3.3

price range

Reviews

2.0

7 months ago

I’ve used Joico products before, but this shampoo and conditioner made my scalp so itchy! First my Mom tried it and then gave it to me to try and we both found that it was ineffective and poor quality.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I bought a set of this shampoo and the matching conditioner from my stylist, who recommended it for my dry, color-treated hair. This shampoo lathered well, but it never felt like it got my hair totally clean. I often found myself double-shampooing (which I rarely do) because it felt like it wasn't getting my scalp clean. I would wash/condition my hair, dry it, and style it only to find that the hair at my roots (particularly by the crown of my head) felt coated and gross, like there was some kind of build-up that wasn't getting removed. No matter how much I concentrated on that area when I shampooed, it always had that hard, greasy feel. Nasty. To add insult to injury, this dried out the ends of my already dry hair. I had the beautiful combination of flat, greasy roots and dry, puffy, frizzy ends. Lovely. I will say that this did keep my color very well-preserved and vibrant, so there's that. But who cares about the color when your hair looks like hell in every other aspect? I also didn't care for the very strong, artificial, sickly-sweet strawberry-ish scent. I gave this and the conditioner to my mom, who has a different hair type and she seems to like it pretty well. Different strokes, I guess. I'll definitely never be putting this near my head again.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

5 years ago

This is hands down the WORST shampoo I've ever used. I found it at Marshall's for half of the retail price, but it's not even worth that much (recommended retail is $15, I paid $8). My natural hair color is a very light mousey brown, but I dye it jet black so I need a really good color treatment shampoo. This does do a good job of keeping the black true to its color, but it makes my hair SO GREASY, and I have a dry scalp to begin with! Since I can't return it at this point, I'm using it as a body wash, which works just as any other, but its really sad that's what it's come down to. If you do want to try this shampoo, make sure you can buy it from a store/salon that will accept returns for liquid products.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

6 years ago

This shampoo leaves my hair feeling greasy right after I wash it. I try to wash my hair every 3 days; however, with this shampoo I have to at least wash it every other day (and I even use dry shampoo). I will not be repurchasing.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0
from

7 years ago

this is just O.K. for me, nothing special, can leave my hair a little dry and i need a diff conditioner, the matching one to this is horrible and leaves my hair looking like straw. wont repurchase as there is much better products out there.

About reviewer (189 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

7 years ago

Cleaned my fine hair ok but not great. Was oily by end of day. Used it a couple times then returned it.

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

i alternate between this shampoo the moisture recovery, and the kpak color therapy (: these shampoos rinse so clean and leave my hair tangle free thats what makes me the happiest with joicos shampoos. i love the moisture shampoo sent the most but this one is a close second (: also inbetween my last touch up my hair color hardly faded (its really sunny in Cali right now so i was expecting more fade) im very impressed with joico as i always am. they are amazing and save my hair everyday

About reviewer (183 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

This shampoo was my first foray into professional hair products in quite some time, because I am in cosmetology school I can shop at the professional beauty supply houses and yes, I get really good prices on product. Anyway, after getting my hair permanently colored with foils & a semi permanent glaze on top, I knew I had to get a top-notch shampoo, especially to retain the semi-permanent color. Firstly, you really do not have to use much of the shampoo, just a quarter sized & it lathers nicely. Secondly, one day I opted to not condition my hair one day because I needed a less soft texture for a style I was going to wear & even still, my hair was tangle free & smooth, which is rare from shampoo alone on colored hair. Lastly, it really has helped me retain my color. Semi-permanent can go from 5-15 days or so without completely rinsing out & it lasted more like twenty without much fading, though I did opt to recolor around 20 days. So, top notch product & definitely worth the price regardless where you get it.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairRed

8 years ago

I've been looking for a shampoo that is gentle yet effective for my colored, slightly dry hair. I was using Fekkai and Redken shampoos but hated how they weigh down my hair and make my roots greasy within just one day of washing. I decided to give this one a try and I surprisingly love it! It creates a very fine and milky lather and just makes my hair feel...CLEAN. It is also very gentle and does not strip my hair of moisture. The smell is nice - kind of like bananas, but it doesn't linger. I can't speak to its ability to lock in color because I haven't really noticed that. Overall, a very nice basic shampoo that does its job.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

This is my new favorite shampoo, although Ive been usig it for about a month. Ive since gone from blonde to brunette so needed something ot keep my brow from fading orangey/brassey as it tends to do. This has stopped it in it's tracks and kept me from needing to color as often. No it doesnt lather immensely but people are often mislead by that - a product doesnt have to become extremely soapy to be effective! Just work it in well and it will do it's job

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair