Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

3.5

Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Argan Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax, Sea Kelp Extract, Panthenol (Vitamin B‐5), Essential Oil Blend, Avocado Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hyssopus Officinalis Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract, Soybean Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil. *Denotes Certified Organic Ingredient.

on 6/15/2016 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I use this product for deep conditioning, the smell is 'encouraging'. The consistency is perfect but the results are just a little above average in my opinion. Maybe i expected more from previous reviews on you-tube :) I haven't seen the moisturizing effect in my hair especially after protective styling.
It could be the weave has sucked too much lustre from the hair or the product isn't penetrating my 4C hair shaft enough.

I have 2c hair ,colored ,dry and damaged on highlighted parts . I used this in the past and made my hair very very dry . I tried it again today and it made my hair very soft and very DRY AND FRAZZLED at the same time . Bummer . I want to love it cuz I Do love Shea butter ,but i believe the glycerin content is too high therefore makes the product drying .

To Read all 103 Reviews, Login or Join

I found this on sale at Tj Maxx, and thought it smelled nice so I decided to test it out on my damaged, fine, blonde hair. After reading reviews, i decided to use this as a pre shower mask mixed with the shea moisture organic coconut oil. I noticed this left my hair more strong feeling and shiny than my regular coconut treatment. I have not used this as a normal deep conditioner, so i cant speak for how well that works. But I will continue using this and update

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

For reference I have waist length bleached hair. It's healthy thanks to Olaplex and diligently taking care of my hair. HOWEVER, my hair still needs all the TLC it can get.

I am not a fan of this masque. To be fair, I've noticed I'm not a fan of any of the Shea Moisture products. The ingredient lists are INCREDIBLE for a drugstore price-point brand. Most cheap shampoos and conditioners contain many cheap fillers. Shea Moisture keeps the ingredient lists simple and beneficial. I am rational enough to realize why others LOVE the brand, but it's just not for me.

After some careful consideration, I've determined the reason my hair hates Shea Moisture is due to the lack of silicones in their products. My hair NEEDS silicone. Silicone can actually trap in moisture, not to mention it gives hair that healthy slip feeling.

This product did absolutely nothing for my hair. Dollar store conditioners could do an equal job.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I feel as though so many people have had a hard time with this masque because it is all natural thus being free of silicones, something that leaves a slippery, detangled feeling in common hair conditioners. I have a short a-line bob that I color jet black every 2-3 months. I wash my hair daily because I love that fresh hair feeling and my hair is too short to style around greasy hair. The daily conditioner I use is really lightweight and does the job but there are some days where my hair feels as though it needs more moisture than what it usually gets. I decided to add olive and coconut oil to this masque because the huge jar that I got for $12 said that it would work well this way. My hair is left really shiny and soft. Sure it doesn't have that slippery, super tacky detangled feeling but it's to be expected with something that lacks silicone. I have naturally fine-medium, straight hair and even though most people would shame me for using this when I don't have "ethnic" hair the jar does say it's for "damaged, dry hair" which I definitely have and it in no way says on the jar that it's for curly hair at all. So anyone with "dry, damaged hair" can use this. I switch this out every now and then with the Kenra Nourishing Deep Hair Masque because this Shea Moisture one does have Sea Kelp in it to help with strength and with the added coconut oil I've put in it I don't want to suffer from protein overload. Not sure why so many people hate this masque. Will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product is very lovely, it left my hair soft and supple which is why it got four lippies. The mediocre aspect of this product is the consistency. It is so watery it slips out of your hair one minute or less after application, therefore (if you have long hair) one jar = 3 or 4 applications. After washing and conditioning with this product my hair was a bit tangled. As it dried it became soft, supple and shiny. The scent is amazing and it lingers for hours. I have very long hair, perhaps this product would be more efficient for those with short or medium-length hair. $13.00 is too much for three or four applications.

Update: I fixed the consistency problem by applying the product then putting my hair into a bun in the shower so the product did not slip out and the conditioning was obviously more evident. Will repurchase along with matching shampoo which is excellent!

I have thick, wavy Caucasian hair and this works pretty good for me. I use once a week in place of my normal conditioner and I do notice that my hair is softer and shinier. I only gave it four lippies because I am not a fan of the smell. I also have the super fruit 10 in 1 hair mask and it works amazing but the smell is way better than this. The consistency of this mask is very thick and be sure to wash it completely out of your hair because it will leave your hair greasy if you do not.

on 1/9/2016 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been growing out my hair for a year now so I like to use weekly deep treatment masques to keep my ends from looking dry. Some background about my hair type is that I have thick virgin Asian hair that is typically straight, but it loses moisture mostly at the ends. I was recommended to try this product at Sally Beauty Supply. It's a cruelty-free product and it's all natural. The scent is an earthy aroma, which doesn't bother me a lot. However those are the only positives I can list about the product. First of all, this has a runny consistency for a hair masque. I usually apply hair masque on my hair with a shower cap over it for half a hour before rinsing it out. But after using this for a month, I can say this hasn't improved my hair condition at all. It didn't worsen it either, but you would expect something that cost about 11-12 bucks to work better than a product of lesser value. I ended up taking the rest of the masque and mixing it with another conditioner and some coconut oil to strengthen it. I won't repurchase this product again.

on 10/10/2015 6:17:00 PM

I have thick, dry, frizzy 2b curls. I apply thickly to my dry hair, add a coating of olive oil, put on a shower cap, and blowdry for 30 min. Then I sit with the shower cap on for a few hours or sometimes overnight, then wash out, shampooing with shea moisture shampoo and conditioner. My hair is healthy and soft and my curls bounce.
The smell is awful, especially when combined with olive oil. I'll put up with it for better hair!

on 9/17/2015 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This ruined months and months of hair repair. I had been working so hard to resurrect my hair from bleaches and heat tools, and this undid all of my hard work :( It made my hair so unbelievably dry and brittle to the touch after just ONE use. BUYER BEWARE.

Popular Hair Treatments