St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by skin type : Combination
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

3.8

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This self-tanner is so natural looking, you'll never look orange. It's easy to apply (with a mitt!), dries quickly, and doesn't bleed onto clothes or sheets. It looks green and dirty when you apply it to your skin, but it absorbs overnight into a nice, dark glow. The only issue I have is the application to hands and feet. It should be done last with residual mousse left on the mitt and rinsed off. It's a bit pricey but definitely worth it. I've repurchased it twice. It's much better than the Original (too light) and Express (not always natural looking).

on 2/20/2017 9:19:00 PM

The only fake tan I use and ever will use. The only down side is - when it comes to finding it off - it really isn't as dark as you thought it would be (me anyway). But never the less it is still dark. And doesn't go on patchy for me. I do get comments from my partner that it doesn't smell great when I first put it on but hey it's worth it lol. Without this I am just a pale milk bottle x

This is such a good product, it never comes out streaky even when I rush through it, takes me a max of 10 min to apply and can shower 2 hours later and it still looks pretty dark and keeps getting darker throughout the day/night, it looks natural and the green tint on the mousse keeps it from being orange

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I have tried many different self tanners and this is my favorite one so far, unless I find a self tanner that performs the same but is darker. For one it is super easy to apply and the tan looks so real.
Pros:
Lasts me 5 days
Beautiful tan
Doesn't smell terrible
Has a guard

Cons:
It is super sticky during the 8 hours of development
Doesn't fade well. (blotchy after the 5th day)
I have to apply two layers to make the tan dark

I have been using st tropez dark for at least 3-4 years now. When I notice I'm getting low I go out and purchase several bottles at a time to ensure I don't run out. This stuff is awesome! I am naturally incredibly pale, like a piece of paper. In Mac I'm probably about an N3, which if you see it looks like it couldn't possibly suit anyone because it's so pale and ashy. I am also blonde so when I am not tanned and with my very light hair, I resemble a plate of potatoes. Sooo washed out and pale. St tropez dark is my secret! It takes me to an nc20 skintone which to many is very pale but I actually just look like a normal, naturally fair person (instead of being pale white)! A lot of reviews I've read say that this product leaves a green tint which I do not understand. I am PALE and I can see a hint of green when I first apply before bed, but in the morning after showering off it reveals a warm toned glow. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because it doesn't last very long on me. The loving tan ultra dark gets me a little darker and lasts longer, however it doesn't wear off as nicely. The st tropez dark may not last more than about 3 days on me, but it wears off very naturally and evenly, which is important when my skin underneath is so pale that other fake tans (like the loving tan) wear off in a scaly and ugly way. Overall this tan is fabulous and I highly recommend it!

Horrible. I applied this last night. The green color is startling to say the least. Glad I had planned to do it just before bed. I washed it off this morning and I swear I still have a green tinge. I don't know how they can call this product "dark". I've been using the Express Bronzing Mousse and it comes out darker than this in only 3 hours, with a much nicer result. So disappointed with this product.

I used to love it until I came across LovingTan. I wouldn't buy this in the future.

Cons:
-I have sensitive skin, so for 2 days after I would be madly scratching little bumps all over my body.
-The smell wasn't that nice. Especially the first day of your tan, if you sweat on a hot day the tan smell emanating from your body is overpowering.
-The guide colour looks quite patchy while you are baking so I never wanted to wear it out until washed off - in saying that, when it was washed off I was no longer patchy.
- When getting close to its last days it would become very patchy

Pros:
-Good colour

There are a lot of pros with this self tanner, but I'm sorry, the cons really do beat the pros!

CONS:
First thing - this has a very strong 'guide color'. When I wake up in the morning it does look very very dark but not in the most flattering way, you can defintely tell it's a bit greenish. When I'm off to take my
shower, I would say 60% of this color is gone. To me it looks like any light fake tan.

And second - this is veeeery prone to getting blotchy. When it's drying I have to be so careful not to get one single water drop on it or either it will make a little white dot. And one tip, do not go out with this without showering off the guide color! I did once and I had washed my face, and you could tell so hard that some water had run down my neck, aaaawful!

You also have to moisturize your skin AT LEAST one time a day or it will start to crack up looking all funky around your elbows, wrists and hands. This has also stained my clothes even after I've washed them, leaving it looking a little bit greeny or pink.

The PROS? I like the scent, I like how easy it is to apply and that you can really see if you have missed a spot. I like that it really does make me look extra dark, and for an evening out when the light is not so bright it is perfect. And for me this price is ok.

Would I buy this again though? No. I want something that stays dark and that isn't so easily patchy. I will keep looking for my perfect self tanner!

on 10/7/2014 2:25:00 AM

I really like this self tanner. It's easy to apply and doesn't streak. I find it quite a bit darker than the original which means it needs less layers to achieve the desired colour. It's also green based so it doesn't turn out orange.
The reason why I wouldn't give it 5 stars is because it fades quickly. Once I've showered the tan becomes much lighter. If it stayed as dark as when first applied it would be perfect. This might not be an issue for you, but I like my tan quite dark.
Like most self tanners, it can come off a bit patchy, so remember to moisturize! It's not ridiculously expensive when you consider the price of a spray tan at a salon, but it's more than I'd like to pay for self tanner.
Overall, It's definitely one of the better self tanners I've used, and I've used a lot :)

I used the regular St. Tropez self tanning mousse for many years and LOVE it. With that said, I just tried the "Dark" formula last night for the first time and I'm blown away!

When I first applied the tanner it was a hideous green/brown shade. However, once I let it dry and set overnight I woke up to a much darker complexion, albeit it being a bit more on the orange side. Once I took a shower, I was fascinated to see that the color developed into a dark natural looking tan---the orange shade disappeared and I was left with a golden brown complexion. In comparison to the original formula, I would've had to apply it 2-3x to develop the color that I did with the darker formula. I cannot comment on how long the color lasts since I've only applied it last night, however I WILL report back in about a week, or so.

All-in-all, I'd highly recommend this....especially for someone that's looking for a dark natural tan once the green/brown solution has set and developed (8+ hours).

Pros:
-intense dark golden tan in just one use
-barely noticeable DHA ("self tanner") smell
-less product needed to achieve desired color
-easy to blend (but dries very quickly)
-tinted so it minimizes any chance of streaks or missed spots
-dries quickly and doesn't smudge/rub off skin as easily

Cons:
-pricier than original formula
-LESS product than original formula
-dries a lot quicker than original so be prepared to blend, blend, blend!
-CANNOT be applied prior to going out (like original formula)...unless you don't mind having a dark green complexion!