Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

3.3

on 8/4/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Best BB cream/foundation ever!
My oily/combination skin loves this product.
It's lightweight with medium coverage and looks very natural, gives the skin a wonderfully smooth texture. It hides acne marks pretty well but doesn't look cakey. In the summer I set it with loose powder, but I find this step isn't necessary in the winter. It lasts all day, with only my nose getting a bit shiny, which I don't mind.
Highly recommended!

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

Every liquid foundation that I've ever used was a total flop. This one however wasn't that bad. The color was quite allright and it does last some time. I do got the feeling that it crawles into my pores and all the lines in my face. My face can be very dry or very oily (depending on the weather). When my skin is dry it can get very patchy and it just looks horrible. When my face is oily it applies like a beauty but it only last for an hour or 2, after that it either slides of or looks like I'm wearing a mask. It does cover up redness quite well so I often use it as a concealer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Oil slick and colour is way off for light skin.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This product isn't bad it just isn't for me. I have the light shade but it is too dark and yellow based for my skin tone and it doesn't adjust to your skin tone at all. I find it gives light to medium coverage however it doesn't cover blemishes or hyper pigmentation very well. A concealer is a must to go along with this BB cream. On my combination skin it lasts 5-6 hours before it starts to wear off.

Furthermore it has a very overwhelming alcohol scent, an instant put off for me. Also the nozzle leaks product as soon as the lid is removed, even holding it up it still manages to pour out. I feel like you would loose a lot of product that way.

on 7/24/2013 1:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is my first experience with BB cream and I have to say I'm impressed. Great coverage - only have to use concealer on the odd stubborn blemish. Lasts ALL day. Packaging needs work though - so messy! Would do better with a pump mechanism.

Update on my last review: As so often happens, my skin has changed since I started using this product. My skin is a bit drier than it used to be, and I find that the cream now really accentuates any fine lines or wrinkles. My advice: This is a fantastic product if your skin is oily, but for combination or dry skin, DEFINITELY go for the regular formula. It's a bit thicker and smooths out some of the lines better.

That said, I still use this product to mix with sunscreen. It doesn't come with SPF, which is a shame, but I've had great success mixing it with my own sunscreen, roughly 1:1. Should work with any sunscreen, but I love Neutrogena Ultra Sheer dry-touch sunscreen.

on 4/28/2013 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I was so excited to get this product, I had heard so many good reviews and I had even seen it reccomended on TV. Sadly, I was very disapointed.
The "cream" is more like a liquid. It spills everywhere and leaks into the top, so when you open it you end up with a puddle everywhere.
It didn't moisturize me at all. Instead, it just highlighted my dry spots around my nose. It made my pores look huge, and it started flaking off within an hour of application.
On an opposite, it was not "oil control" in the slightest. It actually makes my nose, upperlip, and chin oiler than usual. It melts right off my skin by 2nd hour.
It didn't make my skin look any better, it was too dark for me, even in the lightest shade. It's very orange and people even told me I looked a lot darker than usual.
The only good thing was the smell. It smelled like a liquid or cream foundation, and I happen to like those smells.

1/10, the one star is for the smell.

on 3/13/2013 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This stuff is great! It has the best oil control in all the foundations I have ever used. I have a VERY oily T zone. I use this EVERY DAY.

I use it in light color, but it is just a tad light and pink for me. So, for my everyday use I mix it with MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC20 . Very little (maybe a quarter of a pump, very little covers your whole face with a brush) MAC SFF with equal amount of this product on a palette, and apply with MAC 187. This blends it into a cooler tone that matches my skin and increase its coverage.

Color, staying power and coverage of MAC Studio Fix Fluid
PLUS
Oil control, natural look and moisturizers of Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector = miracles!

I know the word moisturizer is scary to oily/combination skins like myself, but this one will NOT get you oily.

You don't need to use any other moisturizers, primers, not even setting powder! Maybe a little concealer under this to cover up blemishes, but I still haven't found one that I like.

No oxidation (MAC SFF alone tends to oxidize), no shine, no cakey appearance, no heaviness.
Just that when used alone, this product settles into fine lines a bit. But like I said, don't use it alone. Mix it.

This is also great for under eyes, light enough to highlight, not too dry to make you look old.
It amazes me how one product can be highlighting AND matte AND oil controlling AND not too dry. It's just perfect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

UPDATE: I have recently realised how bad alcohol in high amounts can be on my skin and I think this contributed to my dehydrated skin along with frequent breakouts. This contains way too much of it so I stopped using it and my skin is definitely thanking me for it now as its much more calm. I do really love this product, the way it wears and how natural it looks but unfortunately not one I can use any more.

I use this as an everyday foundation. It works perfectly for me as I want a light feeling, medium coverage, that looks natural but is matte. I wouldn't classify this as true BB Cream from what I've seen this doesn't have the right texture & the ingredients list doesn't match up with what traditional Asian BB Creams would have.

It lasts fairly well, I apply it in the morning around 8 and when I come home the coverage is still there, which amazes me for something so lightweight. I do top it up with a setting powder but I did that with another foundation I used daily and it started to disappear around lunchtime!

I have been using this since it was released here in Australia and have repurchased this 3 times. I am in the shade Medium and for reference I have a NC35-37 skin tone.

Two things I have noticed though is that it does transfer and that the product likes to leak out of the tube so I store it with the lid upright when possible. I am still so amazed every time I apply this, I can't get over how for something so runny and smooth to give such a nice coverage.

Highly recommend this!