LORAC Unzipped

LORAC Unzipped
UnzippedLorac Unzipped

4.6

on 3/1/2017 10:36:00 AM

This is so beautiful. I'm not sure how long it has been out, but when I saw it last year I was like omg, this is so on point with the red/burgundy/rose eye trend I need it asap. I had a store credit at Kohl's after returning a gift I didn't like so I used it to go towards this. First off, the pans are HUGE. I really don't think i'll ever use them all up. I wish the pro palette pans were this big. So honestly, it's worth $42 since you get so much product and since they're so pigmented, you don't even need a lot. I do remember getting some kickback with the matte burgundy shade, but that doesn't really bother me. I bet the shimmery shades would be even prettier foiled, I need to try this. I have no issues with blending, this is just a really nice palette and formulation. I need to bust it out and use it more, especially for the shimmers. Love lorac. This palette makes me want to get the gold version and I'm not even a huge gold fan.

on 12/22/2015 12:03:00 PM

This pallet is the most used pallet in my extensive collection. I rarely reach for my UD Naked pallets (1,2,3 and basic)since purchasing this pallet. I will continue to repurchase when needed.

on 2/26/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

SO HAPPY WITH THIS PALETTE! one of my favourites to use, the tones in this are gorgeous. leans more towards mauve/pink shades and Im a warm coloured person but really, the colours complement my NC40 skin anyway.

the mattes are easily bendable. They are quite pigmented (not as pigmented as MELT or Anastasia Cosmetic eyeshadows, i would compare the pigmentation to Tarte) and i always start off with a little amount on my brush just to make sure that i don't screw up.
there are three mate shades and the rest are all a shimmer/glitter. there is no fallout for any of the colours.
when i layer the colours one over the other, they really blend and mesh well; i love that in a palette, when the creators have put a lot of thought into how the colours change when they layered over each other (MELT cosmetics have done a good job at this too).

the colours wear on me for a good 7 hours and then begin to fade. the shimmers tend to fade first. The eyeshadows are not the butteriest I've ever tried, but it doesnt matter because they blend well anyway. there is no smell to the eyeshadows.

packaging is cardboard, decent and generous sized eyeshadow pans. large mirror. I'm not a huge fan of cardboard eyeshadow palettes but what can you do, they store will too because they're slim.

all colours have not disappointed except for the bottom right shade called untamed. I think i may have bought a dud palette because untamed has that 'hard eyeshadow' film over the top; the film that happens to eyeshadows and you can't get the colour on your brush?? (i don't know how to explain it any other way haha) I'm not sure how to remedy this, i will try scraping it off soon to see if that works.

I purchased mine from Ulta for between $40 and $45 USD. it was the last one and i am not disappointed. I would buy this again if i lost it.

on 7/15/2014 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hands down the best palette I've ever owned. If I don't know what look I'm going for, I grab this and it works for both daytime and nighttime, as well as simple to dramatic. This is way better than the highly raved about Naked palette from UB in my opinion. The unzipped palette also photographs very well in comparison to the Naked palette. Lorac is slowly starting become one of my favorite high-end brands.

on 2/4/2014 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm underwhelmed by this palette. The packaging cardboard, which bothers me about Lorac, although I do love the Lorac Pro palette. Unzipped is not something that I would tell people to run out and buy. The colors are okay, but they all seem very similar when I apply them to the eyes. They all seem to pull orange on me which isn't what you'd think by looking at them in the pan. It's very odd. I'm quite fair so that may be a factor. I find that I can't do an eyeshadow look with this one palette, for whatever reason it never looks good alone on me. As for pigmentation it's pretty good. It's similar to the Pro palette with the buttery consistency of the shadows. To be honest, I would return it if I could! I'm just not wowed like the other reviewers seem to be, which is disappointing really.
To add to the whole Naked 3 versus Lorac Unzipped conversation, I personally prefer the Naked 3. The Naked 3 is more neutral/cool while Unzipped is far warmer. They're not that similar in my opinion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've had this product for about 6 months and I LOVE IT. The eyeshadows are very flattering on ALL eye colors. Even if you're unsure about pink-y eyeshadows, you should try this palette! The colors show up a nice rose-gold color but still looks somewhat natural. This palette is very pigmented and creamy making it easy to blend. I've created TONS of gorgeous looks with this palette. The eyeshadows colors are, also, very cohesive (you don't need to buy additional eyeshadows to complete a look). It's somewhat similar to UD Naked 3 palette. But if Naked 3 came out when I was in the process of purchasing a new palette over the summer, I still would have choose the Lorac Unzipped. Both palettes are SUPER pigmented, but the Lorac Unzipped palette looks more natural and naked-like than the actual Naked 3 palette.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this palette. I am a golden deep/dark complexion (NW 47). I was looking for a neutral palette with good pigmentation. I was going to get the UD-Naked 2 palette but I didn't want all shimmer colors. This palette has a combination of matte and shimmer colors. There are 10 colors all together; 4 are matte, 6 are shimmers, all are beautifully pigmented colors. The palette has pink, mauve, beige, gold, tan and browns. Plus, the colors are larger pots of color then the Naked 2 so I'm thinking its going to last a while. I researched so many different neutral palettes i.e. Bobbi Brown- rich chocolate, Urban Decay- Naked 2, NYX- neutral platte, physicians palette and more. They were either too much shimmer or not pigmented enough. If you are looking for a pigmented, neutral palate, with a mixture of mattes AND shimmers; THIS IS IT!

on 6/15/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I love this palette. I exchanged the UD Naked Basics palette for this and I'm glad I did. The colors are beautiful, natural and shimmery without being too dramatic. Nice colors for day or night. Stays put all day and you get a Lorac eye primer with it. Love it.