Skincare Cosmetics Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Facial Serum

Filtered by age: 25-29
Skincare Cosmetics Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Facial Serum
Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Facial Serum

4.5

Water (Aqua), C-12-15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Retinyl Palmitate, Isostearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Cyclomethicone, Sorbitan Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben. Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl MethyIsilanol Pectinate, Beta-Carotene

I debated whether to give this a 3 or 4 and finally went with a 4 because in the end, it did improve my skin. I used the whole bottle before I decided to do this review, so I could give an accurate review.

I don't think the retinol in this product is very powerful as it's retinyl palmitate, which is basically an antioxidant. However, it did make my skin pretty smooth and never broke me out or caused any irritations. I used it under some avocado oil at night and sometimes, I'd use it before my foundation in the morning. It never balled or pilled and mixed well with my day time moisturizer.

So, to sum up: progressively smoothed my skin, but didn't do anything for my pores or dark spots. All in all, not a bad product if you're on a budget. It's about $11 at Sally's.

on 3/28/2011 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This product is only sold at Ulta as Retinol brand AntiWrinkle Facial Serum. I got this product because retinoids are the only FDA proven ingredient to prevent wrinkles. I have used other retinol and retinoids (Rx) products in the past that irritated my skin so I thought of trying this drug store version from ulta. This is a great knock off of Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM. I use proactiv system daily and it is a god send for acne (benzoyl, aha, and glycolic) but it doesnt help with my texture, pore size, and I also should be using an antiaging product now since Im getting older. I got this serum to use help with that. So i use my proactiv system, this serum, and any oil free night moisturizer. On my first night using this serum, I woke up with virtually no pores!!!! no joke! I was so impressed by the smoothness of my skin. Peels and facials cause my face to be smooth, but I achieved it overnight by this product. I used the next night, and it does not irritate my skin. For a retinol product, this is great news, because retinol is harsh. But this product is divine. It holds 500,000 IU units of vitamin A (retinol). The serum soaks into my skin without being oily or greasy. I also find that it virtually has no fragrance. It comes in a dropper bottle, and I use one dropper squeeze per night. I will continue to use this and update my review. I know several people say once you start using a retinol, you can get breakouts (a purging period), I will let you know If I break out. I am using proactiv, so it could prevent that. I hope to achieve small pore size, smooth texture, and prevent wrinkles for occuring, If I continue to get these results from this product, this will be my HG antiaging treatment. EDIT: ok peeps, I found out from another MUAer that this serum is also available at Sallys for half the price. Oh by the way, this contains .5% retinol which is a good percentage for a small price. Roc skincare line has .2 for the same price.