St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.9

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Comparable to the bondi sands fake tanner, more accessible as I can buy this at the drugstore. Absolutely love the green based tan it complements my olive skin tone. Looks natural and not to smelly. Takes about 30 mins to dry and it’s not streaky if applied with a tanning mitt. Love this tan!!! My go-to when I’m feeling like looking less pale.

on 9/20/2017 11:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I will buy this product again, not because it's THAT good, rather because there are few good self tan products out there (in my opinoin).

It does the job. I like to have a pretty dark tan and I would say that this is dark enough, and that's hard to find. It works fine on my face.

The downside is that it fades horribly. I'm always blotchy within 5 days. And it takes forever to dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought it at Marshalls for less than $10 but the real price is not worth it to me. It isn't actually "dark" at all but it does give you a pretty sunkissed color. Overall, it didn't break my face out and it did its job so I would repurchase, AT MARSHALLS

on 2/20/2017 9:19:00 PM

The only fake tan I use and ever will use. The only down side is - when it comes to finding it off - it really isn't as dark as you thought it would be (me anyway). But never the less it is still dark. And doesn't go on patchy for me. I do get comments from my partner that it doesn't smell great when I first put it on but hey it's worth it lol. Without this I am just a pale milk bottle x

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This tanner is pretty disappointing to me, I would pick my Bondi Sands or Loving Tan over this in a heartbeat.

Firstly, it is not that dark. I like to be pretty tan and this is just not that dark at all, applying more product doesn't do too much for the colour either so it's not really a win no matter how I tried to make it work.

Secondly, the pump on the bottle I have (and I don't know how common this is) leaked product out around it and I would always end up with stained finger tips which I used to pump it out. I had to sanitise the pump to make it stop getting everywhere. I don't know how well that worked as I ditched the product shortly after so I don't know if it still would do it.

But those two points aside, I gave this 4 stars because although I know it's not well suited to what I want I can admit the product generally is very good. The colour is nice and olive, the tan stays on for a good week easily, it absorbs in to the skin well and doesn't leave messy streaks or anything, smells good for fake tanner and so on. For me personally it is not what I am looking for so I won't be buying it again, but for anyone who wants a medium tanner that is easy to apply and stays on well without maintenance this is definitely a good option. For the price point I was a bit disappointed by it, as it is one of the more expensive at home tanners available and I did think I would love it a lot more but hey it's a great product it's just worth the price for me!

This is such a good product, it never comes out streaky even when I rush through it, takes me a max of 10 min to apply and can shower 2 hours later and it still looks pretty dark and keeps getting darker throughout the day/night, it looks natural and the green tint on the mousse keeps it from being orange

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I have tried many different self tanners and this is my favorite one so far, unless I find a self tanner that performs the same but is darker. For one it is super easy to apply and the tan looks so real.
Pros:
Lasts me 5 days
Beautiful tan
Doesn't smell terrible
Has a guard

Cons:
It is super sticky during the 8 hours of development
Doesn't fade well. (blotchy after the 5th day)
I have to apply two layers to make the tan dark

on 7/22/2016 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've bought three bottles of this stuff. LOVE everything about it. It is a very forgiving tanner imo meaning I can pretty much slap it on and it'll turn out ok. I do use the St Tropez mitt to apply. Makes me about two shades darker in one application. It does fade in about 3-4 days but it does so evenly for me. $42 but I buy it when I have a 20% off coupon at beauty brands. I will always use this tanner as it's the best out there and well worth every penny.

on 6/24/2016 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used St. Tropez about 5 years ago with good results. I used a lotion not the mouse. I usually get a spray tan applied but thought I would try this on my own. The tan doesn't look streaky or orange but does smell and I have a rash all over my body from head to toe. I had a major reaction to this. I don't have sensitive skin and have used self tanners in the past with no reaction. I am taking this back.

Lets start this by me saying I'm a serial spray tanner and ghostly white naturally. I have tried pretty much every diy fake tan except St. Tropez (mousse, cream, spray, you name it) on the market and always believed them to be terrible. In one way or another they always failed and not once were they ever as dark or as even as a salon tan. They usually only last a day or two and then I look like I have a skin disease. I bought this the other day desperately hoping that after all the reviews this would be the saviour as I'm poor and can't keep going to salons. I tried it with my mitt after moisturising hands and knees. It smells, you must apply it fast but it remains tacky for a while. It does apply relatively evenly however you wouldn't be able to walk outside with this (scary). It came out perfect. Dark natural brown and even. My hands look better with this than from the salon (I moisturised them and only used the residue on the mitt and washed hands after two hours so they wouldn't go too dark). However, I didn't moisturise my feet with a barrier cream and they came out oompa loompa (but my fault- not products). Other than my ridiculous feet, it was perfect and I'm never going to a salon again. Its also lasted three days perfectly without a patch although I use a gentle soap and heavily moisturise.