3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

It is not a bad product but it is not a favourite one either. Indeed it does not contain harsh cleaning chemicals but unfortunately my hair does not cooperate with SLS free shampoos too well. My delicate, greasy hair just gets greasy faster and matte with that unwashed look so I have to come back to the usual product with SLS (like Elseve Nutri-Gloss light in pink bottle, which is my favourite) between washes with SLS free shampoo. Which kind of defeats the purpose...This shampoo was not as bad as some other 'natural' shampoos I have been using but I will not repurchase. This product smells rather nice, lathers reasonably well though I would advise washing one's barnet twice instead of once as I would normally do with Elseve. It comes in a generous looking 200 ml tube, which is nicely designed in blue and green tones, going well with our dark stone bathroom lol! My husband used it all up (and it is very longlasting! I think it took him about 3 to 4 month of twice a week use) and his scalp is very sensitive and sometimes itchy but he did not have any bad experience this time. However he is back to using my Elseve again! Just one not to the fragrance of the product - it smells very earthy, very natural but the smell tends to linger on the hair longer than I would like it to do. I used to wash my makeup brushes with it and the fragrance was staying on the bristles for quite a bit!

About reviewer (218 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I am a huge fan of Liz Earle products, I was expecting wonders when I bought this shampoo however I was a little let down. It smells lovely and really cleans my hair. My bad points are it doesn't lather very well so you have to use a bit more product than advised and my hair did not feel/look any better than using a normal (cheep) shampoo. I would buy this again due to the fact it smells nice and is natural which is a plus, so it's not too bad :)

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

9 years ago

I have been in to natural hair products for some years now following a sudden reaction to a mainstream shampoo. I tried this (and the conditioner) thinking they would be good and they did deliver what they promised and hair did feel and look nice. However, after about three uses I developed really bad dandruff. Thinking this might be coincidence, I swapped to different products for a while and then reverted back to Liz Earle. Once again, same dandruff problem so, sadly, will not be purchasing again.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

from

9 years ago

I really wanted to love this shampoo as I am a huge fan of Liz Earle's skincare range and couldn't wait to try the shampoo and conditioner. I also thought the price very reasonable. Unfortuantely it was just....average. Not bad for any reason just not great either. I used in conjunction with the botanical shine conditioner for dry or damaged hair and results were average. My hair was clean, I liked the smell but I certainly don't feel the need to repurchase now that my bottle is finished.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

9 years ago

Everywhere I look there are 5 star reviews for this product. Generally I like Liz Earle, although I cannot say her products leave much lasting effect, they are nevertheless pleasant to use. But this one, sorry but with my greasy hair I have to use so much to get even minimal lather, and my hair does not stay feeling clean. Yes I know the thing about it doesn't need to lather to get your hair clean, this has nothing to do with that. I have used non lathering shampoos by Lush with no problems. I have been using I love Juicy until recently and may well go back to that. Perhaps its me, packaging, smell, all delightful, but this just didn't get my hair clean enough. Although I do not consider it expensive, in my case it would be as so much is needed. I saw that Liz recommended using a tiny amount. The grease in my hair just ate that up, it wouldn't even spread through. For the record I have straight, greasy hair that I usually wash every second day. To be fair this may be great on other types but for very greasy hair, I would try the sample size before you commit, I am still trying to use this up :-(

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

10 years ago

I love this shampoo! I got a sample in store when I was buying the cleanser (and I got the usual free miniture), and they gave me two lots of it. It made such a difference straight off, my hair looks sooo much better than normal. I tried it with the normal conditioner which made my hair look great, but I have ends prone to proper frizzy dryness as they are so dyed so I've now purchased the dry conditioner. Hopefully I'll stay as delighted as I am now, if not I'll update! Price wise I was delighted, it's not the cheapest product in the world but there are many that are a lot more expensive. yay! :o)

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

from

10 years ago

The latest addition to the ever expanding Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare range, this shampoo is SLS and SLES free. Using natural botanical ingredients to foam and clean the hair without stripping this colour safe formula also contains aloe vera, shea butter, apple&orange extracts, vitamin E, cedarwood, lemon & geranium to name but a few oils and extracts. Applying the same philosophy as their Cleanse&Polish of one shampoo to suit all hair types, this shampoo is a pleasure to use. It smells very fruity, very fresh and foams well. Apply a little water to pre-lather and add more as required, do not be tempted to load up with more product. This left my hair feeling light, fresh and lively. It had good (ie managable) volume and as a test I left it for 4 days before washing again to see how long it would last and if I developed my usual day2 itchy scalp. I did not and for me that makes the £7.50 for 200ml worth every penny :) Its not cheap by supermarket/drugstore means, there are more expensive shampoos out there which have not worked for me (aveda,ojon,philip kingsley,kerastase) and there are cheaper ones which have also not worked for me. I am switching to this from Lush and hope that I can wave bye bye to itchy flakey scalp :) I used this in conjunction with each of the 3 conditioners (like their 3 Skin Repair moisturisers, one for each type: dry, normal, oily) to see which suited me best (dry). I will buy again. There is a 50ml travel size available to try but if you sign up for their latest newsletter you may be sent a sachet duo of the shampoo and conditioner to try (7mls each). If you are switching from silicone based haircare this make take a couple of weeks to detox from your hair, be patient and you will be rewarded!

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age36-43