Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

NEW INGREDIENTS (green lid but check back of product) - AQUA, GLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CETEARETH-20, CITRIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, SODIUM ANISATE, SODIUM LEVULINATE, STEAROXYTRIMETHYLSILANE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE.Old ingredients- Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Back during my Accutane course this was a life-saver. I'd been doing fine with Laneige Water Bank and the sleeping mask, but it got to the point where my skin just feel constantly tight and dried out, no matter how much of those I used or layered. I picked Cetaphil up at Walmart for quite a bargain. It seemed like a simple enough basic moisturizer - nothing fancy in there apart from some Avocado oil, Vit B5 and Vit E and a few other additions.

My biggest fear was this would somehow break me out. It felt quite rich to me, I can recall the first time I applied it was just a very tiny amount. Over the following days I applied more and more liberally as I began to realize my skin was soaking up the moisture and had no issues with Cetaphil's ingredients or heaviness. I used this twice a day and ended up going through 2 bottles of this before switching to something a bit richer. For dry skin issues and basically replenishing moisture (but without any additional benefits) I would recommend giving this a go. It's cost effective and does the job nicely.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

A good lightweight moisturizer. Sinks into skin quickly, and has never caused breakouts (I'm very acne-prone & sensitive to many lotions) or irritation. All that being said, very often it just doesn't moisturize enough -- I'll still get dry, flaky patches if I apply sunscreen or makeup on top of this. It also doesn't mix into makeup as easily as oils. Also can leave a white cast on dry skin. Still works when I'm not having a particularly dry day, though, and is a great morning moisturizer.

I used this a very long time ago. It causes breakouts and shine. It’s moisturizing and that’s why I added a star. My skin wasn’t dry at all. I wouldn’t recommend this for anyone who has acne. Try the cream instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this product a couple of times, quite average with no noticeable improvement on skin conditions (e.g. KP), had a thick texture.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I loved their face wash so I decided to give this a try. It may just be my super oily skin but I always just felt like whenever I reached for this that it would just sit on top of my skin instead of sinking down into my pores, like it left somewhat of a greasy-feeling film on my face. It advertises as this being for all skin types but I think this would be better suited for more dry skin.

The upside is that it takes half a pump to do my entire face and the bottle is absolutely HUGE and has lasted me for forever. I will probably use this on my body just to use up the product but this will no longer be touching my face.

This is a review for Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for Face & Body (Sensitive). I have been using this for 2 weeks and love the results so far. The dry patches on my face are clearing up and fine lines around eyes and on forehead look softer. It doesn't feel greasy and absorbs nicely.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this and the cetaphil cleanser at TJ Maxx, of all places, when I was visiting home in Toronto. I thought, well why not, I need a cleanser and some moisturizer while I;m here and can't beat the price ! It was almost free !
Its not available here in Switzerland, and based on the low price, I bought three each of them to bring back here with me.

I was quite surprised to see small pimples the morning after I used the cleanser. At first I thought, no way , it must be something else I used or the combination of this and my serum.. I tried it again using no other products and once again two tiny pimples appeared. I have dry skin and rarely if ever have pimples.

I can't see how its non comedogenic , as for sure it broke me out !

I will use it on my body, along with the cleaners, but it wont be touching my face again.

I'm always looking for great inexpensive products, but neither of these worked for me.

Bought this because Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is my HG cleanser, but unfortunately, this product is not for me. Maybe because I have oily skin and this product was too heavy? I don't know, but it left so many clogged pores or grits on my chin! I stopped using it and got rid of the grits/comedones with the help of Epiduo.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This review is for the Cetaphil lotion that says face or body. When I first applied it my face felt dirt, heavy, and I wanted to wash it off, but I left it that night. the next morning I applied some more because my face was dry, by that night I had 2 small pimples on my face. I would not have repurchased anyway due to the feeling I had putting it on. It just felt gross. My search continues for a drugstore moisturizer that doesn't break me out.

Purchased at: Target
Price: $1.99

I got this in the mini-size in the travel section to try. I have tried and enjoyed other Cetaphil products, but didn't want to get the large bottle of this if it ended up being too hydrating or greasy on me. This is a lightweight moisturizer just as it claims. I'm sure it is awesome on the body, but it is just a little too greasy looking on my face. My face doesn't feel greasy, it feels nice but I look oily when I look in the mirror. Not a nice look. I've experimented with using smaller and smaller amounts to see if I can make it look less oily. But no success. I end up blotting my face. I probably won't repurchase this but that doesn't mean that it won't work for someone else, particularly if they have dry skin. :)