3.9

price range

Reviews

1.0

5 years ago

I've tried sugaring with homemade sugar wax twice and each time failed. They could only pull out a few hairs but that was it.I watched all the YouTube tutorials,followed their instructions to the letter and each time ended up as a sticky, sweet mess.I'm jealous of the people who got it to work and love it.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other

HairBrunette

2.0

5 years ago

I suffer from stubby leg hair that never seems to go Away, so I figured why not try this, so I made the wax and it burned my leg not to bad but it was a pain that was bearable and somehow relaxing. It did not work for my leg hair, yet my grandmothers who doesn't shave her legs in the winter worked perfectly for hers so I let my leg hair grow for about a week or two then it still didn't work for me.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

6 years ago

This is the best! it is very effective. what i do is i mix 4 tbsp water, 4 tbsp lemon juice and 1c sugar. bring it to a boil over high heat then keep it bubbling for 30 seconds before switching to low heat then keep mixing it with a whisk until the colour turns golden brown like raw honey. If you think you overcooked it, just put about a tbsp of water in it until it turns sticky and that's it! I use wax strips when waxing unwanted hair btw. i hope you guys found my review helpful :)

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

3.0

6 years ago

I tried this two times, experimenting with removing the sugar wax at different times. Each batch turned out to be a fail. The sugar wax would harden before I could even spread it over my skin. I only succeeded in removing two hairs from my wrist, where I tested the wax. If it was able to spread more and be pliable, I would probably be more successful (and hair free) but unfortunately, this was not for me. If you don't want to spend time experimenting or wasting ingredients (and thus wasting a little money there), I recommend just going to the store and buying pre made wax or wax strips.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

EyesBrown

7 years ago

I've made sugar wax at least 3-4 times now. I absolutely love it. I have waxed at a salon before and while I love it it began to get expensive. So I looked into an alternative. I love making the wax. I doesn't take long to make and it's so cheap. I use the sugar ball method. The best way to check if the wax is ready is to take a spoonful and stick in ice cold water. If you can roll it into a ball without it sticking to your finger to much or loosing firmness it should be good. I use it on m legs and bikini line. It takes awhile for the hair to start growing back

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Medium

EyesBrown

1.0

7 years ago

This just did not work for me. I tried it twice and followed the instructions to a T. Both times I was left red, sticky, and still hairy. I feel this may be due to the fact that I have coarse, dark hair. I don't know. Message me if you have any tips!

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

Holy crap, y'all. Homemade sugar wax is the bomb-diggity. Go make yourself some right now, and tell hair-removal products you can buy in stores to go butt a stump. - I don't use cloth for this method. Just play with a small amount of the sugar in your hands until you get it opaque, and rub and rip. Sometimes a light dusting of baby powder helps first, especially in the underarms. I found applying against the grain works and removing with works better in some areas, but there's a necessary amount of trial-and error before you find what works for you. Clean up is tasty, and it washes right off. No more need for oil-based removers like you do with wax. - Seriously, go youtube some videos on how to do this without cloth, like right NOW, and have a night of cooking and hair removal. You'll probably wind up with a bruise or two your first time, but you'll defiantly laugh at your useless razor each time you bounce out of your shower. You'll get so mad that you shaved and bought wax kits for years, so it's probably best you go on now and get it over with.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this product. I've never been tried the chemical wax, but it's quite expensive... It costs me $8 per leg in salon. I think that's quite expensive as I'm Indonesian. I only use this on my leg, and only on the front part.. I don't know why but the hair is only growing on the front part. It really bothered me because I have to wear long skirt and jeans to hide it (sometimes the hair even peeked out from my skirt/jeans. YIKES). So when I first saw the sugaring wax, I thought I'd tried it. I'm really satisfied for the result. The pain after you pull the sheets off is disappearing very quickly. Can cause a bit of redness, but I think that's okay because it will be disappeared quickly too. The price is also very cheap. It costs me $6 dollar for a bottle (I'm buying it online, because I think I won't get a great batch from making my own). And a bottle can last for 1 year (depends. For me, because I only use it on my legs). So to sum it up, the pros and cons are: PROS: 1. Really cheap 2. The pain is disappearing very quickly 3. Easy to use, the sheets can be re-used 4. Smells sweet. Hmm. 5. Easy to clean (just use plain water) 6. GREAT result. CONS: 1. Can be a bit messy (when you accidentally drop it on the floor in the process of waxing, the ants will come and swarm the wax. Although I don't find this a really disturbing thing, as I can easily clean it with a plain water). I really recommend this wax. 5 stars from me.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3.0

8 years ago

i love this stuff!!!!!!!!! the very first time i made this i burnt it and it was like hard candy :/ and i was scared to do it again because it burned my skin and took off some of my skin with it. But a year later i decided to do it again and it was a little better but by the time it cooled down it was like hard candy AGAIN and i didn't burn it that time. So i add some water and TA DA it was PERFECT! MY RECIPE: 2 cups of white sugar (if you have sensitive skin use brown sugar) 1/4 orange juice (or lemon but iv never tried it with lemon) 1/4 and 1 or 1 1/2 tablespoon of boiled water TIPS: once the wax is made put into a jar or something to hold it in then add the 1 tablespoon of the hot water and mix. it will start to bubble but that's ok just stop wait till it stops bubbling then do it again then wait till it stops then stir again.... until it doesn't bubble up anymore you want it to be the consistency of honey but a little bit more liquidy. Add the 1/2 tablspoon if it is still to hard then let it cool, it will take probably 30- 45 minutes to cool until you can use it if you don't have wax strips i used denim i just took some old ripped jeans i needed to throw out and cut it into the size of a regular wax strip you can also use a pillow case or anything that is made of cotton so 100% cotton also you might have to make a second batch i had to make 4 for both my legs and thighs and i'm 10 lbs overweight so make sure to see how much you need and make more with the first tip i mentioned you'll have to reheat your wax maybe 15 minutes each time but that's better than 5 minutes like most people have to hope i helped anyone who had trouble!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGray

8 years ago

I've tried both the strip and strip free versions of sugar waxing. The ball or paste method works but it takes a lot of hand work. My hands would get sore, just grabbing the paste out of the container takes work bc it's so thick. I have a little carpal tunnel in my right hand so this method is not for me. The other, strip version works well. It's not terribly expensive to buy sugar wax but if you don't mind making it yourself it will work just as well. A store version will last me four full leg waxings at a cost of about 2 to 3 dollars each time. I just wash and reuse the strips. I find this works ok if you have fairly fine, average girl hair. If it's thicker it's less effective. Hair really needs to be long enough. I find at least one half inch of growth works best for me. I use a home laser for a lot of my hair removal. It's not permanent so I'm also using sugar wax bc I think this will eventually kill some of the hair follicles or at least lighten the growth. I've done a little experiment on my lower ankles and tweezed a small patch repeatedly. Eventually the hair started coming in very very light and fine so waxing may help reduce growth over time.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age36-43