Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

New ingredients (green lid) - AQUA, GLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CETEARETH-20, CITRIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, SODIUM ANISATE, SODIUM LEVULINATE, STEAROXYTRIMETHYLSILANE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.Old ingredient- Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this moisturizer specifically for wearing overnight only! I have combo skin but in the winter months, my skin gets extremely dried out to the point of cracking and bleeding (I blame sensitive skin and New England weather ugh). This is the ONLY lotion that has really saved my skin. I apply as soon as I get out of the shower and before bed, as I only shower at night. It is NOT good to wear under makeup, as my skin is too oily and my makeup will literally slide off my face.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a review for the cetaphil moisturising lotion with the green lid! TERRIBLE, gave me three massive cystic pimples on my face (only applied it around my nose and top of cheeks which is a dry area for my and i rarely break out there) And thought i would try it on my body instead and it even caused a few big break outs on my body which is extremely rare for me, wouldn't waste my $$ on this, threw it out!

To Read all 900 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm going to agree with other reviewers here about this lotion making your skin burn. My skin is very dry and sensitive, but this does not happen with every lotion I try. I tried it on the body and the face with the same result. I do not know what the culprit is, but I suspect it is not the macadamia nut oil since I have used that in other products with no burning or irritation on my skin. As well as from the burning, I did not find it to be moisturizing. If you have skin that is not quite so dry, you may like it. It is not greasy and does absorb well. I do like the fact that is has no fragrance and comes in a pump bottle.
I also have tried the Equate version of this, just to see if they reacted the same, and yes, it still burns. So many people say that doctors recommend this as well as their cleanser, which i found to be very drying, as well as their bar soap. It is more expensive than other drugstore brands that you can find that work even better. But as far as price goes, if you love it and it works, then it is always worth it; these products are just not for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cream makes my cheeks burn and turn red. Originally recommended by one of my doctors, said it was very gentle and back then I was suffering from acne. Years later, once I no longer suffered from acne I thought I'd give it another try hoping that the burning was caused because my skin was so sensitive back them...same results: red, itchy cheeks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was using this as a body moisturizer, mainly on my legs, since I ran out of Cerave. After about a week my legs started to itch. I quit the Cetaphil and no more itch. I have not compared the ingredients, but it definitely was the Cetaphil.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My absolutely fav moisturiser. You cannot go wrong with this one. Doesn't break me out or make me excessively oily. But it moisturises any dry areas perfectly and also moisturises my undereyes well. It's quite simple and basic, but it works well.

I always try others but this is my go-to and very reliable. My skin just never tires of it!

I'm on Differin and Benzoyl Peroxide, and don't know what I'd do without this stuff. I use it every night after Differin, and every morning before doing my make up...I apply very generously on areas that are especially dry, and give it time to absorb before I start my make up routine. It hydrates my face very nicely, and I also use it all around my eyes. Without Cetaphil, I would be a cracked, flakey, peel-y mess underneath my make up, this is the best make-up base for my dry/sensitive skin. It's got no SPF or antioxidants in it, just a simple, basic moisturizer...but that's okay. I mix in my sunscreen with it, and am currently on the look out for a good antioxidant serum to mix it with. Packaging is nice and sturdy, very hygienic. It should be cheaper though, since it's so basic (taking off a lippie for that).

UPDATE: I've stated above that I also use this as an under-eye moisturizer (most eye-creams give me milia, but not this). I've also started using this lotion to remove eye-make-up a few weeks ago. I apply a layer all around my eyes (and whole face if I'm in full make up), on lashes too, leave it for about 20 seconds. Then I massage for 10 seconds before I rinse it all off. It does a very decent job, but you might have to repeat if you're wearing those very difficult to remove waterproof mascara/eyeliner or heavy duty foundation (I just use extra virgin olive oil when I have those on). Now, what makes me want to stick to using Cetaphil lotion as my eye-make-up remover is what it did to my lashes. My lashes seem to be thicker (the strands look stronger, I noticed this while putting on my mascara this morning), and I have no more problems with my lashes shedding since I started using it to remove mascara. I also noticed my eyebrows getting fuller and I don't need to fill them in these days. I'm very pleased! I will add the lippie I took off.

UPDATE X2: Did some research and it turns out that Cetaphil contains macadamia nut oil, which helps with hair growth, so that's probably why my lashes/brows look fuller.

This is the best lotion ever! It is not as oily and sticky as some lotions. It is very simple but gets the job done. I don't really even need to use acne wash as long as I put Cetaphil on my face every day. This is my go to product for my skin. I have been using this product for 3 years now.

I don't find this ideal for my face. I get quite flaky skin and after chopping and changing I decided to try this. It did nothing. Just a basic moisturizer that's better than using nothing, but not as good as you could get for the same price.
A gross side effect is that when I use this around my eyes (has happened multiple times and only with cetaphil and castor oil), when I'd wake in the morning there would be chunks of white fimly goop in my eyes. They were disgusting to remove haha.
However I'm rating this highly because you can use this literally anywhere (except eye area apparently?). And at times it has been a soothing lifesaver...

I use this moisturiser almost every morning to soften my skin after a toner, and I have to say it is a pretty inexpensive simple moisturiser that can be used on your face (non comodogenic) as well as your body. It doesn't hydrate the skin a lot but for the price I say it works pretty well.