Living Proof Full Shampoo

3.2

Water/Eau/Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate (aka Sodium Dodecanoate Methyl-2-SulfoEthyl ester), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, Lactamide MEA, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Fragrance/Parfum, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (PolyfluoroEster), Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-47, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 3/13/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this with high hopes but the overpowering synthetic scent is disgusting. WHY do manufacturers think they can decide what I want to smell like?? Women wear so many products, and if each one is heavily scented, what a disaster. To say nothing of how cheap chemicals actually disrupt our hormones.

The shampoo seemed to make my hair fuller, but the smell precludes further use.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

No matter what else I try, I just keep coming back to this shampoo!

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/1/2015 7:25:00 AM

This shampoo smells lovely and it did thicken my hair to a degree.I liked it but probably not enough to spend 20 plus on it again.

on 10/28/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am loving this shampoo. Last year I went through a phase while I was shocked and depressed and cut my hair to a pixie cut which was an awful idea given my face shape. Not to mention I dyed my hair electric blue. Then I've been growing it out in various bobs (Aline, etc); my hair is wavy and was quite thick but has been thinning out as I age (sob). This shampoo is amazing. It does slightly thicken the hair (nothing to ooh and aah over though) but it cleans really nicely, keeps it clean looking for 2 solid days (great given my oil scalp) and best of all it gives it bounce and shine (unlike B&B) with NO buildup, flakes (which I've noticed with Alterna and Phyto). Also, I am loving that this is keeping my hair color true even though its not marketed as a color preserving shampoo necessarily. I have subtle gold highlights in my brown hair and everyone just keeps commenting that my hair looks so great after summer sun-kissed-ness. I'll probably stick with this shampoo till I find something better though I'm not running out the door to look for anything new since I'm pretty darn satisfied at the moment. It comes with a snap top that can be tough to crack in the shower but at least you never waste product; I like that its clear and not too heavily fragranced, is a slip proof bottle and doesn't cost an arm and a leg (yeah its about 30 bucks but not too hefty for me I guess). I don't use the conditioner with this, I just put on some Phyto 7 afterwards on damp hair, though I must say this pairs really well with other Living Proof volumizing products like Amp and Lifting hairspray. New favorite hair brand!

on 7/30/2014 7:02:00 PM

This review is actually for the shampoo used with the matching conditioner (since I never use shampoo just by itself). My hair is fine and wavy, and I am always looking for hair products which give it volume without drying it out. Living Proof gives me some volume, although not as much as I had hoped for; however, what I really love is how it makes my hair look super shiny and healthy. Volumizing shampoos tend to make my hair look dried out and damaged, but this one doesn't! It's very expensive ($30 Canadian for a bottle) but if I use only a small amount at a time, I think I can make it last a long time.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This produduct is a dream came true!!! I can't belive that I finnaly found the perfect shampoo.
My hair is fine, a little thinning and medium lenght and I;m trying to growing it out. This shampoo helps me so much, as it makes my hair very very shiny, with a lot of mouvement (whitch is the most important for me) and a volume that is natural and very youthfull, it looks like the hair of 10 yers old girl ( I have 30).
So, if you have fine hair, this is the product of your dreams. I don't care about the price, it;s worth it!!!It smells great, makes a lot of foam and the result is amazing! you look like caming out of the hairdresser, but with very natural and touchable hair :) Amazing!I'll pourchase also the others products of the range for fine hair.

on 3/21/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

i am completely baffled as to why so few people have mentioned the scent of this product line, and that the few who do feel that it has some light citrus or orange scent. these products are perhaps the most heavily perfumed i have ever tried (i sampled the thickening shampoo, thickening creme and root lift spray). if you don't like perfume, beware! it smells exactly like raid "country scent", and yes, the scent really lingers. do the products work? i don't know, i had to rinse them out of my hair immediately because the scent was so horrifying. such a shame. if you like heavy floral perfume-ignore this review!

on 2/3/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the small bottles of full thickening shampoo and conditioner. Yes there are no sulfates but the other ingredients are just as harmful. The next day, my hair was very greasy and needed to be washed again.

I got a bottle of this for gratis at work, and it's just OK. It dries my hair out when I use it, and then I have to overcompensate with conditioner. Meh.

on 11/12/2013 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Super disappointed. Tried using this for a week and had to return it. It made my straight hair feel thinner and more lifeless than before. I had to counteract the ill effects by adding in a lot of thickening styling cream and root boosters. Made styling a very frustrating experience.

Popular Shampoos