Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 4 (Amino-Peptide), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape), Allantoin, PEG 100 Stearate, Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides
Discontinued in U.S.A; available in Canada, Australia/New Zealand, and some parts of Europe, the Middle East and Asia.

I have now used this nightly for one month. I have never had more compliments on my skin than I have in the past week! I have been asked if I've seen a dermatologist, if I had laser treatments, and many other questions along those lines. Nobody believes that all I do is a light exfoliation with the Konjac sponge and then apply thisprior to my facial oils at night...no I don't wash my face in the am. I simply re-moisturize.
I have dry, very sensitive skin that's prone to Rosacea. I also had some 'indentations' from teenage acne...no redness just the indents you could see at certain angles.
This has not dried me out, irritated my Rosacea or given me anything other than incredible skin! I look in the mirror at different angles & can't believe it's me! I will warn you that if you manually exfoliate prior to using this you may feel a bit of stinging on any tiny areas that may have had broken skin (like pinprick stings)...and the first 2-3 nights my face was a bit pink after applying but that was gone by morning. I use 1 pump and it does my entire face...so a 50ml bottle using 1 pump daily will last more than a month! A great value for what you get! I do occasionally get the odd tiny pimple...I add a touch of Clinique Emergency Gel on it after applying this product & it's gone by morning! I will tell you that I had to get this on Amazon as I can't seem to find it in Ontario anymore, but at $25 per 50ml bottle it's cheaper than it was at Shoppers!! Auto-renew and it's even cheaper! I will never be without this again...I'm loving these compliments way too much!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have acne-prone, oily skin--this helped my blackheads! My dermatologist told me salicylic acid would be best, but glycolic acid has really helped my acne. Some days I will use the aqua glycolic face wash and toner, then follow up with this moisturizer.

The first time I used this it did sting, and another time I used it my face was irritated and red/splotchy. So I used it little by little, and sometimes I would leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off. Now I can use it and feel no irritation.

Cautionary tale: I added in a retinol product, which I used on alternate days with my glycolic products. My skin lost it's moisture barrier--it became too smooth, extremely oily (way more than usual), and sensitive. Days after stopping all actives my face is peeling....If you're using any actives like Vitamin C or retinol, be careful! I've purchased products with ceramides and hyaluronic acid. I've learned that I need to make sure to nurture my skin with gentler products, not just collagen stimulating acids.

To Read all 111 Reviews, Login or Join

I've been using this product for a week and it feel like my skin has improved greatly!
I've been tinkering for awhile with physical exfoliants and it left my skin raw and irritated. I have oily skin with hormonal acne which drives me crazy! I was reading "Don't go to the cosmetic counter without me" and this product came highly recommended. I had never thought of trying a chemical exfoliant, but now I'm a fan.

In combination I wear SPF everyday and reapply. I think this helps me avoid the photo-sensitivity that anyone else experienced.

The only reason I don't give it 5 is I would prefer the formula to be even more simple and the removal of mica...yes it makes it look prettier in the bottle...but really? The bottle should be opaque anyway.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a wonderful serum that exfoliates and adds lots of goodness to my skin. I use it a few times a week under another serum and night cream plus oil (it's simply not moisturising enough for me, hence the four lippies, and my skin is very dry right now). It makes my skin look lovely and smooth, but then again, I use a lot of different products so it's might just be the combination of all of them that affects my skin in a positive way. That said, I will keep buying this serum. It doesn't clog my pores, doesn't break me out and doesn't aggrevate my skin in any way. If I am to complain about something then it's the fact that it has lots of shimmer in it and I don't really need that in a serum that I use only at night.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm on my second bottle and honestly, it doesn't do anything for my skin. I picked it based on recommendations from Paula Beugon, Ulta, Sephora, and Amazon. Lots of high ratings, right? Still no results.

And on top of that, OLAY DOES TEST ON ANIMALS. I ignored it because it took extra work to check if a company is cruelty-free (and most big ones are), but I couldn't anymore. Lab animals shouldn't be subject to fatal cosmetic tests because I was too lazy. There's no scientific value of theses tests.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was recently watching a Kandee Johnson video in which she said that she had been using anti-ageing products ever since she was in her late teens. Now, if you've seen Kandee Johnson you'll know that her skin is tighter than a SpaceBag and flawless like a newborn baby. I instantly panicked and realized that I had misses that information. I thought, "I'm 22 y/o..what if I look like a raisin?!" I know I don't, but it still worried me to think that I was not caring more about my skin.
I read a review on this "discontinued" product on PaulasChoice in which it was raved about. I remember seeing this product at my local Loblaws for only $16, so I got in the car , made the purchase and slapped it on my face before I went to bed.
Here are the results...

Pros:

1) Price: for a product with glycolic acid (8-10%) I thought this was very reasonably priced at $16 CAD. Normally I think it's about $23 CAD, but that's also okay. With the $4 coupon that P&G provides on their site and in the mail, it comes in at $12-$19...I can do math.

2) Packaging: I love the tinted bottle and pump. I'm not sure why so many skin care products come in clear, jar-like containers, but it always irks me. If I'm going to spend $10,$50, $100,$500 on skin-care, whatever the price may be, why would you give it such a sub-par home?! A lot of the good stuff, the defining properties of the specific skin care, are lost when we package it in a jar and introduce it to light. Plus our dirty hands and fingernails are bound to get the cream dirty. I love how this is tinted so that you don't introduce it to too much light and it has a pump for the prevention of contamination. Olay still suggests that you keep it in a cool and dark place though.

3) Initial reaction: When I initially washed my face the night after wearing this, it was glowing a luminous. My face looked clear and happy. A lot of my acne scars we faded and I was happy. But.....

Cons:
1) When i went on with my day I realized that I gained a lot of dark spots and red spots. My skin looked very irritated. I'm going to try to break it down from the top of my head to my chin:

Forehead: Surprisingly clear, but my forehead always is. The only time I ever get acne is if I go a few days without washing my hair (3+ days) or if I get sunburnt.

Cheeks: I woke up with 4 pimples, but none were as bad as they could be. They were the types of pimples that you could only see if you were verry close to me, and they were easily covered by foundation. My cheeks throughout the day started to get dark spots right around the same area you would apply highlight. (They looked almost like blackheads) The texture on my skin started to get uneven and the pores on my face started to get very rough. It almost seemed like my skin was wavy. It was strange and a little upsetting.

Mouth/Chin: this is the area that was the worst. To best sum it up, it looked like there was sand under my skin. My chin was/is verrrrrrrry dry and flaky, plus it was rough. It looked like sandpaper. The skin was also red and very sore. Throughout the day it got itchier and itchier. This was the area I was most upset about :(

OVERALL: My skin was extremely dry. The driest it has ever been in it's life. It honestly looked/looks like I have dandruff on my face...plus it's itchy...

2) Application: not a huge deal, but my skin really stung upon application. Apparently this is a normal feeling, but it's still worrisome.

Overall: I followed the instructions just as they were written, but this still didn't work. Perhaps this product is just not for my age and skin concerns, so I can't be too critical of it. My skin is left very dry and itchy. I'm not as upset as I should be, but I think that Olay should have a clear disclaimer about the potential side effects of this product. For anyone with less sensitive skin, who is of the correct age demographic, I think you should give it a try. But please, if you have dry-sensitive skin, don't go near this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone skin. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV.

I always thought that Retin-A alone would suffice to do all the exfoliation, but I recently learned that it doesn't do exfoliation like AHA is supposed to, so I want to incorporate AHA back in.

I feel slight tingling upon application for the first few times but I no longer experience it. The gel is very lightweight and pretty hydrating for my skin, even used alone. I always wake up with plump, bright, hydrated skin when I use it at night. It also helps to smooth away the bumps I got from the Olay Age Defying Toner. I haven't used it long enough to see if it helps with fading hyperpigmentation.

I like the sleek pump bottle, but I do wish the bottle is more opaque.

It doesn't aggravate my SD or clog my skin. I will keep using and repurchasing.

Pros: Gentle, lightly moisturizing glycolic acid (AHA) exfoliant.

Cons: See-through packaging, which can cause the ingredients to break down more quickly. Slightly sticky texture. There are also products that are stronger and in more stable packaging, yet are less expensive.

Unfortunately, there aren't many good options for a more gentle AHA, which is why I still use this one.

I use this as my nightly exfoliant, and I use Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA Souffle once a week.

This product claims that it can be used in place of a moisturizer, but this will only be true for those with oily skin. For everyone else, let it dry completely, then apply moisturizer over it.

This works well, and I'm happy with it, but if Alpha Hydrox made a product with around 5% to 8% AHA in a texture I liked, I would switch brands due to the price and packaging.

Nice addition to my nighttime skincare routine. I use it after the Kiehl's Ultimate Tonic and prior to my LA Prairie anti-aging night cream, after I've given it 30min to sink in. I don't use this product on its own since I find it not hydrating enough, although that might change in high summer. The texture is like a gel, very light and refreshing. I've had no allergic reactions. I don't actually have any lines or wrinkles, so I can't vouch for its resurfacing capabilities. However I'd like to think it does its bit in keeping my skin smooth and glowing. Will buy again when run out.

This is the only product I actually stock up on, it's incredebly effective at what it does. Mild and gentle exfoliant for your skin, in my case extremely sensitive and acnegetic skin. I apply it at night and sometimes during the day when I'm not wearing any makeup around the house. In the morning skin is smoother and clearer and it helps w blemish mark fading.
It is not a miracle product and it won't make your lines disappear. I'm afraid only retinol and Botox can do that. This is a staple for me and I hope they never stop making it. Be sure to wear a good sunscreen if you're using this. My choice is babyganics spf 50 mineral sunscreen incredeble makeup base and all day matttefinig effect. It's made w zinc oxide which is amazing for acnegetic skin.

Popular Treatments (Face)