Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

I'm on Differin and Benzoyl Peroxide, and don't know what I'd do without this stuff. I use it every night after Differin, and every morning before doing my make up...I apply very generously on areas that are especially dry, and give it time to absorb before I start my make up routine. It hydrates my face very nicely, and I also use it all around my eyes. Without Cetaphil, I would be a cracked, flakey, peel-y mess underneath my make up, this is the best make-up base for my dry/sensitive skin. It's got no SPF or antioxidants in it, just a simple, basic moisturizer...but that's okay. I mix in my sunscreen with it, and am currently on the look out for a good antioxidant serum to mix it with. Packaging is nice and sturdy, very hygienic. It should be cheaper though, since it's so basic (taking off a lippie for that).

This is the best lotion ever! It is not as oily and sticky as some lotions. It is very simple but gets the job done. I don't really even need to use acne wash as long as I put Cetaphil on my face every day. This is my go to product for my skin. I have been using this product for 3 years now.

To Read all 896 Reviews, Login or Join

I don't find this ideal for my face. I get quite flaky skin and after chopping and changing I decided to try this. It did nothing. Just a basic moisturizer that's better than using nothing, but not as good as you could get for the same price.
A gross side effect is that when I use this around my eyes (has happened multiple times and only with cetaphil and castor oil), when I'd wake in the morning there would be chunks of white fimly goop in my eyes. They were disgusting to remove haha.
However I'm rating this highly because you can use this literally anywhere (except eye area apparently?). And at times it has been a soothing lifesaver...

I use this moisturiser almost every morning to soften my skin after a toner, and I have to say it is a pretty inexpensive simple moisturiser that can be used on your face (non comodogenic) as well as your body. It doesn't hydrate the skin a lot but for the price I say it works pretty well.

I've been using this for a while and it is moisturizing but it's kind of heavy and makes me look soooo oily. I have to keep up blotting all day long. Stopping using it and hoping to find a better alternative.

For about 10 months, I agonized over pinhead-sized bumps all over my forehead and along the sides of my cheeks. I researched what they could be. "Closed comedones" fit the description. They were impossible to get rid of and if you squeezed them, they'd become red and inflamed. After stopping and starting this product on 3 separate occasions, I've discovered it's the culprit. My dermatologist didn't believe cetaphil could be causing a breakout, but after discontinuing this product for good, the bumps have all but disappeared.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

When I was in high school I used to hate this & preferred Curel's body lotion. Now - 6 years later - I don't understand why, lol.

I probably used to hate the oil-like consistency, but now I realized how that allows it to truly provide longer moisturization & provide a healthy sheen to my skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best moisturizer I have ever used, really keeps my very dry skin moisturized almost all day, with no irritation at all. Yes, it's a little pricey but it's worth it as this is a superb moisturizer. I wish it was available in a handbag sized tube so I could take it to work.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

The texture is not as fancy as some other moisturizer, but the result is good. It feels a bit sticky upon application but once absorbed, it leaves a soft, supple touch. Doesn't have anything fancy, just a simple, plain moisturizer for normal to dry skin. My dermatologist says people with eczema can also use it to relieve the dryness.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I normally use jojoba oil on my face as a moisturiser but as it's winter my skin's become quite dehydrated so thought I would give this a whirl. I used a pea sized blob and whilst it did moisturise well and wasn't too greasy, it did give me spots and blocked pores. I thought this was meant to be non-comedogenic but obviously not! I then tried the lotion on the body instead, but found it really tacky and didn't sink in well at all. I wouldn't use or buy this again and it's now in the bin!