Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

3.6

on 10/13/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is why I don't get the hype about this powder it dries out my undereye when I used it as a setting powder for my under eye .I would not repurshed again.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was really excited when my mom brought me Airspun since she knew I'd been dying to try it out since I saw one of my favorite youtubers rave about it. As soon as I opened it, the smell was a little disturbing but I managed to stomach it. When I did put it on, it left my skin feeling very soft but I noticed it exagerated a dry patch (which I didn't even know was there!), and that was when things started going downhill. I tested the product on flash and I finally understood when people said "flashback mary!" Before coming to a verdict as to why there was flashback, I read reviews from a handfull of sites and saw that many people didn't recommend this product for darker skin tones (which I am). I thought that because I wasn't as dark as my other beautiful POC MAU, I would be fine. oh was I wrong. I don't really regret buying this because it was just $5, but if I would've known better, I could've saved up those $5 to buy a setting powder that didn't make me look like a ghost with flash photography! My point is, research a product before you buy it, ESPECIALLY if you're making the purchase online.

on 4/16/2017 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this to set the rest of my face that's not highlighted just before I contour. This powder Issa mask, it absorbs every oil.
Pros: it's affordable, it's long lasting I mean, this really takes agessss to get through, it's a mask, it gives you that extra coverage.
Cons: it comes with a flimsy powder puff ( tip: I replaced mine with the Laura mercier puff) , some may find the smell off putting as it's really ancient powdery type of scent, but it doesn't bother me, packaging!!! This needs to be improved. as this is my staple product I'll usually travel with it everywhere! And I find that it pours into the closed cap when packed find that a bit messy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I got this product a while ago and I love it. I bought it at Walmart for under 7$ for 2.3 oz. This product makes my makeup stay all day and I'm a extremely oily person. Blend!blend!blend! You have to blend this product in well or you will have a white-ish dust all over your face. It makes my makeup matte . :)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent Extra Coverage 070-41 for $6 or $7 from Kmart. This is a very fine powder that I both use as a foundation & to set my makeup on days I wear liquid/crme foundation. This powder does provide coverage, but it's nothing extraordinary. I admit I did not keep it mind that this is a powder; I was expecting literal coverage like a powder foundationthat's my fault. This powder does cover more than most others, but it's not wow.

I mostly wear this alone simply to cut down on shine & cut excess oil on my face. However, it's not too long-lasting & I'd have to reapply it if I carried it around with me. To be fair, though, I do have seriously oily skin & the majority of powders don't stay on my face for an extended period of time anyway. I have to reapply or touch up throughout the day & I don't like to do that because although the shade I got is translucent, it leaves a white cast on my face if I touch up too much or use a heavy hand while applying. I use the puffy applicator provided. The only complaint I have about Airspun is their smell. It's extremely fragranced. The smell is very strong & not the most pleasant, but it does fade away.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Now, Ive tried Honey Beige and Naturally neutral and liked them both. Im somewhere between NV 35- 40.. Honey Beige is more of a peachy shade and naturally neutral is more of a beige/neutral shade. Now off with the shades, coming to the actual performance of this powder..
I use this as an everyday powder foundation. Im a stay at home mom, so i use this as a single application once in the morning and thats it.. Sometimes, if its humid out, or if im doing lot of chores, i might have to touch up once in the evening, but thats it. Ive literally stopped searching for loose powders any more. I like this soo much that im now looking for loose powder compacts so that i can carry it on the go as well.

As i said, that i use this as a powder foundation, in my case i dont have problematic skin, no do i have perfect skin. I do have few freckles & pores on my cheeks, redness around the nose and some slight uneven pigementation(which get covered up with any powder) to start with. This powder doesnt cover up those freckles, but covers up the pores(mean to say, makes them look smaller or blurs them) and neutralizes the redness around the nose. On bad skin days, I layer it further to get that foundation kinda finish, and it doesnt look cakey.

I really like this and this has a permanent spot in my stash. Most people doesnt like the fragrance, but to me, i dont smell any fragrance at all.
The only con is that sometimes, (on a bad skin day) i could see a greyish/ashy tint under some lightings. So this is the only reason that ive ordered BenNye banana powder and topaz powder and im really waiting to compare these both.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The only good thing about this product is that it was under 5 dollars at my local Walgreens. Thank god it wasn't more expensive, otherwise, I would've flipped. I am reviewing the extra coverage version, not the shades or normal version. First off, the smell is terrible. Even the unscented version (I bought that too) smells. Its TERRIBLE!! The smell permeates your clothes, your hair, just EVERYTHING. Whomever pointed out that this stuff smells like Grandma is so right. Second off, It leaves my skin feeling like it can't breathe. Third, the packaging is a nightmare!! I had to transfer it to a Tupperware container, lest it spill in my makeup bag. Finally, this powder was made for women with very light complexions. To any woman out there who is olive-skinned or darker: don't even try it. The amount of blending you have to do is just not worth it, and even then, an ashy, dry looking residue is left on your face.
Overall, I would NEVER buy this product again, I would never reccomend it, and I would say to never waste your money, as I can think of a better translucent powder (Elf hd powder), for a cheaper price.

on 3/6/2006 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am African American and I purchased this in Muted Amber which is a gorgeous deep suntan tone that happens to match my complexion to a t. One swipe with my trusty Bobbi Brown brush and I was in love. Its goes on so light and covers any imperfections one might have. I dont use foundation so this is perfect for when I want a more made-up look. I love the fact that it isnt heavy or thick and it doesnt take much to do my entire face. Like everyone else I am not pleased with the packaging. I tried the homemade sifter trick but unfortunately alot of powder still seeps out which is such a waste. Im also not too happy that "Muted Amber" seems to be the hardest to find of all the Coty shades. Im gonna have to look high and low so I can stock up on this shade before it becomes extinct. Other than that I enjoy this silky powder and will repurchase if I can FIND IT! LOL

EDIT: According to Coty Inc..... Muted Amber has been discontinued and can no longer be purchased. Good thing I scored two more containers off Ebay. These should last we quite awhile .