Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

New ingredients (green lid) - AQUA, GLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CETEARETH-20, CITRIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, SODIUM ANISATE, SODIUM LEVULINATE, STEAROXYTRIMETHYLSILANE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.Old ingredients- Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Me and my family really loved this product because it is the best lotion we had yet.
it is very effective and very good for all skin types it is light weight and good for face and body it will give the moisturized feeling and it is fragrance free and it will help you to remove pimples and acne although its very effective it is very expensice too. so i wish to the cetaphil owner to lower its price so anyone can afford it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have combination dehydrated skin. Now, to be fair, I know this is for normal to dry skin. I bought it thinking I could use it as a heavier night moisturizer. I appreciated the price and the fact that it's unscented.

I just can't do it anymore though. I was waking up in the morning a total grease face. It just made me so oily.

So I've quit it.

I'll have to use it up as hand cream or something.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Major breakouts not mousturizing at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I used to use this moisturizer all the time, but I got fed up with greasy feeling it left on my skin, so I'd been trying out different moisturizers in the past year or so but its very difficult trying to find something that works for both my super dry skin without breaking me out. I (begrudgingly) came back to using this, because at least it didn't exacerbate my cystic acne and kept my dehydration at bay and I appreciate the fact its fragrance free, however it is just so horribly sticky and greasy, even on my dry skin and I started to notice that my blackhead situation got much worse after continued use, so I just wonder if was exacerbating my clogged skin for all the years I was using itl. Suffice to say, I'll never use it on my face again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Recommended by my dermatologist. I have been using it for almost 3 months now. It's a bland moisturizer which is what I need. However, it's sticky, tacky, greasy, shiny, heavy... So it's better to use it at night. Will not absorb completely into the skin. The moisturizing level of this product is good but I still needed a couple of layers to feel well hydrated. Mostly if you are using prescription cream, acne treatment or if you have dry-very-dry-dehydrated skin you will need to layer more of it. You might find that it won't be moisturizing enough. I personally do about 3-4 layers (or more) at night, letting it absorb each time before the next layer. I don't like using heavier cream, since most of them contain petroleum which clogs my pores badly. So this is a solution that works for my skin.

Another problem is that it also made my skin redder than usual (only when my skin is irritated-damaged) and sometimes made my skin itch (only when my skin is irritated-damaged). These problems went away as my damaged moisture barrier healed. Noticed a few small clogged pores, but not that often, like really small whiteheads that goes away quickly... (Not sure if it's caused by this moisturizer). It didn't made my acne worse or anything... So this is a good thing. This might work for people with normal skin with no skin problems. People with problematic or damaged skin might react to this product. I might repurchase since it works fine with my prescription cream from the dermatologist. It's not great, but good.

Also, I asked Cetaphil Canada about the ingredients change and they told me that the formula has been changed back to the old one, which is:

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i really liked the packaging and what it claims to do however after just three days of use it has left me with irritated dry patches on my face and neck, my skin is so damaged i cant stop itching it. this really is the worse lotion ever i was expecting so much better. i have used it on my legs and it seemed fine for there but my face is a mess theres no way id be able to go out with these little rashy bumps all over my face. i will continue using this for my legs just bc i dont wanna waste money but no way is it going near my face or neck

I had high expectations for this lotion, given that all the eczema community rave about Cetaphil. However, I found the formula to be way too watery and thin to be effective at all. It gets diluted even more when you are applying it on to your freshly showered, damp body.

No idea why all the hype. Plus it's not really a "economic" product if you have to keep re-applying to get the moisture/protection you need.

I'd advise you to try Lubriderm Advanced instead - it's a third of the price of Cetaphil but soooo much more effective. Try it - you'll be pleasantly surprised!

I used to use the blue cap bottle and never liked it. Bought the new green cap on a whim and can't do without it. I have seen many bad reviews of the newer version, however I've been using it everyday and find it soothing on my overly sensitive and acne prone skin. I am very happy I bought this

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let's start off with I've never really been a moisturizer kind of gal. I was one of those "I have oily skin already, why would I need to add more?" I've tried a couple high end branded moisturizers and I'm still not sold. I haven't found THE moisturizer for me but I can tell you a little bit about my experience with Cetaphil's moisturizing lotion. I've been using a vitamin C collagen booster nightly from the brand Ole Henriksen (it's eh - don't spend your money, been trying to use it up) and I had gone to the beach on Sunday (I did wash my face prior to the beach hoping all the serum that I applied the night before would go down my drain as well). Long story short, I'm an avid sunscreen face wearer to the beach but for some reason this day I didn't think I needed it due to the cloudy weather......BOY WAS I WRONG. I ended up burning my face but not the typical sun kissed glow, my face was on literal fire. For a couple days I was globbing aloe on my face, which relieved some of the heat from my face. I woke up this morning and my face was flaky, peeling, redder than ever, and not to mention DRY. I had gone on Sephora's website to see if I could find a moisturizer ASAP -- reading reviews and not even looking at the price tags at this point.....did I mention my face felt like sandpaper. I ended up just going to CVS and picking up this moisturizer -- I read reviews that it was pretty heavy and that's what I needed. I wasn't looking for an everyday moisturizer, just something that I can glob on and go make up free and not care about how you can see your reflection on my face (not that bad). As soon as I got into the car, I put it on. Let me tell you, the flakiness has subsided along with my redness. This is literally a lifesaver. I wouldn't wear this under makeup as it is pretty heavy, but as a night time moisturizer rinse off in the morning type of thing....definitely recommend.

This is an absolutely god awful product. It is the heaviest lotion I have ever used - on the way to work I ended up having to wipe all my makeup off my skin with a dry tissue as it had only been on for an hour but felt so thick, greasy and like my skin was suffocating. Have never had an experience with a moisturiser like it in my life. Never again.