Living Proof Full Shampoo

No Image

3.3

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (aka Sodium Dodecanoate Methyl-2-SulfoEthyl ester), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Lactamide MEA, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance/Parfum, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (PolyfluoroEster), Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-47, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have been on a quest to find a new daily shampoo as I've moved and no longer have access to the salon brand I was using. I was excited to try this as I'd heard good reviews from several friends. In terms of lathering up it was nice, I didn't care much for the smell of it though and it was incredibly difficult to comb out my hair after using. Once I applied a leave in conditioner I was able to comb through my hair. The reason I won't be finishing the bottle or repurchasing is it created an almost instantaneous itch that after three uses I just couldn't get past. This has happened in the past with other shampoos though so take that with a grain of salt.

on 4/14/2017 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have seborrhea and this is the first sulphate free shampoo that I try that I find decent. I till prefer a gentle sulphate shampoo over this, but this is gentle enough and rinses clean. It's good to use in a rotation alternate between that and my HG shampoo with sulphate OGX eucalyptus mint.Volume wise I never really see much difference with shampoo it's more in the styling products and blow out technique.

However all this is not my HG and I wouldn't use it at every wash but it's better than I thought.

If you can afford it and have a sensitive scalp I would give this one a try.

on 3/19/2017 10:55:00 PM

I'm really shocked this doesn't have a 4 start rating. This is the best shampoo I've used. It cleanses thoroughly without giving my hair either that stripped feeling or gross buildup all drugstore shampoos seem to. I wish it was cheaper but unless I find something else sulfate free that leave my hair feeling as soft I will be coming back to this.

on 12/17/2016 9:24:00 PM

Okay, I know I've reviewed like 5 shampoos in the past year but forget all those. THIS is the shampoo my hair has needed for forever. My hair is fine, oily and I have well water so I need a shampoo that actually cleans my hair, thank you very much. I was browsing sephora and the ladies in the skincare / hair section are usually super pushy but instead of telling her to leave me alone I actually asked her to recommend something?? She told me to try this one so I said ok & put one in my basket. I dunno, present for myself I guess lol. When I read that this was sulfate free on the bottle I though ugh.. this will probably be a return. But nope it's awesome. First of all it smells so clean & fresh .. it's supposed to be grapefruit I think. Love it. And i get tons& tons of bubbles with this, it's amazing especially for sulfate free. Rinses out completely and keeps my hair clean for almost 2 days (I stretch washes but only get nice/clean hair @ the roots for about a day and a half no matter what I do). Basically it's my new favorite shampoo.. living proof could become a new expensive habit for me. Or not since I just read they got bought out by Unilever. But for now I will definitely repurchase(and try the conditioner)

on 1/28/2017 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Made zero difference to my hair's (lack of) volume.
I have very fine and sparse hair, just past shoulder length and prone to oiliness.
I'm always on the look out for products to give me full and luscious locks. I've used the same brands PHD Shampoo & Conditioner (S&C) and I love, love, LOVE the result (truly my HG S&C) and was hoping this would be an improvement. Not so!
I purchased both S&C and a small bottle of the thickening cream (which was great, btw). This stuff did nothing for volume, fullness, body etc etc. Like nothing, zip, nada. To add insult to injury, it actually seemed to add to the oiliness and thus make my hair even flatter! boo! Unlike the PHD line, this didnt make my hair super shiny and soft, either.
The texture of the shampoo is pretty standard and gives a good lather. The texture of the conditioner is somewhat thick for a volumising conditioner and certainly did provide enough hydration and 'slip' which made brushing easy. No silicones either, which is a bonus. The scent for both is mild, inoffensive 'fresh' type scent.
But, as far as volumising goes- fail. For a decent, every day S&C it's fine- but why buy this when you could get PHD and having an AMAZING every day S&C?
I recommend picking up the travel size kit first and see if this works for your hair type. Sadly didnt work for me :(

on 12/20/2016 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This shampoo did not work for me. I have been searching for a sulfate free shampoo as I wear tape in hair extensions and figured I would try this one. The first time I used it my hair was great it was clean and soft. The second time I used it my hair felt coated in wax, dirty and greasy. I washed my hair and the morning and as soon as I got home had to wash it again with clarifying shampoo. Tried this for another week and same greasy results. I'm glad I bought the trial size. This stuff is expensive!!!!

on 3/13/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this with high hopes but the overpowering synthetic scent is disgusting. WHY do manufacturers think they can decide what I want to smell like?? Women wear so many products, and if each one is heavily scented, what a disaster. To say nothing of how cheap chemicals actually disrupt our hormones.

The shampoo seemed to make my hair fuller, but the smell precludes further use.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

No matter what else I try, I just keep coming back to this shampoo!

on 1/1/2015 7:25:00 AM

This shampoo smells lovely and it did thicken my hair to a degree.I liked it but probably not enough to spend 20 plus on it again.

I love using this shampoo (and the conditioner and sometimes the thickening cream) but I can't afford it all the time. It is a luxury for me. My hair is really fine though and I do see a difference using this shampoo! I personally like the scent.