Jergens Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer with SPF20

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Jergens Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer with SPF20

4.6

on 3/25/2014 4:06:00 PM

This product has been sitting in my closet for a year or so now. My mom gave me an extra bottle she had and I was sure I'd use it and didn't...until now. I had used it before but I don't think on my face. Anyway, this found new life recently as I gave up wearing makeup this year for Lent (the season leading up to Easter). I know, what you're thinking? Is she crazy?! Trust me, I've asked myself that many times during my lifetime, but especially in the last few weeks. ;)

Not that I wear a ton of makeup or anything. I pride myself on being the master of looking like I'm not wearing makeup (but still wearing it - duh!) Anyway, I found this in my closet and thought, why not give this a try? It's got SPF which I'm not prone to wear so I figured it was serving a dual purpose - making me feel not so naked without my makeup while protecting my skin. I hate most foundations but found Revlon Colorstay years ago and have never looked back...until now.

Well, as I've said in all my reviews, I have UBER sensitive skin. I mean like everything and anything cause breakouts. I used proactive once and got hives - yikes! Anyway, I've been using this and it's awesome! It totally looks like I got some sun naturally (impossible right now where I live) but still feels good. It doesn't make me a total grease ball which I was worried about. It just gives me a little bit of color and I'm not sure I'll even go back to foundation again. This is enough to make me feel confident and make my skin look great! Good luck!

on 5/9/2013 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow! I never write reviews but had to on this product. I have spent years trying to find a self tanner that doesn't stink horribly. I'm also pretty fair so I also wanted a product that didn't look orange and streaky. I'm happy to say that I am completely 100% in love with this product! I had a trip to San Diego planned and started using this a few days before. The color was beautiful (light to medium) and it really doesn't stink like they claim in their marketing. Double points for actually doing what they says it's supposed to do. I will definitely be buying this over and over again this summer.

on 3/3/2013 10:23:00 PM

LOVE SO FAR! I bought this product a few days ago. I heard some really great reviews on it and one of the biggest selling points for me was the fact that it stated "great color WITHOUT ODOR" right on the front. If theres anything that annoys me to no end, its smelling like some nasty chemicals after I apply a self tanner.

FIRST I want to start by saying that I am PALE. Like pasty, paper-white, almost albino looking kind of pale. Thankfully in the summer I get some color. When I first applied this after my shower in the morning, there was no difference. The lotion itself is white and thus did not change my white skin right away. As the day went on a definitely saw a little bit of color starting to creep up. Which was good, but not great. I want noticeable tan. So before bed, I decided to put some more on. And within a few minutes, I swear, I got darker.

As for the smell. When i first smelled it out of the tube, it smelled florally. It had the SLIGHTEST hint of that self tanner smell, understandable. I didn't expect this product to completely avoid that. But I was satisfied that I didn't smell disgusting. BUT as the day went on, it got worse. Which is why I didn't give this product an outstanding rating. The smell wasnt unbearable, but it was there, and I knew it. Not sure if anyone else around me knew it though.

All in all, I've used this product all over my body and even my face, and I don't look like a piece of paper anymore. And the smell is much more discreet than any other product I've tried. Mission accomplished.

Wow, I love this product! This new formula with SPF is leaps and bounds better than their previous non-SPF version. It has SPF 20, a really smooth consistency, comes out of the tube easily, has a barely-noticeable self-tanner smell (yes!!!), rubs in easily, and dries quickly.

What's the word that means the opposite of a perfectionist? Because that's me when it comes to applying lotion and self-tanner--I just want to get it over with. This product hasn't turned out streaky or blotchy at all on me, and that's saying something. I do think the color is a tad orange, but perhaps that's because I used the one for medium to tan skin tones, and I'm relatively fair. Despite that, I will continue to use this since it feels good going on, doesn't irritate my skin, and makes me look sun-kissed.

The tube I bought was $12 at Target, and came with a free mini tube of the new self-tanner + SPF for face, which I also love (provides SPF 20, non-greasy moisture, evens skin tone, and doesn't cause me breakouts). Way to go Jergens!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I found this product to be VERY DIFFERENT from the regular Jergens gradual tanning moisturizer. That said, I LOVE this gradual tanner + protect, and don't care much for the other.

I don't tan at all during the summer (I wear sunscreen almost all the time) and so I depend on self tanner to convert my fair skin to sunkissed bronze. I spotted this product in CVS, and the concept of a self tanner and sun protection in one prompted me to buy a bottle of medium/tan for $9.99.

That was $9.99 well spent. I was shocked to discover using this product resulted in an immediate tan that's far superior to the regular gradual tanner. I slathered it on in the morning before heading out, and by afternoon, my skin was sun-kissed and looked like I'd been lying in the sun for a week. I thought I was hallucinating at first! Luckily, I didn't have any streaks, even though I hadn't been at all careful in my application; the tan wasn't drastic enough for that, but I did have some stains on my hands. After applying every day, by the third day I was as dark as I'd ever want to be, and not at all orange. Not bad! Soooo much better than I expected. When I bought the bottle, I was kicking myself for giving into a gimmick. But now I'm rather glad I tried it.

The smell doesn't bother me; in fact, I rather like it. To my nose, it's very florally, which provides a nice reprieve from incessantly coconut flavored tanners. It's quite strong, though, so after a few bottles, I may grow disgusted with it. We'll see.

Now for the cons, of which there are only two. I really really really wished this provided higher sun protection (of course) and it would be wonderful if it employed the use of Titanium Dioxide or Zinc Oxide) as I prefer to use physical sunblockers, and I use only physical sunblockers on my face (CVS and Equate brands Zinc Oxide SPF 50). I deducted a lippie for the sun protection issues I just mentioned, although I'm not sure that's fair, as this is the first product of its kind I've come across and the tanner works so well.

After a week, it does begin to get blotchy and gross, but what tanner doesn't? Skin exfoliates, after all. That's what my scrub and vaseline cocoa butter are for. The good news is, with this tanner, I have a nice glow within eight hours, so the fact that I have to exfoliate every week and a half and start over is no biggie :)

If you're on the fence about this product, give it a try, especially since so many stores have such great return policies (don't abuse, of course) you've got nothing to lose.