3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

this is a fantastic product for me. it is slightly glowy and gives a nice bronzy look to the skin. it makes the skin look flawless. has great coverage and very long lasting. does oxidize a tad bit but doesnt bother me cuz it is very less and yea i wud most likely repurchase as it is a great product and quite affordable

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

1.0

3 years ago

It's not good for oily, combination skin. It causes breakouts. I used it with setting powder, and it lasted about 2 hours or so...and then started to look really cakey, greasy, especially on my forehead. I bought it and tried it in the winter. I think it wouldn't even last an hour in the hot summer, it would get greasy really fast. The color is orange. It offers minimal coverage. I would not recommend it.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

2.0

3 years ago

SO ORANGE!!!!! I am so bummed. I read some great reviews and I don't get it. I'm very fair and yes I can blend it out, but it is still orange tinted and I have to blend all the way down as if it were a full coverage, which it most absolutely is NOT. It's a bb cream. I didn't look radiant, and my blemishes weren't blurred... Garnier you were a total waste of 20 bucks as I'm throwing this in the trash.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

Their lightest shade is orangey for my fair skin even in the summertime. I can go with the first shade within the . range of the foundation (usually). It covered nothing and was greasy as well.

About reviewer (93 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I really like it! I'm oily, ~NC20 and I got this in the shade Light. It goes on beautifully, the shade matches me (it's definitely on the warmer side), and the coverage is nice (about medium). It has a slightly watery consistency, I tried this with a sponge and a brush and I think it looks great either way. My ONLY complaints that are: 1) It does not work with any of my moisturizers, they make it go patchy. So I wash my face, use a toner, and go with this directly. Since I'm oily I don't feel that I need more moisture, but maybe it could bother combo skin. 2) I'd put the wear time at ~4-5 hours. After that I feel that it really fades and breaks down, even if I blot. I stick to wearing it on shorter days. Overall, I really like it :)

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Coarse

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I was fed up of wearing foundations for every day wear. So I decided to buy a bb cream, and after seeing good reviews I chose garner bb cream for oily skin in the shade 'light'. My skin is oily in my t-zone and I have some blemishes and visible pores. This bb cream is amazing! In one little pea sized amount I managed to cover my whole face and cover up the imperfections on my skin. The colour 'light' was the perfect shade for me. It is light, easy to apply and a great alternative to foundation and it looks 'natural' on the skin. Definitely recommend

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

3 years ago

i love it despite the bad stuff that I will mention. to begin with this is the best bb cream I have used so far, the coverage is great for a bb cream ! it covers my minimal acne which most bb creams don't do, I would say this bb cream is a medium coverage and it has a dewy finish ! the downsides to it is that it oxidizes which is something that i can work with , it also gets pretty oily 4 hours later which I really hate :( . I usually wear it for daily stuff such as work, if am going to do something that will be longer than working hours I would definitely use something else (because of the oil factor) yet still I love it and I will keep using it

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I am 28 years old, have very acne prone skin, first signs of aging, and am always trying new foundations to cover up scarring and help with redness. I think I'm on my 7-10th tube of this and religiously keep going back! I like a medium coverage with a dewy finish. This BB cream is amaaazing....a little goes a long way! The tube is easy (and somewhat sterile to squeeze product out). Apply with sponge or damp beauty blender, set with powder or it may wipe off if not fully dry. *Be careful as the squeeze tube CAN be a bit if you open it downward!* What else to say? No major smells, non irritating, doesn't break me out. Summer months it might melt on the face a bit (as you'd find with many liquid makeups/oily skin types), but I just don't apply as much in summer. Oh! And my skin is somewhat fair, so the light medium - lightest colour offered- does run a tad bit dark, but I just blend it into my neck and hairline..and no need to switch shades for summer. Don't waste your time buying the "Pure Control Anti-Acne" version of this. It has a totally different consistency, different look and feel when it is dry, and definitely doesn't help with acne. But the regular one for oily skin is spectacular! 5 lippies and will continue to buy, fingers crossed they don't ever change this product! :)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I really want to give this a 5, but I have to give it a 4 for shade selection. For reference I'm from Canada where they only give the shades of light-medium and medium-dark. I purchased Light-Medium. This BB Cream is incredibly easy to apply, you can smooth it over your face in the morning and it will give a great looking coverage.I found Beauty Blenders and brushes don't give you the same coverage/natural finish. I have found this to cover well almost anything and if I have a particular large zit it wont 100% hide it but it makes it look hardly noticeable. It says it has 5 benefits(evens skin tone, hydrates,mattifies,minimizes the look of pores,brightens) and I'd say it does a pretty good job on all of those. I think this BB cream really succeeds in minimizing the look of pores and evening skin tone which has made my skin look reminiscent of what it did in my late teens/early 20's. I love the finish so much on this foundation I use a little bit of blush and I look put together. I also work 12 hour shifts and this is the best lasting finish I've had for any foundation let alone a BB cream. This doesn't lead to any flaking and it keeps me relatively well moisturized through the day. The one con is the shade can go a bit orangey/yellowish. But I have found a way around this. I have stopped using powder which I found to make it oxidize way more(plus it stays on its own so for me it doesn't need powder) as well as I have stopped using bronzer as it really doesn't need it this BB cream will brighten you up on your own. Lastly this is a bit of a personal thing but I will use Clinique's Super Balanced Foundation where light catches(middle of forehead, down the nose, and centre of chin). This effectively deals with the orangey effect for me. Cliniques Super Balanced runs about $30 and lasts me half a year so this isn't a big deal for me to have to do. Lastly this product is such a steal of a price I got this for $13 Canadian(so will be cheaper for UK/US) and it comes with 60 ml which is double the product amount I will usually get for any other foundation. Plus this works full coverage as a foundation with a less than quarter sized amount. I can easily see this lasting me 4-6 months.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

EyesBlue

3.0

3 years ago

My very first BB cream. At first I really liked it, but later on it started to oxidize so bad I had to stop using it.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm