Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.3

on 8/27/2017 1:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

in the beginning i feeling good with this BB , but after a few months I noticed a big Acne on my skin after a one Use .

I definitely did my research before even thinking of buying this product, and definitely ended up getting it because of all the rave reviews. BUT I was terribly disappointed. It went on very nice - like a lightweight concealer. I have nice skin so I don't need anything heavy, but do like something that keeps my T-Zone matte. This did it for about an hour and that was it. I was reapplying powder and blotting my face with oil blotters more than ever! Ugh..so frustrating. Though I like the 'second skin' look, I would rather more of a matte look than this...I don't know, I didn't think of my skin to be that oily, but maybe it is...this just wasn't worth the money. Do not waste your time.

I used to like it, but I'm not the biggest fan of it any more. It does give a nice finish to my skin but it also settles on my dry patches. Good for summer, but very drying in winter.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have fair moderately oily skin. This stuff is good for just a quick application for running errands, wear around the house, etc. But it's not good for all day wear if your skin is oily, with or without a primer and good powder.

For 8+ hours of good wear, this is not, for me, the best thing. It starts to break down and my natural oils come through. So it's good for about 4-5 hours of wear on me. It did not oxidize on me though.

Yes the consistency is runny, but to me that's not a big deal at all. It makes it very quick and easy to apply. Just keep the bottle upright and it's fine. I'd imagine you could transfer this into a more friendly container quiet easily if you don't like the squeeze bottle and want a pump. Best applied with fingers.

The coverage is pretty good. Not too light and definitely not too heavy, nothing like a foundation, which it doesn't claim to be. A bit more coverage than some of the other BB creams I've tried, including Asian ones. The Asian ones can't be beat though - they really are excellent because of their formulation (sunscreen, those with acne, etc), but higher price range if budget is a concern. With powder in top it looks good. I have some broken capillaries on my skin and it definitely helps to blur them. Very much helps to even out your skin tone. Doesn't do much for larger pores though, but powder definitely helps with that - possibly a loose or pressed matte powder that you actually press into your skin using a powder puff or something similar.

My nose is not sensitive to smells and my skin is not sensitive. So I can't comment on those aspects.

So, overall it's a decent product from the drugstore. I won't be buying this again though. I think this might be better in the fall/winter months than the summer.

I would not recommend it for extremely oily skin or skin that needs a lot of coverage. I think you'd be very disappointed.

Hope that helps when deciding on this product!

I love this stuff!! I had reservations about it cream since every BB cream I have tried previously made me look like an oil slick and had no coverage at all. The color is perfect for my skin tone, not too pink or yellow. I was looking for something that was lightweight but provided decent coverage on "good skin days". well this stuff can be used even on my bad skin days. It builds nicely in the areas that need a bit more coverage and doesn't settle into my pores or in my fine lines. I still need a bit of concealer to cover my melasma but so far, so good with this. it lasts all day with just a little bit of separating on my nose. I do top it off with a setting powder so I don't know if that helps the longevity of the cream but I will definitely repurchase.

on 7/25/2014 1:50:00 AM

It's a disgrace to call this a BB cream. It's nothing more than a liquid makeup. It is very runny and has way too much coverage and very unnatural at best. You need a lot of effort to blend this on your skin. I've used several BB creams and the good ones with good skin care benefits require minimal effort to blend and applies more like a moisturizer. This product applies and blends like a foundation and settles into lines and pores like a poorly formulated foundation.

on 7/16/2014 9:21:00 AM

This stuff, well it's quite awful. I purchased it hoping it would be a lighter answer to traditional foundations. It is runny out of the tube, shockingly so - the packaging is not adequate for such a messy product and there is A LOT of it. I really have nothing fantastic to say about it. The light to medium color is so pale, even on my fair skin, I look embalmed after application. The texture is very hard to describe, almost waxy on your skin and needs to be washed from your hands with soap immediately after applying. Within an hour after leaving the house, my skin was a oil slick, much worse than any other "foundation" product I have ever used - ever. So oily in fact, I would spend much of the day continually wiping the oil from my forehead with a tissue. It's odd the back of this product states it is a sunscreen, that's all. Its terrible, save your money and if you want to try something that is far better, I recommend Maybelline Age Rewind as a far superior product. I just do not understand the BB Cream thing yet. They are not superior to or even lighter than traditional foundations, especially this one. I was not impressed.

on 5/8/2014 4:27:00 PM

This has SPF20 in the UK. Otherwise, ditto to what jianing23 said.

on 1/12/2014 9:54:00 AM

I never bothered purchasing a tinted moisturizer because nothing impressed me, they tend to make my skin feeling oiler. I preferred mixing my foundation with my favorite moisturizer. My sister gave this product for me to try and I am impressed. I have oily combo skin, NC30. Tis applies lighter than my complexion but after to oxides it blends very well to my skin tone and enough to even my skin tone a bit. I would use this on days I don't feel like wearing a full on foundation, quick out the door, just to the grocery. I think it is good if you have fairly good skin with not a lot of cover. I don't detect any scent. It does not make my skin any oiler. When I use this, I feel I don't need a moisturizer. You get a good amount for the price. For these reasons, I would repurchase this product again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Oil slick and colour is way off for light skin.