that water leaks into the bottle if it is exposed to the shower directly and makes it far runnier than usual.
-It's easy to be a bit heavy handed when pouring it, especially if water has changed the consistency in the bottle.
-Does have a tendency to leave you feeling 'squeaky-clean' which is not something I like much.
-It's a bit spenny for a cleanser (but it does last ages).

on 2/20/2016 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

skin feels so soft after use!

on 1/29/2016 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is the the main ingredient in this cleanser. I should have paid more attention to the ingredients before I purchased it. I used this cleanser on and off for quite a while with the hopes that it would help with my cystic acne. At first I liked it, it made my skin feel clean and smooth. However, after continued use my skin has become chronically dehydrated, tight, flaky, and overly-sensitive. After doing some research, I realized that I had destroyed my moisture barrier by regularly exposing it to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I have no doubt that this is the culprit because I normally stick to a very gentle and natural skin care routine.