Kojic Acid Soap

Kojic Acid Soap

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Been on the hunt for skin care products lately. Read many reviews on Koji San soap for skin lightening and decided to give it a try. My pale, freckled complexion needs some brightening.
Purchased off of Amazon, a pack of three bars for about $5. Good sized bars, since everything from Asia is smaller (Texan here.)

It came in a card board box with three individually shrink wrapped bars. Im a traveler, and wish it might of came with a plastic case or something. The bright orange color is exciting and invigorating. I ADORE THE SMELL. It is fresh and clean, but feminine and not over powering. I also love the texture my skin has after using it, like a baby's butt! Obviously it has exfoliating properties, being an acid, but no added grains in the bar to irritate sensitive skin.

I read that opening the pores with hot water and leaving the soap on for at least twenty seconds yields better results. Doing that, followed by a moisturizing Hydroquinone cream (I don't use the kojic acid cream, using both kojic acid treatments have caused bad reations on sensitive skin) has been doing very well. Have experienced the burning sensation many people have spoken of, but no red spots or irritation. I think the moisturizing cream has helped that.

All in all, it has brightened my freckles and age spots, improved the texture of my skin and I enjoy using it. I will be repurchasing for life.

The kojic soap I use is Kojie san. It is a little bit pricey here in the states but when you buy it in the Philippines where it is really from, it only costs a dollar and a few cents. This defintely makes my skin whiter, like the whitish white I want and not the yellowish white I get from using papaya soaps which are also for whitening. Downside is that it definitely makes skin dry but you can solve it by using a body lotion. And eventhough it is for whitening and says that it can help acne, I only use it on my body and don't use it on my face anymore because there were times that I did but only resulted into a few clogged pores.

on 3/20/2017 9:25:00 AM

I suffered acne in teenage years leaving me a lot of brown acne scars.

A friend of mine recommended me this product. She calls it the 'miracle soap'. I bought this soap online the first time and started my routine. It smells of orange (so gooood!) and leaves your face this clean feeling. My scars does lightens after using it however it went back to the same tone once my menses came (Usually get breakouts at this period). In conclusion, it does help but not to the extend to get a scar-free face. It is worth a try though! The price is affordable (they sell 3 packs bundle from where I live).

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

not the biggest fan. i felt like it didn't do much and felt pretty drying; i liked the price and it was packaged simply, which is always nice. however, it started to break me out so i was like ":(" for the most part. i switched to using it on my body in hopes of fading some discolouration there, and i didn't see much of an effect. the smell's nice though?

on 1/25/2017 2:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I am writing this review because I love this soap and would always purchase this soap again and again, but only when needed. This soap has a nice plain packaging, you can see what the soap look like before you buy it, and that's nice. I have used this soap on a number of occasions, only because I have had a few breakouts on my face and wanted them gone, immediately, so I use this soap. There are other brands of Kojic Acid soap besides Kojic Sans but they all are basically the same. The smell of it is not all that great but the end results take up for the smell. I usually use this soap twice a day and of course with a sunscreen 50. This soap WILL dry your skin out, but that's why you have to always use a GOOD MOISTURIZER! I will have a breakout and start using this soap twice a day and yes if you leave it ob too long it will sting your skin, you can get a soap-skin-burn, so please be careful with the time limits, within one week, if you are using it correctly you will start to see a difference. Once again, yes the soap will leave you extra-dry, use a good moisturizer. I wouldn't suggest using this all the time only when you get the results that you want and then go back to your regular routine. I would wash my face first with my regular facial soap and then apply the Kojic soap to my face, work it into a good lather. I usually don't apply too close to my eyes, mouth and edges of my nose because these was become too dry afterward. I leave it on about 5-10 minutes and then rinse it off good, always end up rinsing my face in cold water. I don't suggest that everyone leave this on your face for 10 minutes but that's just what I can handle. In a couple of weeks you will get the clear skin that you desire following the directions. Let me tell you if I run out Yes I would get a couple more bars and fast too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I use the kojie-san brand for my face acne scars and on my body for softer, even skin. I admit I hated it at first, it made my face break out but I realized that was because I left it on for too long. Now it works great for me, I usually will lather it up and apply it on my face for 2-3 minutes, then wash it off using warm water. It'll feel dry afterwards, so I apply moisturizer before going to bed. After a few days of continuous use my skin will start to peel a bit, so I use a gentle scrub to get rid of it and religiously apply a stronger sunscreen when going outside. I don't use this during the day, only at night to avoid any possible darkening of the new skin from sun exposure. Don't let it near your lips, your eyelids, eye bags or nose corners, it is too harsh and drying for those delicate areas. My skin has cleared up nicely, plus it feels soft. As for its lightening effect well, it made my face a bit lighter and it got rid of my tan lines, I'm maybe half or one shade lighter but I guess that depends on the person and general sun exposure. It can melt if you let it run through the water, so I cut it up in smaller pieces for use.

on 7/9/2016 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've used at least 4 to 5 bars of the kojie.san lightening kojic acid soap. It works great to lighten my scars. I really like it as it is a more natural way to lighten my eczema scars. I can't use on open wounds though. Only use when my skin has totally healed.

During application, it stings a little. That's normal but for sensitive skin, wash it out earlier than recommended.

Dries the skin. Must moisturise.

As with more soap, to save, just cut up the bars in 4 and that way the soap lasts more and can be used up to the final small piece.

Damn, I dare not use on my face and only use on my body. I can see the body is way lighter than my face now haha. It doesn't bleach. So that means my body is my natural colour and my face is tan.

on 3/9/2016 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Soooo I have been using this soap for only 4 days now, and I kid you not, I have seen a drastic improvement in the condition of my skin... it now glows!! My skin usually is not bad, but to me lately, it had been looking like a dried up piece of paper. Exaggerating a bit yes, but I was looking for something to help with radiance and to clear some discoloration around my lips and chin, and saw some rave reviews on this soap from various sites, so I made the purchase from FlawlessBeautyAndSkin.com I am very pleased with this soap. I use it only once a day at night and apply Lily of The Desert Aloe Vera gel with Shea after each use and cerave in the morn, and make sure to use spf during the day. I think I am going to discontinue use in a few days though, I think to use it longer than necessary may have wayward consequences, just fyi! I will just use it as needed for any "recovery" (lol!) I might need down the road

on 11/19/2015 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Kojic Acid transformed my skin. I am an AA woman with very light complexion. Changing my skin tone or lightening my skin was not my objective when i purchased the soap. If you are looking to change the color of your skin, Kojic Acid is not really for you. I feel as though it targets only areas of hyper pigmentation (dark spots) from acne and scars which is what i wanted it to do. Kojic Acid has exfoliation properties as well. Each time i use it, it is as if a new layer of skin emerges when i dry my face. My skin lightened slightly but not too noticeably, just enough to give me a "glow". I liken it to wearing an illuminator on my skin at all times. My skin is now so even i dont feel the need to wear foundation. It is IMPERATIVE that you moisturize your skin immediately after using the soap. I also use it on the rest of my body. I noticed my skin has a natural shine and is softer; however it takes much longer to get an even tone result on other parts of the body. Some say you can not use it every day as it is too strong but i use it every day as part of my bathing routine and I have had no negative reactions. I think it all depends on the sensitivity of your skin to begin with. My skin was never very sensitive. Sunscreen is a must. I love Kojic Acid soap and will continue to use it. I just wish it didn't dissolve so easily.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Total waste.
After using four bars of this soap I have had absolutely no results.
Not even the slightest evening or lightening.
Each bar does not last long and easily breaks down.
I suggest cutting into 4 pieces in order to get the most of use of each chunk.
I would not repurchase this was a waste of my money and time.