Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

NEW INGREDIENTS (green lid but check back of product) - AQUA, GLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CETEARETH-20, CITRIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, SODIUM ANISATE, SODIUM LEVULINATE, STEAROXYTRIMETHYLSILANE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.Old ingredients- Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This review is for the Cetaphil lotion that says face or body. When I first applied it my face felt dirt, heavy, and I wanted to wash it off, but I left it that night. the next morning I applied some more because my face was dry, by that night I had 2 small pimples on my face. I would not have repurchased anyway due to the feeling I had putting it on. It just felt gross. My search continues for a drugstore moisturizer that doesn't break me out.

Purchased at: Target
Price: $1.99

I got this in the mini-size in the travel section to try. I have tried and enjoyed other Cetaphil products, but didn't want to get the large bottle of this if it ended up being too hydrating or greasy on me. This is a lightweight moisturizer just as it claims. I'm sure it is awesome on the body, but it is just a little too greasy looking on my face. My face doesn't feel greasy, it feels nice but I look oily when I look in the mirror. Not a nice look. I've experimented with using smaller and smaller amounts to see if I can make it look less oily. But no success. I end up blotting my face. I probably won't repurchase this but that doesn't mean that it won't work for someone else, particularly if they have dry skin. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have used this as a moisturizer for my sensitive, dry acne prone face for nearly a decade now. It hydrates without acne or irritation but can be a little greasy. However the formula has been changed and it now doesn't hydrate my skin as well, irritates slightly and also causes increased acne- I'm not sure which ingredient is causing this, possibly the switch from macadamia to avocado oil and maybe the inclusion of caprylyl glycol, as my skin doesn't get on well with coconut derivatives. So I've been trying to stock up on back-ups of the original formula, luckily one bottle lasts me a very long time so I have plenty to last me for a while.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I buy this in the mini size in the travel toiletries section at Wal-mart. I always keep one on my desk and one in my purse. It's a fantastic simple moisturizer. I tap it under my eye if my concealer starts looking a little dry or even if I just want to brighten a bit. I'll tap my nose if my foundation starts to break down. Works great even with my oil t-zone. Also, good on the lines around my mouth. Great on the lips and hands too! It's a fantastic value.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This Lotion broke me out like crazy. My skin was in the worst condition. It was full of little bumps and had no glow. I can't believe how bad it is. It is supposed to be non-comedogenic but it isn't. Beware if you have sensitive pimple prone skin.

Nice and lightweight lotion. Gives me a moisture boost without feeling too greasy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this originally to use as a facial moisturiser after swimming, when I find the chlorinated water plays havoc with my skin making it dry and tight. It worked really well for this concern, but I never considered using it as a daily moisturiser. That was until I developed very dry skin under my bottom lip in the cold winter months. Nothing seemed to work to help improve it, so I decided to try this. After only a couple of applications – only at night before going to bed – my skin was back to normal. No more dry spots and no more soreness. I now use this as my daily, nightly moisturiser and can honestly say, I love it! My skin always feels well-moisturised but not greasy and it seems to have a plumping effect too, making my skin look and feel much brighter and smoother. One other thing I’ve noticed since using this is that I’m suffering with less breakouts, which is always a welcome bonus as far as I’m concerned.

The only slight downside to this moisturiser – and the reason for my 4/5 score – is that it doesn’t have any SPF in it. This isn’t a major problem for me as I only use it at night, but if it did have SPF I wold definitely consider using it as a daytime moisturiser as well.

I have been using this moisturiser for years now - recommended to me by a dermatologist when I was 16 or so, and I'm now 24. I have formerly oily, now normal-dry sensitive and acne-prone skin, and it has worked for me at both stages. I have found it does not break me out. I use it for body as well - in winter, it's usually enough to keep my skin moisturised despite my penchant for lying directly in front of heaters, and in summer it's light and absorbs easily. I like being able to buy it in a 1L bottle. Sometimes in very cold or dry climates, or when using a retinoid, I supplement with a thin layer of Vaseline or switch to the heavier Cetaphil cream, but usually this moisturiser is fine by itself. I sometimes apply multiple layers throughout the day. It does leave my face a little shiny, but I don't mind that look. It's not magical - no special ingredients, doesn't visibly improve my skin anymore than you would expect any moisturiser to do - but for me it's HG just because it so consistently does the basics: doesn't irritate, dry out, or break out my skin, and moisturises.

P.S. I have used both the old macadamia oil and the new avocado oil formula. Couldn't really tell the difference.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Me and my family really loved this product because it is the best lotion we had yet.
it is very effective and very good for all skin types it is light weight and good for face and body it will give the moisturized feeling and it is fragrance free and it will help you to remove pimples and acne although its very effective it is very expensice too. so i wish to the cetaphil owner to lower its price so anyone can afford it.

I am hooked on Cetaphil moisturizer. I travel to East Coast for business, and my skin becomes dry from flt and the climate in Philadelphia. My dry skin becomes so silky and smooth with this moisturizer body lotion. I recommend it for sure. Results show at first application.