Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,Cocamide DEA,Cocamidopropyl Betaine,Sodium Chloride, Glycolic Acid, Matricaria Extract,Yarrow Extract, St Johns Wort Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sage Extract 5/20/09

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I started using this back in 2011 and while I always experiment, it's something I'll always come back to. I have fairly clear skin. I do get hormonal breakouts every now and then, but nothing major. This cleanser is something I use no more than 3x a week. It's smooths even the slightest bit of texture, leaves my fave feeling super clean. It can be stripping but I immediately follow up with a facial essence and then my toner and moisturizers.

I would suggest this as a stand alone makeup remover. This is more something I use after I oil cleanse and as a final step in makeup remover.

The scent is very spa like in my opinion. But I do understand why people say it smells like dish soap lol

For the price it is a bit of an investment upfront. But it takes me about a year to get through a bottle. A little goes a very long way and in my opinion makes this well worth it's steep price tag

on 8/17/2017 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for about a week now once or twice a day. No reactions or no drying my skin out like some others have stated. I have oily skin but it's also pretty resistant to strong chemicals like retinoids and glycolic acid. It foams up really nicely in my clarisonic and feels super clean! Looks a lot smoother and even just in one week. Highly recommend.

on 8/2/2017 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My skin was dry, dull and discolored. Since introducing this product into my regimen my skin looks a lot brighter and more even. I'm looking great with make up (re. skin texture) and without (re. dark spots and greyish skin). Overall I'm satisfied and plan to try more products from Mario Badescu. Also, considering the quality of the product, I'd expect it to be closer to the $40 range so I'm thrilled to be getting a bargain on great stuff.

on 9/26/2016 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE THIS CLEANSER. I have a ton of post acne scars, and this is slowly helping to remove them. Since I've been using this, some of the acne scars have actually "peeled" off!! This also helps to really clean the skin. LOVE LOVE

on 9/28/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my first week of using the Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser and I've noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin along with my face being less oily than it usually is. I currently have hyperpigmentation from acne and I'm hoping that this product will help me get rid of it. As of right now, I'm only using the cleanser twice a week but I plan on using it three times a week. In December I'll write a second review on my results after three months.

It is now February and I've been using this product for a while now. I love it, even though my scars aren't all completely gone, I've noticed some have went away. I'm going to continue to use this product since it's helped me with the scaring more than any other product I have used in the past.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wanted to like this product really badly due to its glowing reviews yet didn't settle well on my face. My face got dry, irritated, flaked a lot and I gained 11 tiny colourless zits as a result.

BTW, I paid a lot for this even though it's a sample.

MY EXPERIENCE: The first few weeks of using this product felt good. After washing my face with it, it felt fresh & no tightness feeling. Used it along with the Glycolic toner which irritates my skin but I kept using it anyways because I thought it was a normal reaction. As time flies, I realised it was no good continuing using the cleanser as it starts to dry my face badly until there were flakes on the chin and cheek area. The toner worsened it by making my skin irritated as hell and my hyper pigmentation scars got way darker than before! Had to stop using both and avoid all my other cleansers since it was in a bad condition because of both!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After years of sensitive acne covered skin I started using this 2 years ago and it is the only thing that works. I've tried everything and came to the conclusion my skin couldn't handle salicylic acid but simple facial soaps with no acne treatment in them kept my skin clear but didn't prevent breakouts. Although this face wash says to use a few times a week I use it every morning and night and my skin is clear, bright and non oily/dry. I will never use anything else x

on 5/25/2016 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Whenever I remove hair from my face eyebrows etc . I get red bumps which I assume our ingrown hairs- ANYWAYS this is awesome because the next day the bump is gone . Its a perfect way for my to exfoliate my skin without having to use those abrasive beads that most cleansers have. I also use it whenever I get whiteheads and I feel it really gets in there and cleans it out . My only "tip" would be don't over use it because it can be strong and you defiantly don't wanna get it in your eyes .

on 7/19/2016 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Before I started using this my face was okay I got one or two mini pimples, then after a few days of using this daily twice a day, my skin became worst than EVER. I got mini bumps and some cystic acne. It was horrible. It took me a month to figure out this is the culprit. After few days when I stop using this my skin calmed down.
I did not even finish the bottle it's not even half yet.

I use this cleanser when my skin needs TLC. It has helped improve my dull and congested skin and has really smoothed it out. I was drawn to this product because of the natural herbal extracts that are not irritating. My skin has reacted really well to it so far. (I use it around twice a week).