Living Proof Full Shampoo

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

3.0

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (aka Sodium Dodecanoate Methyl-2-SulfoEthyl ester), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Lactamide MEA, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance/Parfum, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (PolyfluoroEster), Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-47, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 12/17/2016 9:24:00 PM

Okay, I know I've reviewed like 5 shampoos in the past year but forget all those. THIS is the shampoo my hair has needed for forever. My hair is fine, oily and I have well water so I need a shampoo that actually cleans my hair, thank you very much. I was browsing sephora and the ladies in the skincare / hair section are usually super pushy but instead of telling her to leave me alone I actually asked her to recommend something?? She told me to try this one so I said ok & put one in my basket. I dunno, present for myself I guess lol. When I read that this was sulfate free on the bottle I though ugh.. this will probably be a return. But nope it's awesome. First of all it smells so clean & fresh .. it's supposed to be grapefruit I think. Love it. And i get tons& tons of bubbles with this, it's amazing especially for sulfate free. Rinses out completely and keeps my hair clean for almost 2 days (I stretch washes but only get nice/clean hair @ the roots for about a day and a half no matter what I do). Basically it's my new favorite shampoo.. living proof could become a new expensive habit for me. Or not since I just read they got bought out by Unilever. But for now I will definitely repurchase(and try the conditioner)

on 3/13/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this with high hopes but the overpowering synthetic scent is disgusting. WHY do manufacturers think they can decide what I want to smell like?? Women wear so many products, and if each one is heavily scented, what a disaster. To say nothing of how cheap chemicals actually disrupt our hormones.

The shampoo seemed to make my hair fuller, but the smell precludes further use.

on 7/30/2014 7:02:00 PM

This review is actually for the shampoo used with the matching conditioner (since I never use shampoo just by itself). My hair is fine and wavy, and I am always looking for hair products which give it volume without drying it out. Living Proof gives me some volume, although not as much as I had hoped for; however, what I really love is how it makes my hair look super shiny and healthy. Volumizing shampoos tend to make my hair look dried out and damaged, but this one doesn't! It's very expensive ($30 Canadian for a bottle) but if I use only a small amount at a time, I think I can make it last a long time.

on 3/21/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

i am completely baffled as to why so few people have mentioned the scent of this product line, and that the few who do feel that it has some light citrus or orange scent. these products are perhaps the most heavily perfumed i have ever tried (i sampled the thickening shampoo, thickening creme and root lift spray). if you don't like perfume, beware! it smells exactly like raid "country scent", and yes, the scent really lingers. do the products work? i don't know, i had to rinse them out of my hair immediately because the scent was so horrifying. such a shame. if you like heavy floral perfume-ignore this review!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought the small sample size of this from Mecca as I was in depsperate need of a new shampoo for my thick, wavy hair that I like to blow wave straight. I have a sensitive scalp and as this has no sulfates I thought I would give it a try. The first 2 washes were great, my hair came out soft and shiny and my scalp wasn't irritated. But now after about 5 washes I'm finding that my hair is looking dull, dry and a little bit dirty. My scalp has also gotten used to it hence irritation. Will not use again.

on 6/25/2011 5:07:00 PM

This review is for both the shampoo and conditioner since used together.

LOVE:
Leaves hair feeling super clean (blowout lasts 2 days)
Does give nice volume - hair definitely looks fuller
Leaves hair shiny
Scent - lemongrass. At first I wasn't a fan, but it has definitely grown on me. Very subtle; smells natural and clean.

Do not love:
Price - very expensive!
Packaging - Absolute garbage. It's very tough to squeeze the product out after just a few uses. The bottle just collapses on itself and everything gets trapped inside.
Doesn't leave hair super soft, it can feel a little dry
Sometimes makes me a bit frizzy, especially the first day of the wash

I was really impressed by this stuff at first, but I wouldn't buy it again. The cons outweigh the pros.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just decided to try this out since this line just came into our local Cosmoprof.
The prices are pretty good and I wasnt sure if it was worth trying.

Well so far the shampoo cleanses the hair so beautifully and leavs your hair soft and ready for the conditioner. Your hair feels clean but not so clean that you need a mega amount of conditioner to moisturize your hair.

The smell isnt horrible but its not the best. it smells of lemongrass so its a fresh scent.. so far I like the way it dosent weigh down my hair but we shall see and I will have to come back to review