St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.9

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

on 7/22/2016 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've bought three bottles of this stuff. LOVE everything about it. It is a very forgiving tanner imo meaning I can pretty much slap it on and it'll turn out ok. I do use the St Tropez mitt to apply. Makes me about two shades darker in one application. It does fade in about 3-4 days but it does so evenly for me. $42 but I buy it when I have a 20% off coupon at beauty brands. I will always use this tanner as it's the best out there and well worth every penny.

on 6/24/2016 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used St. Tropez about 5 years ago with good results. I used a lotion not the mouse. I usually get a spray tan applied but thought I would try this on my own. The tan doesn't look streaky or orange but does smell and I have a rash all over my body from head to toe. I had a major reaction to this. I don't have sensitive skin and have used self tanners in the past with no reaction. I am taking this back.

To Read all 52 Reviews, Login or Join

Lets start this by me saying I'm a serial spray tanner and ghostly white naturally. I have tried pretty much every diy fake tan except St. Tropez (mousse, cream, spray, you name it) on the market and always believed them to be terrible. In one way or another they always failed and not once were they ever as dark or as even as a salon tan. They usually only last a day or two and then I look like I have a skin disease. I bought this the other day desperately hoping that after all the reviews this would be the saviour as I'm poor and can't keep going to salons. I tried it with my mitt after moisturising hands and knees. It smells, you must apply it fast but it remains tacky for a while. It does apply relatively evenly however you wouldn't be able to walk outside with this (scary). It came out perfect. Dark natural brown and even. My hands look better with this than from the salon (I moisturised them and only used the residue on the mitt and washed hands after two hours so they wouldn't go too dark). However, I didn't moisturise my feet with a barrier cream and they came out oompa loompa (but my fault- not products). Other than my ridiculous feet, it was perfect and I'm never going to a salon again. Its also lasted three days perfectly without a patch although I use a gentle soap and heavily moisturise.

on 5/17/2016 4:19:00 PM

I am SO pale. I use 2 coats and sleep and then shower when I wake up. This makes me look like I got back from a tropical vacation! Mine lasts about a week and then I reapply. Will definitely repurchase

on 2/14/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have tried many a fake tan. This is my HG because 1) it looks natural 2) the mousse is easy to apply and dries fast, a trick someone taught be is using a hair dryer to dry it even more quickly 3) the mousse being coloured makes it easy to determine where you need to put it/blend 4) it is dark but it doesn't have that horrible white patch look that most of the darker fake tans give you after a few days when it wears off 5) it is a decently dark shade (I'd prefer it even darker) if applied twice in the one session - I have spent too much time applying fake tans that you can't see the next morning, this one does the job. After using this for something line 5+ years, I have found the following to be great ways to manage it on an ongoing basis 1) when applying, dab moisturiser on your knees and elbows to help blend it in, 2) also dab moisturiser around around the 'meeting areas' ie between where you fake tan and where you don't for example under your wrists and on top of your hands to blend in the the fake tanned area to the non fake tanned area, 3) moisturise properly daily or twice daily after application as it will feel dry the morning after 4) wear full length pyjamas and pyjama top when tanning to not stain you sheets 5) use two fake tan gloves, one for each hand, I prefer the modelco ones as they soak up less product and are softer, and blend with both gloved hands to get it done faster 5) when showering daily, use one of those exfoliating gloves, not to exfoliate all that hard, but to wash generally, it means the fake tan is lightly washed off as it dates without that extreme patchiness. I find if I tan every 4 days or so using the above I appear year around tanned. Cons: sleeping in it can be a nuisance, having dry skin the next morning is uncomfortable til you wash, the slightly green shade makes it difficult to wear it out, it's an overnighter. Please be aware that fake tan comes off when you swim! So if you are going to the trouble of doing this for your holiday and spend ages in the pool or ocean be aware it will fade off pretty quickly, especially in chlorinated water.

I have been using st tropez dark for at least 3-4 years now. When I notice I'm getting low I go out and purchase several bottles at a time to ensure I don't run out. This stuff is awesome! I am naturally incredibly pale, like a piece of paper. In Mac I'm probably about an N3, which if you see it looks like it couldn't possibly suit anyone because it's so pale and ashy. I am also blonde so when I am not tanned and with my very light hair, I resemble a plate of potatoes. Sooo washed out and pale. St tropez dark is my secret! It takes me to an nc20 skintone which to many is very pale but I actually just look like a normal, naturally fair person (instead of being pale white)! A lot of reviews I've read say that this product leaves a green tint which I do not understand. I am PALE and I can see a hint of green when I first apply before bed, but in the morning after showering off it reveals a warm toned glow. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because it doesn't last very long on me. The loving tan ultra dark gets me a little darker and lasts longer, however it doesn't wear off as nicely. The st tropez dark may not last more than about 3 days on me, but it wears off very naturally and evenly, which is important when my skin underneath is so pale that other fake tans (like the loving tan) wear off in a scaly and ugly way. Overall this tan is fabulous and I highly recommend it!

Horrible. I applied this last night. The green color is startling to say the least. Glad I had planned to do it just before bed. I washed it off this morning and I swear I still have a green tinge. I don't know how they can call this product "dark". I've been using the Express Bronzing Mousse and it comes out darker than this in only 3 hours, with a much nicer result. So disappointed with this product.

I used to love it until I came across LovingTan. I wouldn't buy this in the future.

Cons:
-I have sensitive skin, so for 2 days after I would be madly scratching little bumps all over my body.
-The smell wasn't that nice. Especially the first day of your tan, if you sweat on a hot day the tan smell emanating from your body is overpowering.
-The guide colour looks quite patchy while you are baking so I never wanted to wear it out until washed off - in saying that, when it was washed off I was no longer patchy.
- When getting close to its last days it would become very patchy

Pros:
-Good colour

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This stuff definitely turned me dark! But the color.. It looked orange in certain lighting/pictures. I have olive skin, so I have to be very careful with the slightest bit of an orange tint (i'll look jersey shore)

I loved the application though. Smell wasn't bad. You have to be careful not to get any water on you during those first 8 hours. It faded great, lasted a long time.. Yea, the only thing that was off was the color.

on 5/6/2015 9:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

First, the smell is awful and I dread putting this stuff on because of it. In addition, the smell does not leave until like 2 days after even if you shower the morning after. It also is very sticky and during the summer when its hot and humid this is not the stuff I want to be putting on my skin. However, the color is amazing. It has a beautiful olive green color and it is dark- unlike the original St Tropez. I would actually sit through a night of headache (aka the smell) for the color. However, there are other brands that offer similar color to this without the smell and the price like Tarte or Vita Liberatas self tanner.