2.9

Reviews

1.0

8 months ago

Hard to spread...sticky foundation

About reviewer (70 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlack

3.0

9 months ago

Even finish was just ok for me. I had issues with texture and mixed it with strobe cream to make it look more natural and easier to spread without clinging on the skin. This way coverage was rather light though. Longevity depended on the conditions but was rather adequate most of the time. Used it up and my skin didn't react at all to the lavender oil but wasn't anything special in the end.

About reviewer (952 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

This is a discontinued foundation and a very late find for me. I usually wear foundations in the lightest shades such as "porcelain" or "cool ivory" but surprisingly, 3.25 "cool beige" is my perfect match. I love this formula so much! It looks healthy, dewy and natural while giving an even finish. It does not dry out my skin or emphasize any dry spots. I do not think that this is a good foundation for oily skin. If you do not set it, it looks very dewy and it does not set very well even on dry skin like mine. You can always feel it there when you touch your face. For me, that is a small price to pay for a healthy glow- I do not like a matte finish. I set it with a mist and not powder so that it does not get matte. This is a very build-able foundation but it does not give you that "all things covered" look. It leans more on the natural coverage side. I do think this foundation is quite expensive, fortunately I bought it as it was on sale and think about stocking before it is completely sold out everywhere since it is discontinued. I do think it will last for quite a long time because it is quite juicy and it spreads out nicely even if you do one pump. I do love the bottle and the pump, I like expensive makeup to feel expensive when I use it too and this bottle does that for me. The pump squirts out a reasonable amount, which I like. P.S. I do not smell any lavender in this foundation unlike many people who wear this.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

Wow, this foundation far exceeded my expectations. This gives you the most perfect, light, airbrushed looking, smooth complexion. It's neither matte nor excessively dewy - the finish is more of a satin imparting a beautiful glow (but not a fake kind of glow like a lot of formulas nowadays). You can still see your skin underneath so it doesn't look cakey or overdone at all but everything is all blurred out and looks smooth. I didn't need a primer with this as I do with many other foundations. It's also very pigmented so a little goes a long, long way. The packaging may look like a simple glass pump bottle and it is but it's so much more luxurious than many other other foundations which I've purchased at an even higher price pump. The glass feels solidly hefty in your hand, the pump disperses just the right amount - neither too much nor too little and it doesn't leak at all. The cap goes on very solidly as well. Foundation is worth every penny. The one downside is that I took a chance and ordered online and the color was far too light for me. I would suggest going to a store and getting color matched first. p.s. Bobbi Brown's foundation brush is nice too - very soft but I like the finish better with the Beauty Blender. However the foundation brush is GREAT for a light layer of loose powder.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

Love this foundation. Great color match, medium but feels weightless and lasts all day without primer. But...must moisturize first. Natural finish, not matte not dewy.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2.0

3 years ago

I purchased this product as a switch up to my usual which is the Bobbi brown skin foundation ( I needed something that lasted longer), my mistake. I quickly switched back to my old faithful skin foundation. Pros : - amazing lavender scent - readily available - packaging is elegant - convenient pump dispenser - great shade selection - relatively long lasting - relatively good coverage Cons : - expensive - mousse like texture that makes buffing And blending difficult - has a sticky feel on face - dries quick so hard to blend - oxidizes - clings to your face; doesn't form a smooth Coverage - looks ashy later on in the day - may cause you to break out. I personally had fine bumps forming, something like a reaction, I usually don't have bumps. I won't be re-purchasing. If anything, I am re-turning.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

3 years ago

This is by far the worst foundation I have ever tried and a total waste of money. The consistency is somehow "rubberish", it doesn't spread nicely at all and it's very hard to apply. I tried using my fingers, foundation brush and a beauty blender... none of it worked. The foundation sits on the skin and emphasizes and sticks to every single thing on the face - from the tiniest bump or a mark, to the smallest of hairs or dry parts on the skin. It emphasizes all the bad things which it was suppose to hide and cover. And speaking of - coverage is next to nothing and the staying power and lasting is none existent. I have normal skin, I get a bit shiny on my T-zone but after applying this foundation, my face is as oil slick in an hour. I really hate this foundation. Do not buy this. Ever.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2.0

3 years ago

I never liked Bobbi Brown cosmetics , but I decided to give it one more shot. I am very pale and was looking for a decent foundation. Whenever I try on makeup when I am out they usually take off my makeup I have on at that time so while applying it , it usually does not look as good , because all my moisturizer and primer is wiped off. When I got back to my house I tested it out and it showed all my imperfections.... literally. Why would you spend $50 to do that? No thanks Ill be looking elsewhere No more Bobbi Brown for me. Again disappointed.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Have used for 3 years. My go to foundation when I need my makeup to look good all day long in the office. I feel like BB made this for me. Recently had my makeup professionally done and MU artist used this instead of her foundation as she saw how well it worked with my skin. I chose this after spending a few hours at Nordstrom where I also tried a full face of Chanel and Lancôme foundations. This looked natural and feels like my skin.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I have been using this foundation three days now and i really like it. It comes in a very good glass pump bottle. I was matched to 2.5 warm sand shade which is perfect for my skin, I have a light yellowish tone skin. This foundation really looks like skin. I use a brush to apply it and I think its a medium cover foundation. it looks really good Its as if i dont have anything on. It doesnt look cakey or powdery , it does not oxydize even over my spf 30 day cream. What really amazed me though is that it does not move....this is really LONG LASTING. stays put. I dont even have to use powder. I think its the only foundation up to now that lasted on my compo skin all day long without needing any touch up.My only complaint is that it has lavender oil in it so i cant use it around my eyes and it can be a bit pricey. But its worth it.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral