Joico K-Pak Color Restorative Styling Oil

Joico K-Pak Color Restorative Styling Oil
Joico KPAK Color Therapy Restorative Styling Oil

4.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Pentapeptide-29 Cysteinamide, Pentapeptide-30 Cysteinamide, Tetrapeptide-28 Argininamide, Tetrapeptide-29 Argininamide, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Water/Aqua/Eau, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Arginine HCL, Glycerin, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Polyquaternium-55, Allantoin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Fragrance/Parfum, Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Red 17 (CI 26100).

I kind of have a love & hate relationship with this oil. It smells so yummy and has a nice and thick consistency - which I love (don't like liquid dry oils..)!

But it doesn't really do anything for my hair.. It leaves it soft like any other oil, but I feel like I need to re-apply it so often to make my hair stay soft. I don't need to do that with my Loreal Extraordinary Oil for example. I grab the Loreal oil way more often than this one and I feel like I still use the Joico one just because it was expensive and I don't want to throw it out un-used. This is also my second bottle because I wanted to give it another shot. Tried it twice and can still say that it isn't better than any other hair oil.

I also don't like the pump! It pumps out such a little amount, like a drop every pump.. So annoying. I need to pump it around 5-6 times to get a an grape sized amount..

Will not buy again.

I use this oil to make my dry ends shiny and healthy looking and it works very well for that purpose. I usually don't even pump it, I just rub my palm against the snozzle until I see some oil on it, then I rub my hands together to spread the oil and brush my hands trough my ends. Small amount goes a long way!

I have tried to use this oil on my damp hair too, as suggested in the instructions, but I feel it doesn't do much for my hair unless maybe makes it too oily if I accidentally use too much.

The bottle is quite pricey, but on the other hand it probably lasts forever. I am not sure if I am going to repurchase though, maybe if I need I feel such a product (I pretty much expect this bottle to last years!! :D)

To Read all 63 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/29/2014 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I purchased this from Ulta based on the good reviews. Sadly it did nothing for me. Actually it makes my hair fee dry and coarse. The search for a good styling, shine enhancing, frizz fighting, moisturizing oil continues;-[

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! my hair smells so good I can't stop sniffing it even in public! if my hair could get married it would definitely choose this as a life partner!!

my hair is not chemically treated and i let it air dry. i use 5 pumps right after shower and one more when my hair is slightly damp (one hour later or so).

i use A LOT (as stated above) as my hair is really thick, dry, frizzy & coarse, yet it never gets too oily! i have dry ends so i keep this in my bag and apply on the front ends a few times everyday and comb through

my hair feels so soft and well managed :D and looks moisturized. mind you :/ i don't brush regularly

it works so well like Davines' Absolute Beautifying Potion (which unfortunately smells and looks like cooking oil)

Amazing styling oil! I completely changed my haircare routine, so I don't know if this product is the only one that makes my hair so soft and healthy, but it seems to help a lot ! I have very damaged hair, and this product meets my expectations. I use this in conjunction with the clarifying and chelating shampoo, the cuticle sealer and the revitaluxe bio-advanced restorative hair treatment from the same brand. I think it works wonder for my hair.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this after reading the fantastic reviews on here... initially, I tried it but was not wowed so I tried something else for a while... then I came back to it and tried it again and it turns out that it does work wonders for my hair! I have long high and low lighted hair that can get very frizzy in a humid climate (or even a hint of humidity). This stuff makes my hair dry faster, it makes my hair shiny and definitely reduces frizz. I have long hair so I use 2 pumps but I try to keep it toward the middle of the hair to the ends and smooth the left over higher than that. I do highly recommend this product. I really don't know if it's improving the quality of my hair, but it is definitely making it appear so. I will definitely buy again!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I first started using this I thought it was a miracle! It calmed my unruly, frizzy, dry hair right down and made it look blow-dried when I just let it air dry. No other product had really done that before. And it never left my hair greasy - in fact it seemed to stop it from getting greasy. Which is probably a warning sign - it just didn't add any moisture or condition at all.

Even with my other leave-in conditioners, after a month or so my hair became really coarse, like horse hair. It still looked OK but it felt horrible to touch and was splitting. It reminds me of Pantene - your hair looks great for a month then goes to hell. It's sad cos I loved this. I still use it occasionally but would never use it continuously - it's a styling product, not a conditioning product.

on 8/31/2013 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Works really well to tame the frizz and define curls on my fine frizzy hair. Also like that the pump guides how much product you need - I never know with sprays and free flowing packaging.

on 8/12/2013 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I bought this to use on my naturally curly, AA Hair that I wash and wear. I decided to buy it because I recently had my hair colored and highlighted, and the highlighting has left my hair so dry. I put a pump of this through my hair after I get out of the shower and my corkscrew curls are soft, manageable, shiny, and well-defined! I truly believe that this oil is doing fabulous things for my hair.

on 6/29/2013 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is my first makeupalley review.
This styling oil is working absolutely well on my hair. I have curly and frizzy hair which is very difficult to manage. I have tried quite a number of hair products (e.g. moroccanoil, macadamia healing oil treatment, aveda pre-style etc) .... while the result is still far from good.
So, I gave a try on this styling oil after reading all the good comments in makeupalley review. And the product turned out work amazing, really amazing on my hair. It make my hair controllable..... look shiny..... and so soft.
Highly recommend this product to those with super frizzy hair like me.

Popular Hair Treatments