Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

NEW INGREDIENTS (green lid but check back of product) - AQUA, GLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CETEARETH-20, CITRIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, SODIUM ANISATE, SODIUM LEVULINATE, STEAROXYTRIMETHYLSILANE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.Old ingredients- Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is seriously greasy, it doesn't actually hydrate it just sits on the skin in an oily layer. It breaks me out, clogs me and irritates my skin with little, itchy bumps. Overall a really terrible product, that I've tried way to many times to try and get to work for me. (Both the old and new formulas produce the same negative results). A massive fail for me!

Nice and lightweight lotion. Gives me a moisture boost without feeling too greasy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this originally to use as a facial moisturiser after swimming, when I find the chlorinated water plays havoc with my skin making it dry and tight. It worked really well for this concern, but I never considered using it as a daily moisturiser. That was until I developed very dry skin under my bottom lip in the cold winter months. Nothing seemed to work to help improve it, so I decided to try this. After only a couple of applications – only at night before going to bed – my skin was back to normal. No more dry spots and no more soreness. I now use this as my daily, nightly moisturiser and can honestly say, I love it! My skin always feels well-moisturised but not greasy and it seems to have a plumping effect too, making my skin look and feel much brighter and smoother. One other thing I’ve noticed since using this is that I’m suffering with less breakouts, which is always a welcome bonus as far as I’m concerned.

The only slight downside to this moisturiser – and the reason for my 4/5 score – is that it doesn’t have any SPF in it. This isn’t a major problem for me as I only use it at night, but if it did have SPF I wold definitely consider using it as a daytime moisturiser as well.

I have been using this moisturiser for years now - recommended to me by a dermatologist when I was 16 or so, and I'm now 24. I have formerly oily, now normal-dry sensitive and acne-prone skin, and it has worked for me at both stages. I have found it does not break me out. I use it for body as well - in winter, it's usually enough to keep my skin moisturised despite my penchant for lying directly in front of heaters, and in summer it's light and absorbs easily. I like being able to buy it in a 1L bottle. Sometimes in very cold or dry climates, or when using a retinoid, I supplement with a thin layer of Vaseline or switch to the heavier Cetaphil cream, but usually this moisturiser is fine by itself. I sometimes apply multiple layers throughout the day. It does leave my face a little shiny, but I don't mind that look. It's not magical - no special ingredients, doesn't visibly improve my skin anymore than you would expect any moisturiser to do - but for me it's HG just because it so consistently does the basics: doesn't irritate, dry out, or break out my skin, and moisturises.

P.S. I have used both the old macadamia oil and the new avocado oil formula. Couldn't really tell the difference.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This Lotion broke me out like crazy. My skin was in the worst condition. It was full of little bumps and had no glow. I can't believe how bad it is. It is supposed to be non-comedogenic but it isn't. Beware if you have sensitive pimple prone skin.

I am hooked on Cetaphil moisturizer. I travel to East Coast for business, and my skin becomes dry from flt and the climate in Philadelphia. My dry skin becomes so silky and smooth with this moisturizer body lotion. I recommend it for sure. Results show at first application.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Recommended by my dermatologist. I have been using it for almost 3 months now. It's a bland moisturizer which is what I need. However, it's sticky, tacky, greasy, shiny, heavy... So it's better to use it at night. Will not absorb completely into the skin. The moisturizing level of this product is good but I still needed a couple of layers to feel well hydrated. Mostly if you are using prescription cream, acne treatment or if you have dry-very-dry-dehydrated skin you will need to layer more of it. You might find that it won't be moisturizing enough. I personally do about 3-4 layers (or more) at night, letting it absorb each time before the next layer.

Another problem is that it also made my skin redder than usual (only when my skin is irritated-damaged) and sometimes made my skin itch (only when my skin is irritated-damaged). These problems went away as my damaged moisture barrier healed. Noticed a few small clogged pores, but not that often, like really small whiteheads that goes away quickly... (Not sure if it's caused by this moisturizer). It didn't made my acne worse or anything... So this is a good thing. This might work for people with normal skin with no skin problems. People with problematic or damaged skin might react to this product. I might repurchase since it works fine with my prescription cream from the dermatologist. It's not great, but good.

Also, I asked Cetaphil Canada about the ingredients change and they told me that the formula has been changed back to the old one, which is:

----

If you ask for samples on their Facebook page (Cetaphil Canada) they will send you some to try very quickly. So you can try-test their products. Also they will also send you coupons and stuff if you ask. I didn't have to ask and they provided me with coupons and more. Their customer service is very good! They are very quick to respond and to send samples.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Major breakouts not mousturizing at all.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have combination dehydrated skin. Now, to be fair, I know this is for normal to dry skin. I bought it thinking I could use it as a heavier night moisturizer. I appreciated the price and the fact that it's unscented.

I just can't do it anymore though. I was waking up in the morning a total grease face. It just made me so oily.

So I've quit it.

I'll have to use it up as hand cream or something.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Me and my family really loved this product because it is the best lotion we had yet.
it is very effective and very good for all skin types it is light weight and good for face and body it will give the moisturized feeling and it is fragrance free and it will help you to remove pimples and acne although its very effective it is very expensice too. so i wish to the cetaphil owner to lower its price so anyone can afford it.