St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.8

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 2/20/2017 9:19:00 PM

The only fake tan I use and ever will use. The only down side is - when it comes to finding it off - it really isn't as dark as you thought it would be (me anyway). But never the less it is still dark. And doesn't go on patchy for me. I do get comments from my partner that it doesn't smell great when I first put it on but hey it's worth it lol. Without this I am just a pale milk bottle x

on 6/24/2016 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used St. Tropez about 5 years ago with good results. I used a lotion not the mouse. I usually get a spray tan applied but thought I would try this on my own. The tan doesn't look streaky or orange but does smell and I have a rash all over my body from head to toe. I had a major reaction to this. I don't have sensitive skin and have used self tanners in the past with no reaction. I am taking this back.

on 2/14/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have tried many a fake tan. This is my HG because 1) it looks natural 2) the mousse is easy to apply and dries fast, a trick someone taught be is using a hair dryer to dry it even more quickly 3) the mousse being coloured makes it easy to determine where you need to put it/blend 4) it is dark but it doesn't have that horrible white patch look that most of the darker fake tans give you after a few days when it wears off 5) it is a decently dark shade (I'd prefer it even darker) if applied twice in the one session - I have spent too much time applying fake tans that you can't see the next morning, this one does the job. After using this for something line 5+ years, I have found the following to be great ways to manage it on an ongoing basis 1) when applying, dab moisturiser on your knees and elbows to help blend it in, 2) also dab moisturiser around around the 'meeting areas' ie between where you fake tan and where you don't for example under your wrists and on top of your hands to blend in the the fake tanned area to the non fake tanned area, 3) moisturise properly daily or twice daily after application as it will feel dry the morning after 4) wear full length pyjamas and pyjama top when tanning to not stain you sheets 5) use two fake tan gloves, one for each hand, I prefer the modelco ones as they soak up less product and are softer, and blend with both gloved hands to get it done faster 5) when showering daily, use one of those exfoliating gloves, not to exfoliate all that hard, but to wash generally, it means the fake tan is lightly washed off as it dates without that extreme patchiness. I find if I tan every 4 days or so using the above I appear year around tanned. Cons: sleeping in it can be a nuisance, having dry skin the next morning is uncomfortable til you wash, the slightly green shade makes it difficult to wear it out, it's an overnighter. Please be aware that fake tan comes off when you swim! So if you are going to the trouble of doing this for your holiday and spend ages in the pool or ocean be aware it will fade off pretty quickly, especially in chlorinated water.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

As I have never not been living on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean .. I have never not had a deep dark tan!

When I moved back home to Canada in Sept of 2014 my tan had since faded. While browsing Sephora the other day I came across the St Tropez Dark Bronzing Mousse and decided to give it a try to see if I could get my deep dark tan back. I bought the glove ( highly recommended ) and went on my merry way to give it a try!

I showered and exfoliated as soon as I got home and applied a light layer of moisturizer to my elbows, knees and ankles. I was so shocked when I put this stuff on! It was tinted green .... panicked and came to learn that that is normal and it is just the colour guard that washes off. The smell at first was a light floral scent, but as time went on the smell became very self tannery. I feel this tanning lotion does take some time to dry and will rub off on your clothes. I waited about 20 mins to put my clothes back on and put on an old t-shirt and leggings, went to bed and woke up the next morning to be shocked at the colour development! Jumped in the shower and was so happy to see the muddy green colour come off only to reveal a beautiful "just got back from the beach tan". Not as dark as I was hoping, but I will keep applying every few days and Im sure it will build. I didnt not find this product patchy at all! Mind you this was my biggest fear so I probably spent more time than normal making sure to rub it all in!

Now for the cons: the smell and cost. In Toronto it came to about 60$ with taxes. But, not bad if you think of how much a spray tan costs .. and you will get multiple uses from the bottle. Would definitely repurchase when I run out!

As you wash your hands more than other other body part the tan does fade very fast on your hands ... for this reason it has made the tan around my write very patchy! nothing too noticeable, and I feel when you re apply it will even it out.

Other than those 2 cons I have nothing bad to say about this product! It left my skin smooth and beautifully tanned. Only thing I woud do differently is not put this on my face! I feel like my face absorbed it too quickly which in turn made my face a little darker than the rest of my body! but nothing a little lighter foundation didnt fix. I would use their daily gradual face tanner next time!

Hope this review helped :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG DAYTIME fake tan! This will not give you a 'I just spent 5 days in the Bahamas' dark tan, unless you are already quite dark to begin with. This is a very green based natural looking fake tan. I wear this for day events where I want to look tan, but flawless in natural daylight, such as festivals. I use Bondi Sands foam in dark for clubbing and night time events as it's super dark, and therefore doesn't look too natural in daylight. If you are after a nice, green based natural looking tan this is for you!

on 8/15/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really cant understand the rave reviews on this!! In all my years of constant fake tanning ive never used one so awful. Ive tried every one out there. The original st tropez mousse is good. But this omg.. The colour isnt even dark its this greeny strange colour- its apparently suppose to be green so that when u wash off the guide colour a nice deep natural tan is left. Just no. Most of it washes away. U cant do two layers (like i do with all other tans) as it wont stick in just goes odd. It goes on blotchy and patchy and is VERY sticky even half hour after tanning, the only ok thing is it doesnt smell bad as some. Ive tried everything to try to make this work, but its going in the bin. this cost me £38 and i MUCHHH prefer St Moriz dark mousse which is darker, a nicer colour, is never sticky even 5mins after applying, lasts ages, and only costs £4!!!

on 5/11/2013 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Great product, great colour. Performs just as well as the regular mouse but looks darker going on. The tan itself is darker than the original but still looks beautiful, brown and natural. this is not orange at all! It develops very quickly and doesnt smell too strong either. Im really loving this one and highly recommend it. I have reviewed a few tanning products so check out my pther reviews for reference. St tropez is definitely my favourite so far

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I gave this product a 4 because as far as self tanners go, it's probably the best I've ever used. I tan easily, but after a melanoma scare last summer, I avoid the sun and tanning beds. I think this stuff is better than the regular formula... but I'd advise that if you have fair skin, you should probably just stick to the original. It does turn your skin green upon application, but if you rub it in enough and let it dry, it will appear as though you just got a spray tan (almost a dirty appearance). This is how I applied: I exfoliated and shaved, then put on regular body lotion. I waited an hour for my skin to calm down and completely dry. Then I applied the product with the applicator mitt (I've used the original mousse without the mitt and it's seriously a mess. Just give in and spend the $6 on the mitt-- you've already spent $40 on the mousse anyway, might as well make it worth your while). The dark green tint makes it a lot easier to apply than the other formula, and I disagree with some who say it dries quicker than the original-- I think it's about the same. After application, I laid down completely naked (but I'm 39 weeks pregnant so it was NOT SEXY AT ALL) for 2 hours before getting dressed (oh, also, lay a towel down before you lay down. This stuff will feel sticky for the first hour or so). Then I got dressed and went to bed. Wear clothing that you don't care about, especially in the summer, if you sweat in your sleep. In the morning, I took a shower. I used body wash that was not exfoliating and did not use a loofah-- just my hands. I noticed a couple of red bumps on one of my arms, but I'm honestly not sure if it's from the product or not, because I would assume if I had some kind of reaction to it, it'd be all over my body. Then I applied regular body lotion. THE VERDICT: Honestly, I think the next time I use this product I'm going to put on a double layer (that is, after the 2 hour dry time, I'll put on another coat and let it dry for another 2 hours) and see if I have different results. I'm a little darker, definitely darker than what the original formula gives me, but I'm not so sure anyone would notice. The color I got from this product would be great for fall/winter, when I'm looking for a subtle glow. This is the first self tanner that's actually given me results-- I've used the Alpha Beta glow pads, Jergens Natural Glow, and the original St Tropez mousse. It'd probably give amazing results to someone with lighter skin. Oh, and, there's definitely no smell, which is miraculous in and of itself (I mean, you have to trust the pregnant woman with the heightened sense of smell on this one). Gave it a 2 for packaging quality just because the original mousse didn't last that long, but this is definitely cheaper than getting spray tans every 2 weeks.