Neostrata Vitamin C Concentrate

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Neostrata Vitamin C Concentrate

4.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love capsules, so easy to use, I find you must keep the cover on the jar or they will dry out a bit and they will harden making it difficult to open. I like that this is 10% vit c, and after my skin gets used to this, I can move on to the one with 20% vitamin C. I find this much more hydrating than the vitamin C serums I'm use to. I would prefer it was thinner, and I find one capsule is barely enough to cover my skin and neck - maybe that is because my skin is super dry? I use this over my glycolic 5% smoothing cream, before my foundation primer in the morning.

on 10/31/2013 9:05:00 AM

30ml of 10% Vitamin C serum packaged in 30 individual capsules. That's great!
I have finally managed to put together a well rounded skincare routine, but as a male I also like to keep it nice and simple. Not only I'd rather not waste time, but more products tend to pile and become visible.

Prior to this I have used Kiehl's Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate which is similar, but this is better. The texture is smoother, more transparent and does not appear white. It is also much cheaper if you get it at Shoppers Drug Mart with a 20x on Optimum points when they also have the occasional 30% off on all Neostrata products.

I apply this around my eyes before sunscreen and after my BHA exfoliant. It provides additional sun protection. Since I only apply a small amount, I like the individial capsules. With Kiehl's, I'd basically just be clearing the nozzle each time. So, I just cut a small corner of a new capsule, take the amount I need, then put it down on a small tray of Vaseline face down. It seals well the opening and I can get up to 4 individual uses from each one. The serum remains stable and each capsule is like opening a brand new product.

I just cut a small corner, take the amount I need and then put it down on a small tray of vaseline. It is great at sealing the opening and one capsule can last me up to 4 individual uses.

I hope they never discontinue it because I intend to use it for a long time.