LORAC Unzipped

UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.4

on 5/31/2017 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really was disappointed with the palette. There are some gorgeous hues in this mix of matte and shimmer but, the softness of the powders made the colors just blend in with each other on application if I used more than two shades and for the price the longevity left much to be desired.

on 3/3/2017 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow palette. The colors are so beautiful on any skin tone. Great pigment and blend ability. Slight fall out but as long as you tap your eyeshadow brush before you apply to your eyelid to get the fallout off your brush first then you won't get any fallout on your skin after. It will wear all day long. I love Lorac.

on 3/1/2017 10:36:00 AM

This is so beautiful. I'm not sure how long it has been out, but when I saw it last year I was like omg, this is so on point with the red/burgundy/rose eye trend I need it asap. I had a store credit at Kohl's after returning a gift I didn't like so I used it to go towards this. First off, the pans are HUGE. I really don't think i'll ever use them all up. I wish the pro palette pans were this big. So honestly, it's worth $42 since you get so much product and since they're so pigmented, you don't even need a lot. I do remember getting some kickback with the matte burgundy shade, but that doesn't really bother me. I bet the shimmery shades would be even prettier foiled, I need to try this. I have no issues with blending, this is just a really nice palette and formulation. I need to bust it out and use it more, especially for the shimmers. Love lorac. This palette makes me want to get the gold version and I'm not even a huge gold fan.

on 11/16/2016 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the quality and ease of Lorac shadows and the Unzipped Gold convinced me to buy this. I will say the shades in this palette suit my light, olive skin better than Unzipped Gold. On the other hand, I wish the shades were more varied in this palette. On the eye, some of the lighter shades look the same for me. The pigmentation and blending is great with this palette. With primer, the shadows last all day and I like to combine them with cream shadows to get even longer payoff. Overall, these are great everyday shades that I think would look fabulous on warm skin tones.

on 9/18/2016 3:00:00 AM

I love this palette! This is my 4th palette from Lorac and I should say this is my new favourite.

Pros:
1. The quality of the shadows is consistent with Lorac shadows. This comes on top of the list for my Lorac palettes. Close second is my Lorac Pro (first palette), then my Lorac Pro To Go and lastly my Lorac Pro Metals.
2. The shadows are buttery and soft.
3. They are all very pigmented. I have always considered Lorac shimmer shadows as pressed pigments because they are as pigmented and concentrated as shadow pigments.
4. The packaging is sleek. It comes in a thin cardboard with a sizeable mirror on the underside. It is great for travel as it does not take up too much space.
5. The pans in this palette are slightly bigger than those in Lorac Pro palettes.
6. I love the colours on this palette more than the Unzipped Gold. Dare I say, the rosy gold tones in this palette is even better than the Urban Decay Naked 3.
7. This is not limited edition so don't worry about running out of stocks.
8. This is definitely a must have and a worthy palette in every makeup lover's collection!

Cons:
1. Some shadows tend to kick up upon dipping the brush but that's only because of how soft the shadows are.
2. These are priced almost the same as the Pro palettes for lesser number of shades. Original Pro palettes come in 16 shades while this palette only has 10. But since the pans are bigger, the actual amount you're getting is actually almost the same. Still, this is a bit pricey.
3. Like any Lorac shadows, an base or primer for your lids is ideal to keep the shadows in place especially when you have oily lids. Pat on the shadows instead of brushing them on your lids for minimal fall out.
4. Tap off your brush after dipping in the shadows if you don't want to risk getting fall outs especially when you have done your face makeup prior to putting on your eyeshadow.

on 1/29/2016 10:47:00 PM

Great palette if you're looking for neutrals that you can play up. The matte burgundy color is very nice to play up your look if you're going out. The rest of the shades are very nice for day to day wear.

I want to love this palette, but I can't make this formula work for me yet. The shadows are very soft and powdery, so I tend to over apply them trying to build up the intensity of the colors, and when I blend them it's a huge muddy mess. I probably just need to use little product and be careful not to over blend.
Overall, I love every single shade, but I would recommend the Naked 3 palette over this one. These colors are beautiful, but there's not a ton of variety. The Naked 3 palette has some very interesting plummy neutrals, so I think it's more versatile. Besides, if you're a heavy handed beast like me, you'll have a hard time working with this formula.

on 12/22/2015 12:03:00 PM

This pallet is the most used pallet in my extensive collection. I rarely reach for my UD Naked pallets (1,2,3 and basic)since purchasing this pallet. I will continue to repurchase when needed.

on 10/8/2015 10:04:00 AM

This is my all time favorite eyeshadow palette! The colors are beautiful. There is no color fall-out and the texture is buttery smooth. I love this palette so much better than Urban Decay Naked3. Too much sparkle/frost in Naked3. The shimmery shadows in this palette are gorgeous and I love the matte shades. Beautiful rose-gold shades that are perfect for Fall. You will not be disappointed in this palette.

on 9/8/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

An amazing palette full of buttery, creamy rosey tones. Every single shade is so pigmented! Definitely in my top favorite palettes now (the others being Unzipped Gold, Chocolate Bar, and Kat Von D Shade & Light)