St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
St.Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Mousse

4.1

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Caramel, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-5-Cereth-20, Decyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Melanin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Citric Acid, Linalool, Alpha-isomethylionone, CI 14700 (Red 4), CI 19140 (Yellow 5) CI 42090 (Blue 1)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had to have this right when it came out, lol. I love love love the original so much!! The original is my go-to self tanner, and has been for years. I think this new version has it beat. IMO this is better than the original because it is significantly darker, and still has all of the same characteristics of the original; No strong smell, dries quickly, and is believable. The first day I used it, someone at work even asked me if I had been laying out at the pool :) MAKE SURE YOU USE A SELF TANNING MITT, and put lotion on your knees and elbows before applying. love this, HG

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I like this tan, it's a bit on the sticky side for a mousse, but it gives a nice natural looking tan. The thing I don't like about the dark formula is the first day it has quite a greeny tinge to it, however this seems to disappear after the first shower. Must just be part of the colour guide. The original formula is a bit light for the sort of tan I want but has a nicer overall colour.

I have the original bronzing mousse, which I previously used. The original works well, but doesn't get my skin as dark, as fast as this version does. This version gets my skin the perfect amount of tan the first time around. With the original, I have to use it like 4 times until it starts to come close to the color the dark version gets me. I will continue to buy this one instead of the original. Also, you MUST use the mitt to get the best look & to not dirty your hands. The only complaint I have is that this version comes with less, but it costs the same price, or maybe even a little more (I can't remember). I guess since this one gives the desired look with less uses, it would last around the same amount of time...but still. I feel like Iam getting ripped off. This stuff is not cheap, at all. But, it is a healthy alternative to getting that nice tan without laying in the sun all day. The best part about this mousse is that it leaves my skin brown, NOT orange. It looks very real. People couldn't tell that it was a fake tan. This is by far, the best self tanner I've came across. I highly reccommend if you want a natural, realistic tan that is healthy. Make sure that you spend the extra $5 to buy the applicator mitt to apply this!! It will save you time & no hassle of having a mess!

on 6/26/2013 12:50:00 AM

I love to be tan, and I've tried too many products to count, from high to low end, in the search for the perfect tan. My usual favorites are fake bake flawless spray tan, or the sunlabs dark lotion if I want a darker look, with the occasional tan towel when I'm lazy. I've been eying this tanner for a long time, but always turned away due to the price! I wish I had tried this sooner! Here's my breakdown:

*Color*: true to the name, gives a dark tan, probably the darkest of any fake tanner I've tried. The base is VERY green (again, greener than other green based tans such as the sun labs lotion). The green base gives a more natural looking tan, but I would recommend applying this before bed as it would probably look pretty funny during the day.

*Application*: I used an ulta tan applicator mitt, which is what I generally use with liquids products. This is hands down the easiest tan to blend, and may even be quicker than using a tan towel! A little goes a long way; I'm used to applying multiple pumps of product to get the color I want, but in his case two pumps on my leg was wayyyyy too much! The only downside is that since the product is so saturated with color, you need to take some time blending on your back if you're applying it alone; I usually slap on tanner willy nilly on my back, but it's much easier to get a friend to help you with this product.

I also used to apply tanner two nights in a row to get the color I wanted, but one application of this stuff is just right! The drying time is also very fast.

*Smell*: No typical fake tanner smell AT ALL. Smells great!

*Staying power* This tan lasts a solid week with minimal flaws, that could stretch to 10 days if you dont mind some patchiness. Still, a week is great for me, as I'm used to applying every 3-4 days to maintain my tan.

*Value*: Yes, on paper, this product is expensive. However, there are multiple things to consider which I think make this product equivalent in price to tanners that cost half as much (such as fake bake): you will get a dark, long lasting tan in one application, rather than multiple. Additionally, because this is a mousse and not a straight liquid, youre using much less product per application. I love to save where possible, but I'm an instant convert, and will continue to repurchase!

on 7/9/2013 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in the hope of achiving a darker tan that my usual St.Tropez Self Tan Mousse gives me after one application. I find it just as good in terms of ease of application, but the color seems to be a bit more orange and not really darker than the original formula. I will use up the bottle, but would not repurchase.

on 7/18/2013 11:24:00 AM

Holy Cow- this product rocks!!! Easy to apply the mousse with the mitt (don't even try to do it without the mitt). Lasts longer than the other st tropez mousse products and almost as long as the lotion. Make sure you get the tan enhancing moisturizer to blend out the pale areas so it looks natural, also apply to hands, knees, feet and elbows prior to application. By exfoliating before you can get an easy 4-7 days out of one application and can prolong 2-3 more days if you use the boosting lotion every 2-3 days after your first application Price point is $40-$50 depending where you go and you can get 2-3 months out of this product if you are using every 8-10 days on majority of the body (average size person). Packaging is nice, easy instructions and the best part- U Never Go Orange!!! In a nutshell I am in love.

I have purchased this product 3 times and it NEVER ceases to disappoint. It is a flawless, streak-free, easy application tan that works wonders if you are looking for a healthy glow! I am a huge sun worshipper, but I live for SPF. I don't need to worry about ruining my skin now that I've been using St. Tropez mousse for months now. I like it MUCH better than the spray, as application is easier and quicker (in my opinion) because it shows up on the skin right away so you know it will be a flawless application. I definitely recommend the mitt to buy with it. I have two so I can alternate between applications. I just use a make up sponge for the face, although they have come out with new face applicator mitts (I'll still use my make up sponge- works wonderfully!) It's expensive, but it lasts me about 3 months for one bottle! You don't need much with this dark serum. BUY IT!

on 12/11/2013 8:16:00 PM

MY HG TAN!!

After using Le Tan in deep bronze for YEARS, i didnt really need to try anything else, i loved it, and didnt think i could get anything darker.

For some reason, dont remember why, i tried it.
And wow.

It was a completely different colour, it went on a dark moss green, which i freaked out about at first. I was used to Le Tan being orange.

Slept in it, woke up, looked streaky and dark and i freaked! I didnt know this, but that is just the guide colour, and it washed off and looked amazing after a shower.

It is green based so it looks natural, and not like a tandoori chicken. It also doesnt smell as bad as Le Tan.

It kind of fades and doesnt wear off patchy like LeTan too, so i love that aswell!

Only cons are-
. Stains your hands even if you wash straight away, so use a mit!
. Doesnt last long, maybe haf a week to a week so it may use up quickly and its expensive!

on 1/26/2014 1:28:00 PM

great non-orange colour but after a shower the next morning almost all of it is gone... i expected something better from a 'dark' mousse

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this from sephora it is extremely dark which is great and not orange at all since it has a green pigment but on the down side I find that it drys to fast in the skin leaving it streaky I prefer lotions as opposed to foams will not be repurchasing