Crest 3D White Vivid Radiant Mint toothpaste

Crest 3D White Vivid Radiant Mint toothpaste

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

In light of the current reviews, and the fact that I regularly use this toothpaste, I checked out Snopes. Here's part of what is published there: In August 2014 Crest announced that even though microbeads are "completely safe," they would be phasing out their use, and all Crest products would be microbead-free by March 2016:
Q: What are Microbeads?
A: Microbeads, also known as polyethylene, are commonly used as scrubbing beads in exfoliating products and are also used to impart color, like in chewing gum and toothpaste.
Q: Is it Safe?
A: Yes. The polyethylene microbeads used in Oral Care applications are safe. Polyethylene is an FDA-approved food additive. Years of clinical research show no evidence of particles persisting underneath the gumline or causing harm. The microbeads are an inactive ingredient and not associated with any health risk. As affirmed by the American Dental Association, clinically relevant dental health studies do not indicate that the ADA Seal should be removed from toothpastes that contain polyethylene microbeads. Products with the ADA Seal have been independently evaluated for safety and effectiveness by the ADA Council on Scientific Affairs.
Q: Why are Microbeads in the toothpaste in the first place?
A: We included these beads in some of Crest's toothpastes based on the positive feedback from people who use our products. Dental professionals will attest that enjoyable toothpastes generally promote longer brushing time and thus healthier outcomes. We do understand that preferences change, so we have begun removing microbeads from our toothpastes, and the majority of our product volume will be microbead-free by March 2015. We will complete our removal process and all Crest products will be microbead-free by March 2016. We currently have products without microbeads for those who would prefer them immediately.
Q: Are Microbeads in All Crest Toothpastes?
No. Today, some of our most popular products do not contain microbeads including Crest Whitening + Scope, Crest Baking Soda Peroxide, Crest Extra Whitening, Crest Cavity, and Crest Tartar + Whitening. In those that do, we have begun removing them. In fact, the majority of our product volume will be microbead-free by March 2015. We will complete our removal process by March of 2016, well ahead of any state legislation targets.
Q: Why are you removing it from toothpaste?
A: While the ingredient in question is completely safe, approved for use in foods by the FDA and part of an enjoyable brushing experience for millions of consumers with no issues, we understand there is a growing preference for us to remove this ingredient. So we will. Crest will continue to provide consumers with effective and enjoyable products which are designed to their preferences.
As well, a federal law passed at the end of 2015 requires personal and beauty care product manufacturers to begin eliminating microbeads from their products by 2017.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Worst toothpaste I have ever tried. I used this for about 3 weeks and during those 3 weeks I got 2 canker sores inside my mouth! I have not had a canker sore in over 10 years and after using this I got 2! After doing a bit of research I found out that this was not unusual - there have been many instances of people getting canker sores after using this toothpaste. Also the little blue beads are made out of PLASTIC!!!! No thanks! Will never buy again and could never recommend

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I did not notice any results using this.
Maybe because I used peroxide fairly regular and there is not many stains to remove?
No idea but I never saw results after using two tubes and giving it a fair chance.
I do not like the taste of this line and it really did not keep my breath fresh compared to others.
I would save my money and buy regular whitening toothpaste as the results were similar.

on 7/8/2015 11:12:00 PM

This toothpaste does whiten your teeth but the effect doesn't last. I was horrified when I found out that this toothpaste contains tiny plastic beads that get into your gums. Not a god thing over long term. I no longer use Crest 3D white. This product and the 'Pro Health' products should be taken off the shelves. Not only can they cause problems for you but also the environment.

Whitens and removes stains within a few days. I've experienced minimal but temporary sensitivity, but nothing compared to whitening strips.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I live by the toothpaste! I will not use anything else! It was oddly enough given to me as a travel size, don't know how I got it, but I used it all and loved it! I had another tube of toothpaste finish off, but as soon as that was gone, went out and bought one of these and never looked back. Bought my 3rd tube today. Not only does it leave my mouth and teeth feeling so fresh and clean, I have a noticeable whiter a smile!! It's a lot slower than a whitening treatment would be, but it's worth the results! I even got my whole family and best friend switch to this toothpaste, everyone loves it! Give it a try, you will not be disappointed!!

on 1/20/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have sensitive teeth and I feel like this made then more sensitive to the point where the cold wind hurts my teeth has anyone else experienced this? Besides that my teeth do look whiter after using it I'm not quite sure how long it lasts.

on 1/4/2015 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Love. One of the few things i buy over and over again, without fail. Change leads to disappointment.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love. This. Stuff! Purchased it a week ago and I'm seeing major improvement in the colour of my teeth. I have crowded bottom teeth that are hard to clean but with this toothpaste and my electric toothbrush I have gotten most if not all the stains off within 3 days, only improving as I keep using it. Really great stuff with a mild minty taste. I use it along with my 3D white luxe mouthwash and damn are my teeth ever beautiful. I also have sensitive teeth and was afraid of how they would react to a whitening toothpaste but so far no complaints. I think in between using this i will also use my sensodyne toothpaste to make sure my enamel is doing good. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone wanting a cheaper whitening product!

on 12/27/2014 12:48:00 PM

This toothpaste does make an impact, but it's not lasting. I always feel like my teeth looks whiter and brighter right after I use it, but it doesn't last long, even the whole day. Even with continued use, the whitening effect doesn't seem to last longer or increase.

The flavor is fine; refreshing, you might say. The texture is fairly smooth despite the abrasive elements to fight against the stains. It doesn't foam up quite as much as the Crest overall health toothpaste.

The real issue I take with this is that it is very drying. Dries the mouth, dries the lips, even dried the corners of my lips to the point of causing minor cuts, flaking skin and irritation even after just a few consecutive days use.

I use it once in a while if I need a whitening boost for some reason, but definitely not regularly.

Popular Other Products