75%

$11.00 on The Body Shop
Shop Now

Reviews

3 months ago

This shampoo was recommended to me on a message board somewhere for fine, low porosity, curly hair and I've used it pretty consistently for the last 5+ years. There's a Body Shop on my walk home from the tube so I just stock up when they do a promotion and it winds up being relatively inexpensive. Plus I only use a little dot at a time, so a bottle lasts me a long time. I can use it in any season and it doesn't make my scalp prickly or dry in the winter, like nearly every other shampoo. So my scalp loves it and it doesn't weigh down my wispy curls, which is great. I like the scent, too. The only thing I can say against it is that it isn't as nourishing as the Klorane Papyrus shampoo that I love so much but which winds up being pricier and is harder to track down in London.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

5 months ago

I got this shampoo for the strawberry scent. It says on the bottle clearly glossing, but I am a senior and my hair is at least 1/3 gray so I didn't expect much shine. After using it for a few days I was really surprised to see that my hair is shiny, softer and fuller since I have been using it. It feels so nice just to run my fingers through my hair now!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 months ago

This shampoo has saved my life. I had really dry, itchy scalp that randomly started about a year ago. NOTHING would work. I did some web browsing and came upon this. I figured for the price I've paid for the shampoo that didn't work, what is $16. This has stopped the itching and saved my sanity. I haven't had ANY problems since using this for over 1+ years. The smell isn't the greatest BUT it doesn't linger in your hair so it's not even a problem. This shampoo lathers and can be a little on the runny as compared to other shampoos I have used in the past. 100% recommend to everyone who has itchy or dry scalp.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

5 months ago

I started using this product in the summer, and it worked just like any other natural ingredient shampoo would - smells nice, great shine, cleans thoroughly, and cheap. What sets this product apart from other natural shampoos is the fresh tingly feeling it leaves behind, and the shine it adds without stripping my strands. With that said, this scrub is not a fall/winter shampoo for me. I don't normally have issued with dandruff, but since using this shampoo during this fall I noticed my scalp is drying out. Not all shampoos can be used year round, in fact some hair stylist will argue that you should switch shampoos based on the season, and this is definitely one of them. I'll be using a different shampoo for the remainder of the fall and winter, but I'm definitely going back to this one when the weather gets nicer.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

6 months ago

My hair is really super dry and frizzy, also I have been experiencing with itchy ness and irritation, I tried this shampoo with ginger and it makes my hair softer. It cleans perfectly and I got rid of itchy ness, dry and frizzy hair. I will definitely repurchase this amazing product.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrown

2.0

9 months ago

Not good! After reading so many positive reviews for this getting rid of dandruff, psoriasis and even hair loss I decided to get myself the small/trial size bottle of it from a local TBS store, despite the fact that this has SLS in it - which I'm forever trying to steer clear of (unless it's diluted with another surfactant). It's a very ginger scented product mixed with a citrus scent and lathers decently even when using a small amount. These two things are the ONLY saving grace for me when it comes to this shampoo and prevented me from giving it one lippie! Even the amazing 'shine' that so many have reported to see when using this failed to materialize for me. I gave it about 4 attempts, washing my hair, rinsing and repeating, with no conditioner afterwards, so as not to interfere with the effect. Did this every 2nd night but by the 4th time my scalp was not just flakey but actually had red sore patches at the back of my head which were painful to the touch! Something in here really does not agree with me which is sad as almost all the reviews online for this are very promising. Stopped using and within a few days my scalp returned back to its normal state. The search continues... Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2.0

a year ago

I have an oily scalp and have recently been experiencing hair loss due to calcium build up due to my move to London. I also have recently been experience a dry and itchy scalp due to harsh winter conditions. I was recommended this product by two friends claiming it has helped them with their dryness, itchiness, and flakes. However, after a couple of weeks I realised my scalp was more oily, and the amount of flakes had increased. The itchiness was still there too. Very disappointed. I would recommend trying the travel sized bottles first as it clearly doesn't work for everyone.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

1.0

a year ago

This product is effective against dandruff BUT it caused me to lose much hair. I got hair fall every day which is not normal to me, so I was alarmed to see many hair when I washed after using that shampoo. I decided to stop and no hair fall at all. So I do not recommend this product because ginger can actually makes hair thin. And PS: I also made the same review on The Body Shop website and they rejected my review. I think it's because I gave 1 star. They only approved good reviews and hide bad reviews to people. Very nice. lol

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

I love this ginger haircare range (shampoo + conditioner). I purchased it initially because it was marketed as an anti-dandruff range here in Southeast Asia. After a few washes, I noticed that all my flakes were gone, and my hair no longer dropped as much. I then realised that it's marketed as an anti-dandruff AND anti-hair loss product in the UK! Not sure why there's a discrepancy in product marketing across countries, but either ways, they definitely live up to their claims. I've used this range for a good month now, and my hair feels much thicker, with no flaking at all. I have bleached hair, and truthfully, it's a pain altogether. This range is definitely NOT a miracle worker for treating bleached/damaged hair, but it doesn't cause further damage either. After washing my hair, I usually follow up with The Body Shop's Grapeseed hair serum or OGX's Extra Penetrating Argan Oil. Both are life savers (though you have to use them consistently) for bleached hair. P.S. I love the smell of ginger in general, so that's a big bonus for me.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

1.0
from

2 years ago

My acquaintance had this shampoo when I slept over and I used it twice. Both times in total different time spans, I lost so much hair when I showered which is rare for my hair, so I do not recommend at all.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24