59%
package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I use this only on my t-zone - which especially in summer can quickly turn into an oil slick. I'm still slightly on the fence about this product: whilst I agree with some of the other reviewers that it doesn't seem to be doing anything to enlarged pores in the long run, it does at least temporarily help them appear just a fraction smaller and more refined, although how much of that is due to the drying effect of the alcohol content in here I'm not sure! The oiliness too is kept at bay, but only for an extra hour if I'm lucky. Liking the pump container which makes it super easy to dispense whilst keeping oxygen away from the serum, also the texture which is not sticky at all. Also love the not-too-in-your-face peach fragrance that (sadly) dissipates after a few minutes, even though I know it's not the best of things for your skin. However could definitely do without the added alcohol which over time isn't a good idea for any skin type. A good product for temporary results and occasional use - sure, but I personally wouldn't want to be using this every day. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

3 years ago

Bought this yesterday and figured I'd give it a week to see if I like it or not. Reading the reviews, I think I wrongly got this. Most people that liked it have really oily skin and like it for that. My skin is more normal now so i'm not worried about that. I wanted this to hide my pores/acne scars under makeup. I've used porefessional and the smashbox pore primer but didn't feel like either really did anything for me.This does smell really good, faintly of real peach and the bottle is big for $16 at Ulta. You don't need to use a lot, either and it absorbed pretty quick. But as I was driving into work, I looked in the rearview mirror and noticed my pores and scars are still visible. Maybe I need to use this longer? But it seems like the main purpose for this is for oily skin so I guess I don't feel like there's a point. Sad this probably won't work for me and will probably be taking back soon.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Love This! My pores are really improving in color, texture. My skin is slightly mattified, though I do find that I need to use a heavy-duty mattifier like Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector to keep foundation on. Definitely will repurchase, probably along with the rest of the line. The scent is also divine.

About reviewer (183 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This serum certainly mattifies. Unfortunately, I have combination skin, and it dries out my cheeks way too much (they look a little chapped). Would recomment for use on the t-zone, or all over the face if you have oily skin. Smell is pleasant and the pump bottle is very hygienic. I use about 1.5 pumps to thoroughly cover my face, and for less than $15 usd, this is a great product. Highly recommend, and will look for other Skinfood products to try (these are carried at my local ulta).

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

3 years ago

Not a winner, unfortunately. Pros: the smell is fantastically peachy, it's not sticky, and absorbs fast . Cons: it doesn't mattify for very long at all, definitely doesn't minimize pores as it claims (although I rarely expect those claims to be true) and made my skin break out and itch. I think it acts a lot like a touch up powder so it's mattifying results are only temporary. And i would've tried it with the matching products to see if those results would be more impressive but my skin rarely breaks out so i quickly threw it out.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

2.0
from

3 years ago

PROS: - Lovely scent - Comes with a pump CONS: - Doesn't do what it claims to do (minimize pores) - Doesn't do what other people claim that it does (controll oil - what I got the product for) - Contains ALCOHOL I use it only in the morning. I use less than a pump, pat it in my T-zone, let it sink in and then proceed with the rest of my skin care & makeup routine. It does absolutely nothing to control oil for me. For someone who is slightly oily, maybe; but for a skin care product to contain alcohol, it just isn't worth it.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

4 years ago

OMG I love this stuff; it's so light and keeps the oilies away for a good 8 hours if I'm not sweating. If I am, it keeps the oilies down for about 4 and it seems to keep me from sweating too much along my forehead. It makes a lovely primer under BB/CC creams; I haven't tried it yet under foundation because i don't wear it unless it's a special occasion. After I wash my face in the AM, I pat a small dollop all over my face [less than the size of a penny] and let it sit for a couple of minutes, then apply my sunscreen over that. I can't detect much of a smell which would be good for those of you who are smell-sensitive. The packaging is a pump in a glass bottle which I know a lot of people don't like due to the chance of it breaking if dropped but it seems to be a sturdy little bottle. The pump puts out just enough product too. I found my bottle on ebay.com for about $15, I think. I'm definitely putting this on my rebuy list!

About reviewer (179 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

A long time ago maybe 1.5 years ago . I was using this product only at my T-Zone because at that time my pores were so BIG ( well , now my pores is small ) This product did make my T zone area pores appear smaller but somehow it kinda make my face a little dry . So, I decided to stop using this product eventhough this product make my pores smaller . Because my face type was dry but had big pores ( its a little weird 0.o ) . I do recommend this product for oily skin but not for dry skin because this product will dry your skin

About reviewer (18 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

from

5 years ago

This product is a miracle for my face. After cleansing and toner (also Peach Sake), I apply a thin layer of this product lightly onto my face. This serum makes my face feels very fresh and soft throughout the day. The packaging is a cute little glass bottle with a nozzle to distribute the product with a cap over it. Since I use the serum lightly, it lasts about three months. But for twelve bucks a pop, I can't complain. No break outs, no irritations, and no complaints here.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOther, Olive

HairBrown

EyesBlack

5 years ago

On days I will put makeup on my face, I apply this serum after cleanser and toner, and prior to Etude House' Face Conditioning Cream. This is a mattifying white fluid and I apply it only on the areas of my face that have huge pores and tend to get super oily throughout the day (T-Zone and chin). It has been working great for me because my foundation doesn't break down or slide off my face after a long day of wearing it. The amount I use every time is very small so this bottle of serum will last me maybe a year. So far, no pimples or acne have been caused due to this product after I added it to my skin care regimen so I would DEFINITELY recommend this for women with super oily skin and huge pores that need a mattifying fluid. I have heard many women use milk of magnesia as a product to prevent oilyness of the skin and that can be very harmful in the long run so I recommend this to every woman that uses that remedy as a replacement. The packaging of the Skinfood's Peach Sake Pore Serum is very nice. A glass bottle with a pump (love) that has a plastic cap that resembles bamboo wood. So if you're into cute packaging for your vanity this could be a plus. Also, this is very affordable, $11 on EBay.

About reviewer (399 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm