Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,Cocamide DEA,Cocamidopropyl Betaine,Sodium Chloride, Glycolic Acid, Matricaria Extract,Yarrow Extract, St Johns Wort Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sage Extract 5/20/09

on 7/19/2016 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Before I started using this my face was okay I got one or two mini pimples, then after a few days of using this daily twice a day, my skin became worst than EVER. I got mini bumps and some cystic acne. It was horrible. It took me a month to figure out this is the culprit. After few days when I stop using this my skin calmed down.
I did not even finish the bottle it's not even half yet.

on 5/25/2016 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Whenever I remove hair from my face eyebrows etc . I get red bumps which I assume our ingrown hairs- ANYWAYS this is awesome because the next day the bump is gone . Its a perfect way for my to exfoliate my skin without having to use those abrasive beads that most cleansers have. I also use it whenever I get whiteheads and I feel it really gets in there and cleans it out . My only "tip" would be don't over use it because it can be strong and you defiantly don't wanna get it in your eyes .

To Read all 196 Reviews, Login or Join

My first thought when I purchased this product (from the internet) was a) how much it smells like dishwashing liquid! (Whomp Whomp). My second thought was about how it had leaked a little through its flip up spout-thing and kinda coated the whole bottle in a slightly sudsy mess. I was apprehensive about using it on my face because of the smell but was pleasantly surprised by the results. I use this cleanser about 2-3 times a week during the warmer months and maybe 1-2 times a week in winter because it can be quite drying. I love that it uses the acid content as an exfoliant and doesn't have any harsh abrasives like micro-beads or ground nut shells because they are just too much for my skin. It does make my skin feel squeaky-clean at times, (usually if I've squirted out too much product or have been washing my face in the shower and have switched off my internal timer because who doesn't like a good face massage) which I'm not overly stoked about but it's nothing a good toner and moisturiser doesn't fix afterwards. I find that a little of this product goes a HUGE way and I struggle to get through a bottle a year which makes up for the price! Overall my skin does look clearer/brighter after using this cleanser, I'm unsure of the long term benefits but I'm willing to persevere since some people have had amazing results. Hopefully I am one of them!

Pros:
-A tiny amount will cleanse my whole face nicely, the bottle will last freaking ages.
-No harsh physical abrasives or exfoliating beads that ruin your skin and the environment.
-Takes off my makeup and leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. (I don't use this to remove eye makeup because nobody wants acids in their eyes).
-Possibly is helping with my frown lines- although I can't be sure if it actually is or if it's just wishful thinking.
-Makes my skin feel SUPER soft.
-Cruelty free!!!!!!! (This made me so happy when I found out!)

Cons:
-Smells like dishwashing liquid, not really something I want to put on my face.
-Flip-top spout leaks if the bottle isn't standing up straight, if it falls over you lose a bit of product. Also I find that water leaks into the bottle if it is exposed to the shower directly and makes it far runnier than usual.
-It's easy to be a bit heavy handed when pouring it, especially if water has changed the consistency in the bottle.
-Does have a tendency to leave you feeling 'squeaky-clean' which is not something I like much.
-It's a bit spenny for a cleanser (but it does last ages).

on 2/20/2016 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

skin feels so soft after use!

on 1/29/2016 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is the the main ingredient in this cleanser. I should have paid more attention to the ingredients before I purchased it. I used this cleanser on and off for quite a while with the hopes that it would help with my cystic acne. At first I liked it, it made my skin feel clean and smooth. However, after continued use my skin has become chronically dehydrated, tight, flaky, and overly-sensitive. After doing some research, I realized that I had destroyed my moisture barrier by regularly exposing it to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I have no doubt that this is the culprit because I normally stick to a very gentle and natural skin care routine.

This is a wonderful cleanser that exfoliates minus the nasty scrubby bits. I used this when I was suffering from an extremely bad bout of acne about 8 years ago. As the zits were healing, my skin started getting rather dry and flaky and this helped get rid of the flaking skin without irritating my still rather raw skin.

I only use this twice a week, as I did not want to aggravate my sensitive skin and it worked a treat.

The only gripe I ever have with most Mario Badescu products is their packaging. Wish they came in more sturdy packaging.

on 9/14/2015 9:45:00 AM

Blech. Never have I had such a severe reaction to a product.

I used this cleanser for about three days, morning and night. The first day was alright, I did notice a couple of tiny new spots but I used more cleanser to combat them. Anyway, long story short, this stuff broke me out in dozens of tiny rash-like bumps all over my forehead and lower cheeks. They're clearing up with some agressive AF treatment, I've been getting all Braveheart on these guys, but they are the *very* resistant kind.

It was my bad though, I know my skin is sensitive to sulfates, and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is the very first ingredient listed on the bottle. I've just avoided them for so long that I guess this dosage made my skin go haywire. NOTE: it's not the first ingredient listed on MUA, or on Ulta's site, but it DEFINITELY is the first listed on the bottle. I know Mario Badescu has been kinda shady re: being clear about their ingredients, so the more you know, right?

Other than that little issue, I'd say this cleanser is very harsh. My skin can take a lot, especially in the form of chemical exfoliation, but this dried out my skin and burned my eyes like crazy. It did get all my makeup off though without my usual oil/balm pre-cleanse.

on 8/20/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This made my skin feel really smooth right after I rinse it off, which is awesome. Pleasant on the skin since there are so exfoliating beads. The scent is nice and I love how it foams. However, maybe it's just my skin, but the next day I feel like my skin is more red with some bumps. I have super sensitive, red skin, so maybe the product is still too strong. But probably great for everyone else!

on 7/8/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Bought a mini of this for my gym bag to replace my Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash, which I do not care for. Others find this Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser to be too harsh for daily use, but I have very oily skin and it isn't too harsh for daily use for me.

I love the packaging because I think it will fit perfectly in my Japonesque travel valet, it seems more spill-proof than the Body Shop bottles, which leak. Will repurchase.

on 7/2/2015 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Love love love. Ever since I started using this (maybe 3 weeks ago?), my skin, which usually hosts small pimples and bumps at any time, has really cleared up. I'm not even going to give this pros and cons because i can't think of any cons. Leaves your face feeling fresh, evens complexion, and is great for oily/acne-prone skin!