The Body Shop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator

The Body Shop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator
The Body Shop Seaweed Facial Exfoliator

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/1/2016 2:57:00 AM

STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY ON CRAPPY EXFOLIATOR'S - BUY THIS NOW!

I am one to admit that I have wasted far too much money on trying to find the right skin care products to suit my skin, especially when it comes to facial exfoliators.

Let me just start off buy saying if you are like me above (think you know your skin but really are just mix and matching to find products), then PLEASE do yourself a favour and go into a The Body Shop store and get your skin type tested/found!

So back to this AMAZEBALLS seaweed exfoliator, it was a perfect match for my skin type - combination to oily. It smells good, it looks good, it even feels good. What's even better is that it actually does what it is meant too - exfoliate the skin - WITHOUT completely stripping your face of its' natural oils (if you don't know what happens with face cleansers/exfoliators that do this then I'll sum it up - stripping your face of oils leads to it being dry leading to excess sebum (oil) production causing to blocked pores and ultimately PIMPLES).

The texture is grainy but not rough - it has small bead-like texture. I use it twice a week; wouldn't recommend anymore than that. I use this in conjunction with the seaweed cleanser during the week for a deeper clean ever few days. My skin is left FEELING clean, soft and glowing and NOT dry!

I did a TONNE of research prior to getting my skin type matched and came across this product and how "good" it claimed to be being seaweed ect. ect. all the reviews raaaaved it and well, they are all RIGHT!

Remember, when looking at reviews, look for the reviewers skin type and adjust to your own needs accordingly. My skin type is combination/oily so if you have my type, this product is freeeeeaking amazeballs!

on 7/29/2016 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm perhaps now on my 10th bottle of this! This has become my go to as it is the only exfoliater that is gritty and the beads are strong enough for me to feel like it's ready doing something.

I have annoying combination skin - oily T zone, blackheads, dry forehead and cheeks. I use this exfoliater twice a week. Other days I clean my face twice a day, apply moisturiser after both washes and apply a facepack once a week. No serums or toners.

This helps get the dead skin and sebum off my face needed to combat acne yet also get rid of my dry skin on my forehead and cheeks. It somewhat gets my blackheads but I still need to use pore strips.

Those with sensitive skin should probably avoid this because the beads are very strong, rigid and harsh! I personally love this as it feels like it could scrub a layer off my skin! I love the soft feeling this leaves on my face after it's intense cleansing.

The packaging is rather average, not very attractive actually.

on 6/27/2015 10:08:00 PM

This scrub is gentle, non drying and my skin does feel very soft afterwards. However, I do find the amount of grains can vary between uses and overall isn't very 'scrubby'. If you need scrubby, the tea tree scrub would be better. I do use a peeling treatment from The Face Shop that does take off a lot of dead skin so I have less of a need for an abrasive scrub so this does nicely for me.

i love this product, like everybody said, it exfoliates my skin without leaving it dry and too tight, which is veryyyyy good for me.

i try not too often using it, because exfoliator shouldnt use everyday....i love the smell, then beads, and it comes up with foam so the beads not to harsh the skin.

overall, my opinion is good, it is only leaves me a very wondering on the packaging..the white matte tube is not so good actually, it gives a cheapy feeling on something comes from body shop.

on 10/1/2014 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This scrub is BEYOND AMAZING! It had made my skin glowy without to use any masks!
It feels clean,mattified and smells fresh but not too strong! Its great while prepping your skin before makeup. I used it EVERY morning, after my face wash and skills tends to breathe and look bright with only one use.
The scrub granules are fine, but it might irritate skin with puss infused pimples! Donot use over it or it might create irritation, other wise its best to combat oily skin and give you a fresh face!

I would totally buy this again!

I LOVE this product. It makes my skin feel clean without making it feel tight after. I've also found that my skin looks clearer and smoother. I will definitely buy this product again!

I think this is one of the most affordable facial scrubs I found.. Well it may not be THAT cheap (in fact it is not cheap) but it is not that expensive either. I've been looking so long for facial scrub and decided to buy this one! I think this scrub does well to exfoliate dead skin cells. My face feels cleaner after using this exfoliator.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I got this is a mini little pot with 5 other of the seaweed range (for £1, for donating to a cancer trust) This good, but after using it every night for three days this started to break me out even more than I already was!!

on 6/11/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

this product is the best in the whole seaweed-line that the bodyshop has, i tried the toner and the cleanser in this line and they did not perform as much. this scrub smells sooo good and refreshing, it is also quite gentle on the skin; it did not broke me up like most scrubs do on my sensitive skin and it wasnt too drying. i did notice a change in my skin after finishing this scrub; it looked smoother and clearer than it used to be. based on my experience with this product i do recommend it to whom has a sensitive, dry with occasional brake out skin.

on 4/4/2014 5:56:00 PM

This isn't a bad exfoliator but it's not the best one I've ever used either. I'm giving it 1 more lippie than I gave the Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash because I do like to use it in my daily facial routine although I probably won't purchase it once I'm finished with it. I feel like the beads really just move around on the face and don't see much effectiveness unless I use a washrag to wash it off in circular movements to assist in the exfoliation. The Body Shop's website says this is "A soap-free facial scrub that effectively deep cleanses blocked pores and exfoliates to remove dead skin cells, excess oils, impurities and daily grime." Again, like the facial wash in this Seaweed line, I don't feel like this gives you a "deep cleanse" it's more of a milder product which is nice if my face is feeling sensitive. Overall though I think I'll stick to my St. Ive's Apricot Scrubs, they seem to work much better for me.

Popular Scrubs