Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Shampoo

Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Shampoo

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, PEG-2 Cocamide, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Glycol Distearate, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Esters, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Glycerin, PEG-150 Distearate, Polyquaternium-10, Silicone Quaternium-18, Trideceth-6, Trideceth-12, Quaternium-95, Aminomethyl Propanol, Propanediol, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 5/11/2016 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I purchased this shampoo in the 1.4 fl. oz, travel size for $5.00 at a high end salon. I have a short, layered bob cut and will get at least 7 to 10 shampoos from this tiny bottle. For reference, I have dry, coarse natural silver hair and no longer color or highlight. This is a luxury, thick shampoo with a nice fragrance somewhat similar but less offensive than Pureology's Hydrate shampoo. Once applied to wet hair, the lather morphs into a luxurious plum spice fragrance. This shampoo softens and moisturizes my kinky, fine hair and works well with the Kenra blow-dry styling products I use.

Am sorry to see the few negative lippies. This shampoo may work best on natural hair without color or highlights, but could see it performing well on color and highlights too. Guess it depends on the hair type, conditioner and styling products.

on 3/14/2016 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very nice shampoo with a subtle, delicate scent that does stay around but isn't offensive. I find that this doesn't work as well if you have harder water so had to stop using this after moving, but would definitely purchase again if not for this.

Nice ingredients, excellent packaging, makes your hair shiny and healthy looking. The only downside is the price, and I feel like it does build up a little, although any build up goes away nicely with a good deep clean.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My HG moisturizing sulphate free shampoo. Don't even need conditioner after this. I have long very thick and both straight and partly slightly wavy hair.

on 8/2/2015 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As a hair care addict, I was initially reluctant to try this range. I like my hair to feel clean and I wasn't sure that I would like a sulfate free shampoo - I was most definitely wrong. After two shampoos my hair felt luxuriously clean. I was skeptical about the consistency of the conditioner (kinda felt like mayonnaise and I am used to a thicker formula) but it was extremely nourishing. I noticed an immediate difference after using these products and received quite a few compliments. My hair was shiny, lustrous, moisturised and full of body. My hair was not greasy the next day. The fragrance is average but after a few weeks, the shampoo and conditioner left my hair in the best condition it's been for a while. My blonde foiled hair was strong (hardly any breakage) and it felt silky shift without being weighed down. Take it from a skeptic and try this one, it's unlikely you'll be disappointed! Expensive but worth it

This is definately my HG shampoo and i also have to have exstra's around. It cleanses gently and is the first shampoo i find really moisturises to, and i've tried a hell of a lot! The smell is kind a special not bad or anything but very unlike others. The price is up there so i always find it on sale. I do not really mind theese thing because the shampoo makes my hair so soft and manageable unlike anything i've ever tried!

on 5/28/2015 1:09:00 PM

Best shampoo I ever tried, and I did try a lot, since hair is my weak spot. I am dying my hair, so it becomes very dry. This shampoo does really what it claims, infuses moisture into the hair.
The only problem I have with it is that it is very expensive. So, I will regularly try other ones in hope that there is a cheaper option which is equally good, but so far I have not found it and I always come back to KM.
And to be fair, It has a very thick consistency, so it lasts much longer then most of the other shampoos of the same size, so in the end, given its quality it is quite good value for the money.

on 2/18/2015 3:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This shampoo and I have a love/hate relationship. It is definitely hydrating (as it should be) BUT it is too heavy on my roots. I am pretty disappointed because I had high hopes for it but it's just not right for me. My hair is quite dry but my roots tend to get a little oily after a couple of days, when it comes time to wash my hair again... but after using this shampoo my roots feel heavy and oily straight away and leaves me wondering why I bothered to wash my hair at all! I think it would be a great product for someone with really thin dry hair. Noting the price of it I think I will just have to stick it out and use it all before I go and buy another shampoo. I think I will stay with the Kevin Murphy range but will probably go with the Young Again Wash instead.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Okay so I have to edit my initial review on this product after using it for a few months. I started to wonder if my scalp itching was not due to the shampoo but something else. I still don't know, but what I do know is that after using the shampoo for about 3 weeks to a month, my scalp no longer itched. So either it was not caused by the shampoo, or my scalp had to acclimate to it. This sometimes happens to certain people when they switch products. Anyway, I loved this product from the beginning aside from the itching and now that it doesn't make my head itch anymore I love it even more. I have already bought it 2 more times.

It smells amazing to me. Like roses and oranges. I don't find the fragrance too overwhelming though. Not perfumelike.

It really makes my hair feel clean yet very very soft and moisturized. I feel as if I could use the poo without the conditioner (sometimes- I love my conditioner).

It is a creamy texture- not runny and not too thick either, and it has a nice lather, which isn't very common for the natural/sulfate/paraben free shampoos. I don't have to use very much either, it lasts forever.

Lastly, I am a sucker for cool packaging, and it needs to be functional, meaning I want to get every last drop out of the bottle. The bottles are very sleek and stylish and unique and the way they are designed, you will get all of the product out because the cap is at the bottom so it doesn't get stuck in there. Gravity does all the of the work.

I have been telling everyone about this 'poo and I recommend everyone try it. Just make sure you get the right one for your hair type.

on 1/28/2014 11:13:00 PM

I have long highlighted blond hair. It's chronically dry. I have dry skin as well so it's not a chemically damaged situation, just dry. I've used every top end hair care line and even hydrating shampoos felt like they were stripping my hair. I had to use gobs of thick conditioner to get my hands through it after rinsing. With hydrate. Me. my hair feels nourished before getting near the hydrate.me. rinse that closes the cuticle. It's the most impressive shampoo I've ever used. It's a pretty decent value as well because although you only get 250ml of product for around $28 CAD, only a dime size amount of product is needed. The amount of lather is ridiculous. I have had my bottle for around 5 months and still have at least 1/4 left using it 2-3 times a week. This shampoo and the accompanying rinse are amazing. It will absolutely transform your hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this product. Name says it all. Just a little expensive. I find the redken extreme range much better value

Popular Shampoos