3.2

price range

Reviews

from

5 years ago

I like this toner although I am usually skeptical about products that contain alcohol. But I would prefer a product with alcohol since it vaporizes from my skin, rather than have a product that contains parabens or other toxic chemicals. I use it in the evenings for proper cleansing or after removing my make-up. It's refreshing and does not dry out my skin (unlike many toners I have tried) - sometimes I even skip on the night creme and just spray my face with some thermal water or other mist. It has improved my skin a lot. I just bought another bottle because I get these spring break outs and needed something proper. It get's four lippies for being pricey.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

This is a very average toning lotion. There's a lot of alcohol, so that is a concern. Also, when I used it, more product poured out of the top than I wanted, so I felt like I wasted product.

About reviewer (470 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

This product did nothing for me. it was completely ineffective.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

7 years ago

After using up my United State Balancing Toner from Origins, I went back to Sephora to try a new toner. One of the saleswoman recommended this one after I told her I have oily skin and have used Origins products before. This one is not as good as the United State Balancing Toner, although that one wasn't even that good. I continued to use it for a few more weeks, but still did not see much benefits from it. It's a bit stripping in my opinion and did not do anything for oil control. From then on, I used it just for the sake of using it because I didn't want to waste it, but never finished it. Will not be repurchasing anymore Origins products.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

1.0

8 years ago

I only just tested this toner and I'm so glad I didn't buy a bottle right away... wow, this could easily be one of the worst, if not THE worst toner I have ever used. It basically smells like pure alcohol, a few minutes after applying I noticed an unpleasant tingling sensation on my skin, and, worst of all, it made my skin feel very tight and dry. It still feels unpleasantly tight and even a bit flaky even after applying their moisturiser... ugh. I have very oily skin, and I already know exactly where this will lead to... even more oil! Also, it contains a few questionable ingredients (preservatives etc.), like a lot of those oh so "natural" Origins products! I would never. ever. buy this toner.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Other

8 years ago

LOVE, SO IN LOVE with this toner. The small is sooooo nice and refreshing. Skin feels amazingly clean after use. I thought this would make my skin feel all tight and dry, but not at all. Skin feels just fine after use. I haven't had any breakouts from using. Will be buying more when I run out:)

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairOther, Curly, Fine

8 years ago

Smells quite strong, so at first I was worried that it would be too harsh for my skin. But my skin seems to like it. I use this along with the cleanser and moisturiser from the same range. It helps to control the oil production, keeping me oil-free for at least 5 hours even in terribly hot and humid Singapore. I think the bottle looks really cute too - it reminds me of a mushroom. I am slightly disappointed with the fact that it doesn't do much for the blackheads on my nose or my large pores, but I think that the fact that it controls the oil more than makes up for that.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

8 years ago

One word to describe this is AMAZING! It is the BEST product i have ever used on my stupidly oily skin. Controls oil so well, can really notice the difference when i dont use this, along with the zero oil lotion & wash.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

from

9 years ago

I love this for summer months. I don't break out easily, but I do get pretty oily during the day. This toner makes my skin noticeably less oily. It really refreshes my skin and wakes me up in the morning. It does not break me out and has a wonderful scent, too. That said, the Zero Oil range should be avoided by people w/ acne prone skin. A relative w/ problem skin used the whole Zero Oil system for a week and had a cystic acne flare up (which she had never had before). Yikes.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

9 years ago

When I was living in OH (which is when I was using this product) I had very oily skin, like I would soak up 5 blotting papers. I loved this balancing tonic. It (along with the face wash) really cleaned up all the oil off my skin, and also helped control it throughout the day. I love the refreshing scent and the packaging is very old-school to me. I think the people who gave the poor reviews, especially the person only a couple reviews down, were using the wrong product. If you only have combo skin, don't use this. Use United State or A Perfect World. If you have adverse effects its because its wrong for your skin, not that the product is wrong. I notice every season that I need to change my face wash because my skin changes, not the face wash. It just really bugs me when people bash a product when they shouldn't have been using it in the first place.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral