Qtica Cuticle treatment cream

4.7

Lanolin, Caprylic/Capric Tryglyceride, Water(aqua), Glycerin, Beeswax, Sarbitan Sesquioleate, Panthenol, Aloe Vera Gel, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Borate, Laureth-4, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolindinyl Urea, BHA, Fragrance. Courtesy of grouchie 10/16/2007

on 12/8/2016 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have to say that I really like this cuticle balm. This is the first product of this type that I have tried and I am glad that I did as my cuticles and lips have benefited greatly since I started using this.

I have never been one for cuticle oil as I find it too greasy and the ones that I have tried generally absorb poorly. This balm on the other hand isn't greasy at all and absorbs quickly. Additionally I like that it is much easier to put in your purse to take with you than the standard cuticle oil.

This balm has the texture of slightly softer chapstick. IMO it isn't super creamy but it is still easy to apply and it absorbs quickly with little rubbing on my part. As this is highly concentrated you only need to use a very small amount. I don't find this product sticky at all when used sparingly, but I think if you apply too much it would be on the sticky side.

Since applying this every night before bed I have noticed a huge difference in my cuticles. The dead dry skin is gone. Additionally, I have been using this on my lips at night and it has made a major difference. They are soft and smooth which makes daytime lippies look better.

The fragrance is quite light and to me non offensive. It doesn't seem to linger and that is a plus in my book.

This balm comes packaged in a small round jar with a screw up lid. There is nothing innovative or interesting about the packaging aside to say that it makes it convenient to use and carry with you.

I purchased the .5 oz jar of balm which normally runs $18.00 per jar. (They also have a .25 oz jar for $14.00.) Fortunately I decided to try this product during Zoya's recent Black Friday sale so I got it 70% off for a total of $5.40. My only regret is that I wished that I had purchased several more at that price.

Even though costly, I would pay full price for this product as I really am impressed with it's overall performance.

on 12/2/2016 6:31:00 PM

I had hope for this, but it is so sticky I find it unpleasant to put on and I feel like I have to rub it in forever for it to absorb. Also stays sticky a long time--unpleasant. I prefer Crabtree's Gardeners cuticle cream--absorbs fast and the thin tube is easy to apply.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product. I use it with nail growth stimulator. Thuick and pulls all night. Expensive but worth it.

Effectiveness: 9/10

Great cuticle cream. Helps me heal when my cuticles and fingernails are raw and cut up. Very soothing and feels good on my nails.

Packaging: 10/10

on 3/5/2016 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff is amazing!
It really moisturizes and nourishes my cuticles, nails, AND lips. It is super thick and creamy. It's thick, but warms up after you start rubbing it on for a few seconds and then it starts spreading better. Turns into more of a creamy oil.
I put it on my cuticles/nails as well as my lips at night. I wake up with super smooth lips and healthy looking stronger nails!! Love it.

on 9/4/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Anyone else use this as a lip balm too? It's brilliant on my cuticles but it's magical as a lip balm. Brilliant as a night time treatment and because of its staying power, it's perfect to wear under lipsticks with a matte or dry texture. Your lips feel really smooth, yet your lipstick stays put.

it's better than the Nuxe and Lanolips balms and truly multi-use.

This stuff is amazing. I cannot even begin to tell you how awesome it is. I bought it on a whim, not even looking at reviews first. I really wanted something with lanolin in it. When I first used this cream, I was blown away. It transformed my cuticles . . . instantly made them look hydrated and healthy. I'm used to using various lotions and Burt's Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream VERY regularly (multiple times per day), so my cutes are not in bad shape to begin with. Some have compared this cream to vaseline, which I completely disagree with. There are critical ingredients in this cream critical to cuticle health (lanolin, glycerin, etc.) and this sinks in *way* better than vaseline does. The only similarity to vaseline is the consistency.

It's easy to get out of the pot, goes on smooth, quickly and easily, and you only need a tiny bit (pea-sized amount or smaller) for all 10 fingers. It's a bit sticky/greasy for using multiple times per day, but once at night is enough. That alone makes it worth the extra money. This little pot is going to last me months and months. I can't wait to see how it improves my cuticles over the long haul. To use, I just get a small amount, massage into each cuticle for about 30 seconds, and let this cream work its magic overnight. You do have to be careful in the bed for about 10 minutes while the cream is at its greasiest so you don't get it all over your sheets.

My only complaint is the scent. Smells very "old lady" and is rather strong. Still, it will not defer me from giving this product 5 stars.

on 3/27/2013 7:38:00 PM

This is by no means a great product. I purchased it and gave it to my mom because she has dry hands. However, for the price, it can be easily substituted with petroleum jelly. It is a little softer, but not 16$ softer.

This item really does the trick. It is super thick and heavy so a little goes a long way. My cuticles instantly looks hydrated and healthy. It feels almost identical to the Dior cuticle cream to me. I use and love both.

on 10/16/2012 5:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is by far the best cuticle cream I have ever used. Ever. Nothing else has even come close. It soothes as it moisturizes and heals raw, bleeding, sore cuticles super fast. So glad I found this.

Popular Treatments