Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

New ingredients (green lid) - AQUA, GLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CETEARETH-20, CITRIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, SODIUM ANISATE, SODIUM LEVULINATE, STEAROXYTRIMETHYLSILANE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.Old ingredient- Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I used this lotion on and off for years and I appreciate the face that it didn't irritate my skin, that was the extent of any positives. I recently tried it again and couldn't believe just how greasy, shiny and sticky it looks/feels on even dry skin, my face also started to break out in pimples and I now actually wonder if it contributed to my acne issues in the past. Yes, if you are having a major case of dry skin it might help, but I can't imagine ever using it on a long term basis again.

I used to use the blue cap bottle and never liked it. Bought the new green cap on a whim and can't do without it. I have seen many bad reviews of the newer version, however I've been using it everyday and find it soothing on my overly sensitive and acne prone skin. I am very happy I bought this

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let's start off with I've never really been a moisturizer kind of gal. I was one of those "I have oily skin already, why would I need to add more?" I've tried a couple high end branded moisturizers and I'm still not sold. I haven't found THE moisturizer for me but I can tell you a little bit about my experience with Cetaphil's moisturizing lotion. I've been using a vitamin C collagen booster nightly from the brand Ole Henriksen (it's eh - don't spend your money, been trying to use it up) and I had gone to the beach on Sunday (I did wash my face prior to the beach hoping all the serum that I applied the night before would go down my drain as well). Long story short, I'm an avid sunscreen face wearer to the beach but for some reason this day I didn't think I needed it due to the cloudy weather......BOY WAS I WRONG. I ended up burning my face but not the typical sun kissed glow, my face was on literal fire. For a couple days I was globbing aloe on my face, which relieved some of the heat from my face. I woke up this morning and my face was flaky, peeling, redder than ever, and not to mention DRY. I had gone on Sephora's website to see if I could find a moisturizer ASAP -- reading reviews and not even looking at the price tags at this point.....did I mention my face felt like sandpaper. I ended up just going to CVS and picking up this moisturizer -- I read reviews that it was pretty heavy and that's what I needed. I wasn't looking for an everyday moisturizer, just something that I can glob on and go make up free and not care about how you can see your reflection on my face (not that bad). As soon as I got into the car, I put it on. Let me tell you, the flakiness has subsided along with my redness. This is literally a lifesaver. I wouldn't wear this under makeup as it is pretty heavy, but as a night time moisturizer rinse off in the morning type of thing....definitely recommend.

This is an absolutely god awful product. It is the heaviest lotion I have ever used - on the way to work I ended up having to wipe all my makeup off my skin with a dry tissue as it had only been on for an hour but felt so thick, greasy and like my skin was suffocating. Have never had an experience with a moisturiser like it in my life. Never again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this moisturizer specifically for wearing overnight only! I have combo skin but in the winter months, my skin gets extremely dried out to the point of cracking and bleeding (I blame sensitive skin and New England weather ugh). This is the ONLY lotion that has really saved my skin. I apply as soon as I get out of the shower and before bed, as I only shower at night. It is NOT good to wear under makeup, as my skin is too oily and my makeup will literally slide off my face.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a review for the cetaphil moisturising lotion with the green lid! TERRIBLE, gave me three massive cystic pimples on my face (only applied it around my nose and top of cheeks which is a dry area for my and i rarely break out there) And thought i would try it on my body instead and it even caused a few big break outs on my body which is extremely rare for me, wouldn't waste my $$ on this, threw it out!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm going to agree with other reviewers here about this lotion making your skin burn. My skin is very dry and sensitive, but this does not happen with every lotion I try. I tried it on the body and the face with the same result. I do not know what the culprit is, but I suspect it is not the macadamia nut oil since I have used that in other products with no burning or irritation on my skin. As well as from the burning, I did not find it to be moisturizing. If you have skin that is not quite so dry, you may like it. It is not greasy and does absorb well. I do like the fact that is has no fragrance and comes in a pump bottle.
I also have tried the Equate version of this, just to see if they reacted the same, and yes, it still burns. So many people say that doctors recommend this as well as their cleanser, which i found to be very drying, as well as their bar soap. It is more expensive than other drugstore brands that you can find that work even better. But as far as price goes, if you love it and it works, then it is always worth it; these products are just not for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cream makes my cheeks burn and turn red. Originally recommended by one of my doctors, said it was very gentle and back then I was suffering from acne. Years later, once I no longer suffered from acne I thought I'd give it another try hoping that the burning was caused because my skin was so sensitive back them...same results: red, itchy cheeks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was using this as a body moisturizer, mainly on my legs, since I ran out of Cerave. After about a week my legs started to itch. I quit the Cetaphil and no more itch. I have not compared the ingredients, but it definitely was the Cetaphil.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My absolutely fav moisturiser. You cannot go wrong with this one. Doesn't break me out or make me excessively oily. But it moisturises any dry areas perfectly and also moisturises my undereyes well. It's quite simple and basic, but it works well.

I always try others but this is my go-to and very reliable. My skin just never tires of it!