Equate Ultra-Gentle Facial Moisturizer (Oil Free)

Equate Ultra-Gentle Facial Moisturizer (Oil Free)
Ultra-Gentle Facial Moisturizer (Oil Free)

4.4

water, glycerin, ethylhexyl palmitate, dimethicone, petrolatum, cyclomethicone, glycine soja (soybean) sterols, isopropyl isostearate, cetyl alcohol, PEG-10 soy sterol, glyceryl stearate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, carbomer, tetrasodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide, diazolidinyl urea, ethylparaben, methyparaben, propylparaben.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily skin and bought this as a "dupe" Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer to help control the oil. I put this on after my skin care routine to control oil and well... it wasn't the best for my oil control. I was going to return it for I had no use for it. But then the acne cleanser I've been using seriously dried my skin out and i had dry and sensitive patches all over my face. This lotion seriously helped with that situation, it helped with the dry patches within 3 days of using it. Would recommend for dry and sensitive skin or patches, not so much for people with oily skin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

MUA made me buy it for all of $8.97 CAD at Walmart.

I had tired of my previous moisturizer making my skin feel so greasy when I woke up in the morning (cough, Cetaphil, cough).

When I stumbled across glowing reviews of this moisturizer here, I thought I'd give it a spin! Lots of product, little price, good reviews, scent free, all things I look for.

I use one pump at night in my neck and face. It feels fresh and moisturized but it actually sinks in so my combo skin doesn't feel greasy in the morning. Winning!

Actually, since using this my skin had improved, it just looks brighter and glowy somehow. It's been looking really good!

I was about to buy something 3x as much, but forget that! I'll be sticking with this moisturizer, thanks.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really good daily moisturizer for all kinds of skin. It feels pretty light-weight but it does its job well moisturizing. It doesn't smell, the consistency is not too thick but not too watered down either. It keeps skin fairly moisturized throughout the day. It's not a heavy-duty, super creamy moisturizer, so I wouldn't buy this if your skin is super dry or if it's winter, you might need something a lot more thicker. This is great for daily use and holds up in the most humid weather, even. I have combo skin and this does not exacerbate my oiliness in my t-zone. I also like how it's fragrance-free and non-comedogenic, being true to its intentions in making your skin healthy and soft! I'm currently trying out Boscia's Oil Free moisturizer and it is quite comparable to this one, although I think this one is a lot better because it makes my skin feel adequately moisturized and hydrated without any greasy or too-matte feeling. My face just drinks this up. Would recommend this to anyone, especially if you're a beginner and building up your skin care. This was my first moisturizer and I don't regret buying this at all. For $6, this is an amazing deal.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not too thick not too light. A basic moisturizer that I have started using since switching up my routine to washing only with Panoxyl followed by this. Decided I need to cut down my skincare routine to the bare minimum to see how my acne improves. Price is right at $7 instead of $11 for the Neutrogena kind which I've never tried.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I read all these great reviews on here and decided to give this a try. My skin is very sensitive, oily, and acne prone. This stuff just feels too thick and heavy on my skin. It leaves a shine behind, and takes FOREVER to sink in. Once it sinks in, its okay, but I can't be a shiny/greasy mess for like an hour until it sinks in. Even though its supposed to be gentle my face always gets very red when I apply it. I'll be returning this. If you have oily skin, stay away!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

They updated the bottle so this review on the most current version of this product. I found this randomly in my bathroom and was like what the heck, might as well try it. I was actually very surprised by the results. Its a good moisturizer. I have combination skin and very mild acne. The effects on my skin were amazing. I was VERY SURPRISED to notice that it shrunk my pores! I've tried almost very product and toner to shrink my pores. Yet, this did the job amazingly well ironicly! Also it evened out my skin tone which is already pretty fair to various skin tone evening products I use. I'd highly recommend this product to anyone.

on 2/25/2015 10:01:00 AM

For the past few years, I have tried other moisturizers and I keep coming back to this one. I have extremely acne-prone skin and break out if my face is too oily or too dry. This keeps my face balanced. Perfectly moisturized and plump, while not making me break out. This is my HG of moisturizers, and the price is much better than Neutrogena. It used to be a few dollars cheaper at WalMart, but it's still worth the money.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

What triggered me to purchase this is because it was being compared to the Neutrogena one and had the same ingredients for a lower price. My skin is very sensitive and it even states in can be used on sensitive skin but it made my skin itch and have a burning sensation :( worse thing ever. Don't recommend but that's just me.

on 6/29/2014 3:43:00 PM

I had just started using Mary Kay time wise and unfortunately I received the oily to combo when i was suppose to receive the dry to combo. My face was so dry it was chapping my eyes and gums, I needed an immediate fix. I found the great reviews for this product and felt immediate relief as soon as I started using it. I have very sensitive skin and have to be very careful what i put in my face but this moisturizer is a dream for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This Equate oil-free sensitive skin moisturizer is the best one I have used to date! I tend to have oily skin that is very acne-prone. So EVERY moisturizer I used has not been conducive to my skin type. Either it contained irritating acne-fighting ingredients, clogging SPF, too thick, too greasy, caused breakouts, can only use @certain times of the day, cant be used under makeup, DIDNT moisturize, or a culmination of all these shortcomings. So I stopped using moisturizers because I couldnt find one that worked effectively with my skin. As a result, my skin suffered because it was dry, with a visibly unhealthy and uneven skintone. I came across this moisturizer because I found it in my moms beauty cabinet. I read the bottle and decided to try it- I went to Wal-Mart the next day and bought it for $7(4 oz.).
I have been using this moisturizer for 5 days(total of 15x ,so far) and its the perfect moisturizer to my daily skin care regimen. I use it 3x/day (morning/after work/ and night) on freshly cleansed skin and experience NO issues. My texture AND tone has improved so much-Im quickly on my way to a FOUNDATION-FREE SUMMER- what girl doesn't want that?!? :-P

Things I LOVE about this moisturizer:
Pump top: hygienic/dispenses the perfect amount for face and neck/prevents over-use.
Feather-weight but heavy moisturizing
Extremely smooth texture/ Glides onto skin and absorbs quickly
No greasiness/ oiliness
Sans irritating acne-fighting ingredients (i.e. benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid)
I DONT have to supplement it with a heavier emollient, such as Aquaphor.
I wear it in everyway: day, night, alone, under makeup; and each way it works perfectly.
Perfectly and evenly moisturizes(i.e.:no dry patches with oily spots)
Perfect moisturizer to my daily skin care regimen/ use this moisturizer 3x/day
No allergic reaction
COMPLETELY AIDING IN EVENING MY SKIN TONE AND TEXTURE.MY SKIN LOOKS PLUMP AND MOIST (probably due, partly, to the Glycerin Soja(Soybean).
NO SPF (I love that- SPF tends to break me out)
About $7 (4oz.)
For sensitive skin
Oil free
Non-comedogenic
No strong fragrance
Clean, straightforward packaging

I will NEVER stop buying or using this product. Hopefully Equate never alters the ingredients or drops this product from manufacturing!