Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner

Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner
Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner

3.9

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Polyquaternium-59, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Opuntia Tuna (Prickly Pear Cactus) Flower Extract, Stearyl Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), Butylene Glycol, PVP, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol.

on 2/20/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This leave in conditioner made a big difference in my hair. I apply a very small amount (I have short hair) to my palms after shampooing and conditioning and run my palms through my hair. I then comb through, apply gel, and set my hair. My style hold much better than it did before I used Moisture Lock and my hair has body and fullness. Best of all, it looks and feel healthy. I think it seals in moisture, which explains the difference.

on 1/17/2016 4:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Made my hair soft, but super puffy and frizzy. It smells like Pinesol, but the smell dissipates once it dries in hair. Not a good fit for my hair. This product does have good ingredients though. I gave it away.

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/21/2015 1:11:00 PM

Ok, so I am a hairstylist, and received this in a special buy at Ulta....I have medium fine, naturally wavy-curly hair....this was an excellent product for me- moisturizing, but light weight. I'm not sure if it would be moisturizing enough for someone with coarse, drier hair though.....price is crazy though, and I am unable to find it locally at cost with my license....bummer....;)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Meh. Although this does soften and added shine, it could be a tad more moisturizing. It adds a bit of volume and is not greasy or tacky feeling on the hair. It has a strong floral scent initially, but it fades. the bad thing is that I had a lot of surface frizz. I might reevaluate this during cooler weather, but so far I will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a leave-in to both moisturize (it does fantastically) and manage frizz (great job). I use Wen cleanser about 75% of the time and though it says you can you absolutely SHOULD NOT use WEN as your leave-in conditioner because it contains a preservative that all shampoos have which will create sensitization if it is left in. So this follows my WEN cleanse and it idoes a superior job. My hair is fine and wavy and this does not weigh it down but it gives me a lot of moisture.

on 7/20/2014 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been trying to find the right product for my newly curly hair for a year now. I finished chemo in February 2012
I think this is the one that works for me. It works as a stying aid to encourage curls and waves in my previously straight hair.
I have purchased enough hair products to open a CVS. Never knew it was so much work :)

on 12/11/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't find this particularly moisturizing; I use it more as a styling aid than as a conditioner.

I have fine, straight, highlighted shoulder-length hair. I wash it 2-3 times/week with Alterna moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, and it's in fairly good condition. But it tends to lose body a few hours after I blow it dry and generally looks limp and straggly by the end of a work day. In the past I've used Bumble & Bumble Texture, but this can make my hair look and feel dry, so that product is more style specific. Otherwise, I don't use styling products.

I find Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner is a great replacement for a styling product in fall/winter, when the air is dryer (I suppose if I lived in a western state where the air is dryer, it might be useful year-round); it doesn't have the same effect for me in humid conditions. In my hair, this product creates a bit of texture and volume that keeps my hair from looking limp for 1-2 days. Doesn't weigh down my slippery, fine hair. Caveat - I don't like the polished look with my hair, and I find this suits a somewhat-undone look. I haven't used it when going for a polished look, so can't attest to its effectiveness in that situation.

on 4/16/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this stuff. My hair is thick and prone to frizz, and when it gets too dry it gets very tangled. Typically after washing my hair I put in the GVP straightening serum, blow dry my roots and let the bulk of my hair air-dry. (I don't usually blow dry my hair as I'm growing it out for a friend who needs a wig made, and I want to keep my hair as healthy as possible.) I got a HUGE sample of this from Sephora and HOLY COW. I towel dried my hair, finger-combed this leave in conditioner through my hair and let it dry. My hair dried to a silky soft, detangled, smooth finish. And it STAYS that way for DAYS. I will definitely, definitely repurchase this when my sample runs out. I think what makes this work so well for me is that I have really thick, wavy hair, but also that I let it air-dry. I can't really understand all the bad reviews for this product.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Now let me start by saying that the only reason I will not be repurchasing this product isn't because I didn't like it, I found a better wayyyyyyy less expensive product and you get more of it. Now with that said, I really do like this product. It could be a bit more moisturizing but it's ok. I don't use a whole lot and it made my curls incredibly soft! The smell doesn't bother me much but it could be better. If it wasn't this expensive I would probably continue to buy it but I think for what I paid this bottle needs to be A LOT bigger IMO

on 1/13/2013 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm not fond of how this product smells. It reminds me of men's shaving cream, in not the best of ways. While this isn't the best at giving my curls moisture, my hair does seem to curl better when using this. The bottle lasts forever, which is good because how pricey this is. I was expecting more from this. It's a bit heavy.