Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.2

on 3/13/2019 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I think this has been reviewed positively and negatively to death but I just want to add this: read the ingredient list not the product name.

I don't care what it is called, for it to be a mineral sunscreen with an spf 30, it's got to have some serious titanium dioxide in it and that can make your skin look greasy. And it breaks many people out. And it's white - thus the tint.

And the silicone makes the texture look smooth and retain moisture.

The pigment is harder to control in this formula so the color range is "sort of light" to "not very dark."

In other words, have pretty low expectations.

If you are like me and chemical sunscreens set your face on fire, you'll trade the breakout for the sun protection. I mix it with another mineral sunscreen to neutralize the white. Frankly I hate the feel of sunscreen - any sunscreen - and I have learned to tolerate the occasional blemish.

If you are a new reader, you'll think people have gone mad. Just know that this is the very type of product that is ok for some and a disaster for others. There is no definitive list of products that will break or not break you out There is just trial and error.

(She said after spending probab!y thousands!)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For starters let it be known that I'm a sucker for all types of skin coverage products ranging the gamut from the most sheer to the most full coverage and all coverage levels in between. I love this product for saving steps, having an adequate SPF of 30 if the label on mine is correct, and find the finished look (after applied with a damp beauty sponge) very natural. This does work to even out skin tone and blur imperfections. As this is not full coverage, I wear this alone as my foundation on days when I feel like letting my natural freckles show and love how this product tones them down a bit.
At 47, I find that this product does not slide into my fine lines or wrinkles, nor does it exaggerate the crepiness under my eyes which is a real bonus. I like to set this with Coty Airspun translucent (loose) powder and find the finished look very satisfying. At such an incredible price for such an easy to use, true-to-color, easy to blend product, I intend to always keep a fresh bottle of this on hand.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

A new favorite tinted moisturizer! So surprising but oh so refreshing! I love it. It delivers the right dose of color while providing a strong SPF protection. I use the medium deep and I love that the pigmentation is sheer enough that it enhances my skin texture and brightens my complexion but doesn't wash it out. I have combination sensitive skin prone to blackheads and this doesn't have any acne flaring ingredients or activates them in any way. It is also easily removed with cleanser. It has a natural dewy soft matte finish, more dewy and gel like than matte but not juicy in finish. The pigmentation is super in this product compared to 95% of BB Creams out there since this isn't ashy or makes skin look pasty not. Just a natural, supple finish, like a tween child's skin. Lovely product. Will keep as a staple as one of my day to day SPF. Just when I thought Maybelline sucked for the most part they redeemed themselves.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I just finished a whole tube and I absolutely love it ! It does what it claims, skin feels natural even with 2 layers, it evens out tone, provides light coverage, moisturizes and has SPF. It is perfect for everyday work look.

on 9/7/2018 7:26:00 PM

The palest shade is perfect for those with fair skin wishing to emulate Donald Trump's tangerine-inspired style. Other than that, it's essentially a tinted moisturiser. Nothing special or revolutionary.

I love this product. Unfortunately it's difficult to get a hold of in Spain, so I tend to stock up as I travel.

I looooveee it, because it's exactly what I want in a bb cream, it is very subtle on the skin and gives your skin this fresh glow.

However, if you are looking for coverage or more of a colour unifier, this is not for you (but you may like the garnier bb cream). It's very sheer and just provides that pick me up (but you still need concealer for spots). I found it dries quickly on the skin and doesn't leave any sticky residue or anything.

It's my everyday go to for work or uni and it leaves your skin looking like your skin but a little fresher, a little better.

on 8/8/2018 10:22:00 PM

Made me way way way too shiny and oily, and melts right off my face just leaving a sticky shiny mess behind with no hint of coverage. I'll try it again in the winter when my skin is dry and there's no hot sun to cause me to sweat my face off...but I kinda sorta was hoping to use this as a summer time product for just a hint of tint under powder. It did not hold up whatsoever and felt pretty gross on my face. I forgot that I was wearing makeup at all and just wondered why I was bathed in grease

on 8/8/2018 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this to use in the summer when I have a bit of a tan (I got the light to medium shade). I don't want a full coverage foundation during the summertime. I really like it; it provides just enough coverage to even out my skin and take away some of the shininess and the color was perfect. The sunscreen is a bonus. It lasts all day for me; although I generally don't spend a lot of time outside and sweating.

on 8/8/2018 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Colour oxidizes badly, broke me out right away, looks shiny. Does not last during the day. Pretty much this is a useless product

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This isn't my everyday bb cream or foundation but I do love using it from time to time, mixed in with my body shop instaglow. It's beautiful. I love light coverage and minimal, natural makeup and this is perfect for that! This is in my top 3 complexion products of all time along with the Mac bb cream and the Mac face and body :) similar effect! Love it! 😍