La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra Soothing Face Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra Soothing Face Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin
Toleriane Ultra Soothing Face Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin

4.1

AQUA / WATER, ISOCETYL STEARATE, COCO-CAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, SQUALANE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, GLYCERIN, PROPANEDIOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, NIACINAMIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER

on 2/14/2019 5:01:00 AM

I cant say that it is not a good product but its definately not for my skin. I got a sample of it and used it a couple times. Its thick in consistancy and i have kinda oily skin (mostly on forehead and around nose). So it feels a bit suffocating and heavy when i wear it. I prefer moisturizers with freshness feel so i will try the fluide version next time.

on 1/5/2019 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The skin around my eyes and on my cheekbones became very sensitive because of using vitamin E oil (again...when will I learn?). I remembered I had a free bottle of Toleriane Ultra which I dug out and slapped on. It felt incredibly soothing, hydrating and softening right from the first application.
A couple of days later I bought the Toleriane night cream, eye cream and Riche version of this product. After a week my skin had returned to normal but I've carried on because I love these products. I use La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 50 or their Hydraphase SPF 20 on top of the Ultra lotion and the Riche cream during the day.
Toleriane Ultra is a lotion packed in a closeable pump dispenser which is see-through. The product looks as if it's in a plastic bag which you can see decreasing in size the more you use it. I don't think a face cream can get any more hygienic than this.
The Toleriane range is specifically formulated for allergic and intolerant skin and my experience of Ultra is that it definitely did the job of quickly calming and then healing my skin. It sunk in quickly and makeup applied smoothly over it. I have very dry skin in winter and found that this lotion on its own ( a couple of applications at a time) wasn't enough to make my skin feel properly hydrated, but the Riche version (40ml tube) was more suitable. If I was writing this review in the summer when my skin is less dry I'd have given it a full 5 lippies.

on 11/19/2018 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product does not work for my very sensitive skin och redness. I turn more red and the skin feels like burning with an increased redness.
I'm not allergic to the product.

Definitely my HG moisturizer. I have severely dry and sensitive skin, and this is amazingly gentle and keeps my skin feeling hydrated all day. If you don't have dry skin I would imagine this might be too heavy, but I'd recommend it as an eye cream at least. I've found this product to be very effective for restoring damaged moisture barriers and keeping skin soft.

The only downside is the price. Because the container is so small, I find myself having to repurchase almost monthly. So far I haven't found anything comparable though, so I will continue to repurchase because it's worth it to me to use a product that works well that my skin won't react to. I've also heard people complaining about the pump, but I've been through four containers now and haven't had an issue with it.

I wish they'd make a larger size of this, but I still love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

An excellent cream for sensitive skin. My skin can get sensitive, and this is so gentle and hydrating to use. You can use it as an eye cream as well. I like the hermetic design of the pump (I hate jar packaging so it's nice to have a pump product). This doesn't feel too heavy or too light, it's just right and calms down my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I repurchase this almost religiously. My skin is quite sensitive and it never reacts to this. My skin is left feeling moisturized and soothed. Perfect for day and night use, especially during the winter.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tried this because it received great recommendation for use as an eye cream on MUA for those with very sensitive skin. I have a problem with the skin texture on the inner corners of my upper eye lids, it is crepey like the surface of a Ruffles potato chip. I’ve tried eye creams, ointments, even oils and nothing helps (and getting these in my eyes creates other problems...)
The toleriane ultra works very well as it hydrates and plumps my skin, the crepey problem is significantly reduced and most of my fine lines under my eyes are smoothed out as well. The effect lasts most of the day, where everything else would be ineffective about 10-30 minutes after putting on makeup. If I need a boost of moisture during the day, a little of this patted around my eyes helps, but it does disturb my makeup a little.
After only two weeks of use I can’t judge if this will have any long term results, but the improvements I am seeing in the appearance of my eyes make the $$$ price tag worth it, especially since I am using this just on my eyes. I also suffer from allergies and my main symptom is itchy eyes, and the toleriane ultra has an added plus as it is quite soothing and reduces the itchiness.
Part of the hefty price tag is no doubt due to the unusual packaging, it has a special pump designed to keep out contaminants. The product itself is double packaged with a clear hard plastic outer and a clear inner plastic bag which reminds me of the older style of baby bottle liners. I like that I will be able to see how much product is in there, and where I am using it just for my eyes, the bottle will definitely last a few months, if not longer.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Really helped my skin to thrive and replenish after a terrible break out. Only fault is, you don't get much product, which makes continuous buying of this product very pricy

on 3/5/2018 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

When I put this all over my face I thouth I got some breakouts. So I decide to just use it under the eyes. Now I have milia under my eyes. WTH. I will try it after a month or two again to see for sure if its this. Other than that this is completely non-irritating, moisturzing, fragrance free and the packaging is great.

Nice product, but very expensive! It has saved some dry and patchy days for me, but it was an emergency buy, and as such it was more expensive than I could afford in the long run. Great pump dispension and would recommend for very sensitive skin. It feels very "milky" and not rich, as I would normally like a moisturizer. Would repurchase if I suddenly become a millionaire! :)
I recommend buying Squalane from The Ordinary and mixing with a cheaper moisturizer of your choice, since squalane is basically what makes this product nice.