LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.6

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I had heard that Lorac had great eyeshadows, but having Aaready bought my beloved Tartelette in Bloom I decided that I had enough pinks. Later I decided that I did indeed want more pink. I am a huge fan of the Naked palettes and I bought Naked3. Big mistake. I have 1 and 2 and don't think there are any complete duds like there are in 3.

This led me to revisiting the Lorac Unzipped. I LOVE IT! The mattes at amazing and I think the shimmers are better than Urban Decay's. Beautiful pigment and color scheme. This palette made it a lot easier to work with my medium tan skin and actually have the colors show up well without a lot of work. I am very impressed with the quality of these eyeshadows. I would love to have more Lorac eyeshadows, but frankly, this is the only palette with a color scheme that I found attractive. The Unzipped Gold is gorgeous, but I already have way too many gold shadows.

I am so glad I didn't settle for the Naked3 for my pink fix!

on 12/24/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Me:NW45ish.
Just. freakin'. gorgeous. As usual LORAC quality and blendibility is on point. I actually plan my OOTD around this palette. What is there to say that hasn't already been said. OH! I did buy the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette and while I do enjoy it, LORAC knocked it outta the park. Are there Revealed 2 shade dupes, yep, but IMHO Lorac has that something extra that took it to the next level. Even though I got this with 20% off, I would not hesitate to re-purchase at full price.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is what I bought instead of the Naked 3 palette and I really love all the shades in this palette....espescially the gorgeous mattes. The champagne gold is soooo beautiful. Its like a lighter version of UD half baked. All of the shades here blend really well but the reason it doesn't get five is because it can sometimes take a few swipes to pick up some of the shimmery colors. They're kinda packed into the pan. But overall, wonderful palette.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am the person who swapped away Naked 3 because the rosy gold colors didn't really fit my skin tone and I found the colors too similar and pink. I received this and liked this better than naked 3.

The colors work well with each other, although the colors are not entirely distinctive from each other when you actually apply it. I find, however, that I'm able to make pretty looks using this palette alone.

The colors are richer and darker than naked 3. The palette definitely leans on the mauve/plum side. There are some gold, rose gold shimmery colors that look really pretty layered on top of a base color (like unconditional). The palette only has one color to darken/deepen your eyeshadow look, and in my opinion, only one color (unconditional) to be a blending color. I'm nc20 so there may be other blending colors for people who have a darker skin tone.

I think this palette is great looking on those with a warm skin tone. The colors also look particularly good on Brown eyes. Basically, it looks great on my Asian skin tone.

I take off one Lippie because it would be nice to have one more color for darkening your look, and one more blending color. It's good that this palette has only one brow highlighting color though. But if you have the Lora pro palette, I think this is a good complement for it.

on 2/4/2014 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm underwhelmed by this palette. The packaging cardboard, which bothers me about Lorac, although I do love the Lorac Pro palette. Unzipped is not something that I would tell people to run out and buy. The colors are okay, but they all seem very similar when I apply them to the eyes. They all seem to pull orange on me which isn't what you'd think by looking at them in the pan. It's very odd. I'm quite fair so that may be a factor. I find that I can't do an eyeshadow look with this one palette, for whatever reason it never looks good alone on me. As for pigmentation it's pretty good. It's similar to the Pro palette with the buttery consistency of the shadows. To be honest, I would return it if I could! I'm just not wowed like the other reviewers seem to be, which is disappointing really.
To add to the whole Naked 3 versus Lorac Unzipped conversation, I personally prefer the Naked 3. The Naked 3 is more neutral/cool while Unzipped is far warmer. They're not that similar in my opinion.

on 6/15/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I love this palette. I exchanged the UD Naked Basics palette for this and I'm glad I did. The colors are beautiful, natural and shimmery without being too dramatic. Nice colors for day or night. Stays put all day and you get a Lorac eye primer with it. Love it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Love. This. Palette. I love rose gold so this neutral palette really caught my eye because most of the shades have a rosy hue to them. I originally purchased UD Naked 2 because I wanted a different neutral look but I realized quickly that the shades in Naked 2 were making me look washed out and tired. The cool taupes and browns in Naked 2 didn't work well with my medium olive skin and dark circles. So, I exchanged Naked 2 for Lorac Unzipped and I'm much happier. In this palette, you get mostly shimmery shades but also 4 matte shades. I have to say, I love all of the shades in the palette. I even love the matte shades which normally I don't typically care for. The quality of this palette is A+. All shades in this palette are smooth, soft to the touch and pigmented. Along with this palette, you get a mini behind the scenes primer which is also a great quality primer. To compare to my UD Naked 1, there are some similar shades but the overall tones in the two palettes are very different. Naked 1 has a yellow gold theme that runs in all of the shades and the Unzipped palette all have a rose gold tone in all the shades.

I love this palette. I lusted after it for a month before finally buying it and I am glad I did, Sometimes when I am applying the shadows from this palette I am thinking to myself that these are not going to work( kinda redish on me) but when I am finished and have my eyeliner and mascara on and look in the mirror I have to admit that they are very beautiful and always end up looking amazing. They are soft and buttery and blend like a dream.
EDIT_ I also think a brush should have been included for the price.

on 7/1/2012 2:03:00 AM

MY FAV Palette!
These are very high quality shadows, very pigmented. The only two shades that I feel are similar (and ONLY in the sense that they are dark) are the right two top and bottom. I do feel like they are very different shades, just dark. I dont quite understand how anyone would say they all look similar. I would say it depends on the color of your skin. The lightest shade is a like a nude shimmer, usually colors like these are used as highlights, so I dont understand why someone would say you "cant see the color". I can see the color, my skintone is like a "nude, beige." Overall I absolutely love this palette. It could be that these are my fav shades to wear, plums and browns. I love that its not a super shimmery shimmer and the fact that they includes mattes. I usually choose this palette over my Naked2, but thats just personal preference.