Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,Cocamide DEA,Cocamidopropyl Betaine,Sodium Chloride, Glycolic Acid, Matricaria Extract,Yarrow Extract, St Johns Wort Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sage Extract 5/20/09

This is one of the worst skincare products I have ever used. I gave it a shot originally because of my love for the drying lotion spot treatment of the same brand, but I shouldn’t have. This RAVAGED my skin. My skin is slightly sensitive, and the reaction was terrible - tiny bumps all over my face, intense dryness and irritation and stinging when applying other products. Makeup only emphasized it and made me look much older with all of the texture on my skin.
All of this after just 2 uses. Would NOT recommend to anyone.

on 2/25/2018 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I buy directly from MBadescu site. I can vouch for many things for this product (I'm paranoid they'll stop making this cleanser!). At the time of my posting, 2/2018, the cost is $16.00/6 fl. oz. I will continue to buy this product over and over but as with all of Badescu products, a little goes a long way. That's the first good thing. Very cost effective. I purchase it every 2 years. I have very sensitive skin. I have my entire life. I can use the glycolic cleanser every few days with only the best of clean glowing skin as a result, without any hint of irritation. I try and do a mask with it every Sunday. I put it on to my dry face, rub and rub until a white foam appears and then leave it on for about 3-5 mins. It totally gets rid of the flakiness I acquire through the week. I have noticed after turning 55, my skin decided to start getting drier and drier. No matter what I did to try and keep this from happening. I could rub my facial skin lightly with my finger, on the side of my cheek and get all kinds of skin to flake off despite the use of my Clarisonic and skinceutical facial products. Nothing seemed to prevent this from happening until I started using this glycolic cleanser. Thank goodness as it was creeping me out more and more each time I did it. Perhaps I'm the only female on earth who insists on looking at my skin with a 20x magnifying mirror but I was finding all sorts of things (dry skin flakes - a LOT of them, deeper wrinkles, appearance of bumps with white which weren't white or black heads. They were just these pinpoint areas of white, that I could see with the magnifying mirror.) My husband said he couldn't see what I was talking about but what does he know. He wasn't using a magnifying glass to look at my skin! Anyway, since using the glycolic acid cleansing foaming cleanser, my face no longer has these areas. I love this cleanser. I'm glad I found something so inexpensive to address the issues I've been feeling and seeing. I use different moisturizers based on the dryness of where I live. I also do moisturizing masks during the summer months here in AZ. Heck, even a few times during the winter months because the house heater can zap the moisture from the air in the house.
All I can say is this is a very good product. BTW, I never had acne therefore have no scarring so I can not vouch for what it is able to do for acne prone skin. I can vouch for what it can do for a gal who gets younger everyday and wants to continue looking that way!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My current favorite cleanser. Got this in a sample size but will get the full when I run out. I have sensitive, combo skin prone to breakouts during that time of the month and also clog prone. My skin loves glycolic acid and I read it helps prevent clogged pores. This is one of the few cleansers that actually feels like its getting deep into the pores and not just sitting on the surface. It doesn't make my face feel dry. I swear my redness goes down after using it and my pores look smaller. I massage it in for at least 30 seconds. I am really loving all the Mario Badescu products I have tried, they really work for my skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I started using this back in 2011 and while I always experiment, it's something I'll always come back to. I have fairly clear skin. I do get hormonal breakouts every now and then, but nothing major. This cleanser is something I use no more than 3x a week. It's smooths even the slightest bit of texture, leaves my fave feeling super clean. It can be stripping but I immediately follow up with a facial essence and then my toner and moisturizers.

I would not suggest this as a stand alone makeup remover. This is more something I use after I oil cleanse and as a final step in makeup remover.

The scent is very spa like in my opinion. But I do understand why people say it smells like dish soap lol

For the price it is a bit of an investment upfront. But it takes me about a year to get through a bottle. A little goes a very long way and in my opinion makes this well worth it's steep price tag

on 8/17/2017 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for about a week now once or twice a day. No reactions or no drying my skin out like some others have stated. I have oily skin but it's also pretty resistant to strong chemicals like retinoids and glycolic acid. It foams up really nicely in my clarisonic and feels super clean! Looks a lot smoother and even just in one week. Highly recommend.

on 8/2/2017 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My skin was dry, dull and discolored. Since introducing this product into my regimen my skin looks a lot brighter and more even. I'm looking great with make up (re. skin texture) and without (re. dark spots and greyish skin). Overall I'm satisfied and plan to try more products from Mario Badescu. Also, considering the quality of the product, I'd expect it to be closer to the $40 range so I'm thrilled to be getting a bargain on great stuff.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wanted to like this product really badly due to its glowing reviews yet didn't settle well on my face. My face got dry, irritated, flaked a lot and I gained 11 tiny colourless zits as a result.

BTW, I paid a lot for this even though it's a sample.

MY EXPERIENCE: The first few weeks of using this product felt good. After washing my face with it, it felt fresh & no tightness feeling. Used it along with the Glycolic toner which irritates my skin but I kept using it anyways because I thought it was a normal reaction. As time flies, I realised it was no good continuing using the cleanser as it starts to dry my face badly until there were flakes on the chin and cheek area. The toner worsened it by making my skin irritated as hell and my hyper pigmentation scars got way darker than before! Had to stop using both and avoid all my other cleansers since it was in a bad condition because of both!

on 9/28/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my first week of using the Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser and I've noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin along with my face being less oily than it usually is. I currently have hyperpigmentation from acne and I'm hoping that this product will help me get rid of it. As of right now, I'm only using the cleanser twice a week but I plan on using it three times a week. In December I'll write a second review on my results after three months.

It is now February and I've been using this product for a while now. I love it, even though my scars aren't all completely gone, I've noticed some have went away. I'm going to continue to use this product since it's helped me with the scaring more than any other product I have used in the past.

on 9/26/2016 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE THIS CLEANSER. I have a ton of post acne scars, and this is slowly helping to remove them. Since I've been using this, some of the acne scars have actually "peeled" off!! This also helps to really clean the skin. LOVE LOVE

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After years of sensitive acne covered skin I started using this 2 years ago and it is the only thing that works. I've tried everything and came to the conclusion my skin couldn't handle salicylic acid but simple facial soaps with no acne treatment in them kept my skin clear but didn't prevent breakouts. Although this face wash says to use a few times a week I use it every morning and night and my skin is clear, bright and non oily/dry. I will never use anything else x