Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

NEW INGREDIENTS (green lid but check back of product) - AQUA, GLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CETEARETH-20, CITRIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, SODIUM ANISATE, SODIUM LEVULINATE, STEAROXYTRIMETHYLSILANE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.Old ingredients- Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

I honestly have to say that I love the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. Also, I did a little video review about it and if you want to know what I liked so much and want to see how it performs have a look at the video.

I use this at night time as a moisturiser or underneath a BB cream or foundation with an SPF during the day.
It's light and gentle - I think a little too light for my skin, especially at night I want something richer. But it's light and gentle and not irritating and works as a reliable inexpensive good all-round moisturiser.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

TLDR: Love this for my sensitive, dry-but-still-acne-prone skin. Dry skin types might not find this hydrating enough, though I think you could supplement it with something else if you wanted.

I go back and forth between my favorite moisturizer by Christian Dior and various drugstore staples, including Nivea and Nivea Soft. I hadn't used Cetaphil since I finished accutane because the "For very dry skin" cream formula was too heavy for my now-oil-producing skin.

Classic Nivea broke me out recently so I bought this on a whim just to see how my skin likes it during this weather transition. Honestly, so far so good. My breakout has cleared and I have developed no new blackheads or bumps since using this moisturizer. This thinner lotion formula is scentless. It absorbs right in and my skin feels soft and smooth, the lines on my forehead are also less apparent.

Because it's not a particularly rich or thick formula, I find that I do have to sometimes apply a second layer of it (especially after a hot shower). I could see this being insufficient on my very dry winter skin, but think I could probably supplement it with my Maracuja oil for more hydration.

I really like this overall, especially for the price. I'll probably start keeping some on hand regularly.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I used this for a while on both my skin and my son’s as he is prone to Irritated skin. I can’t say I was overly impressed and it didn’t transform my dry skin, nor did it improve my son’s, so I was somewhat disappointed having read so many positive reviews.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is another item in my 'cant' live without' category.

This is always in my household and is used an eye cream and a hand cream by me. This cost me £8 and I have had the same bottle for going on 2 years in my nightstand, as that bottle is used solely for my eyes, and there's still loads left. It's better than any pricey eye cream iv'e used.

The packaging isn't the flashiest, but it does what it says on the label

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Back during my Accutane course this was a life-saver. I'd been doing fine with Laneige Water Bank and the sleeping mask, but it got to the point where my skin just feel constantly tight and dried out, no matter how much of those I used or layered. I picked Cetaphil up at Walmart for quite a bargain. It seemed like a simple enough basic moisturizer - nothing fancy in there apart from some Avocado oil, Vit B5 and Vit E and a few other additions.

My biggest fear was this would somehow break me out. It felt quite rich to me, I can recall the first time I applied it was just a very tiny amount. Over the following days I applied more and more liberally as I began to realize my skin was soaking up the moisture and had no issues with Cetaphil's ingredients or heaviness. I used this twice a day and ended up going through 2 bottles of this before switching to something a bit richer. For dry skin issues and basically replenishing moisture (but without any additional benefits) I would recommend giving this a go. It's cost effective and does the job nicely.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

A good lightweight moisturizer. Sinks into skin quickly, and has never caused breakouts (I'm very acne-prone & sensitive to many lotions) or irritation. All that being said, very often it just doesn't moisturize enough -- I'll still get dry, flaky patches if I apply sunscreen or makeup on top of this. It also doesn't mix into makeup as easily as oils. Also can leave a white cast on dry skin. Still works when I'm not having a particularly dry day, though, and is a great morning moisturizer.

I used this a very long time ago. It causes breakouts and shine. It’s moisturizing and that’s why I added a star. My skin wasn’t dry at all. I wouldn’t recommend this for anyone who has acne. Try the cream instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this product a couple of times, quite average with no noticeable improvement on skin conditions (e.g. KP), had a thick texture.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I loved their face wash so I decided to give this a try. It may just be my super oily skin but I always just felt like whenever I reached for this that it would just sit on top of my skin instead of sinking down into my pores, like it left somewhat of a greasy-feeling film on my face. It advertises as this being for all skin types but I think this would be better suited for more dry skin.

The upside is that it takes half a pump to do my entire face and the bottle is absolutely HUGE and has lasted me for forever. I will probably use this on my body just to use up the product but this will no longer be touching my face.