Alba Botanica Moisturizing Cream Shave

Alba Botanica Moisturizing Cream Shave
Moisturizing Cream Shave

4.5

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (1), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1), Citric Acid, Glycerin, Menthol, Polysorbate 20 Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum). (1)Certified Organic Ingredient

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love the cream shave. I used to use the Kiss My Face cream which was too too runny and too powerful smelling until I discovered this! It creates a really great barrier in between your skin and the razor, just remember to exfoliate and apply cream after because skin buildup isn't cute! Also, it's very gentle for the underarms, leaves the skin very soft and touchable. I will definitely repurchase again!

I love this soooooooooo much I can't believe it. I was using the Kiss my Face cream shave but this is way better, and way cheaper. It's super moisturizing and my legs are pretty sensitive: visible pores, irritation, razor burn, etc. But not with this. The smell is okay.. not really coconut lime but I still like it. It goes on so smooth BUT is invisible unfortunately. That is the only problem with this, other than that it's perfect. Zero irritation, zero nicks, and my legs are super soft and smooth. Sometimes I got a really tight and dry feeling from Kiss my Face. Not with this stuff. HG

on 7/12/2010 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Love it! I had always used shaving gels before, but have been trying out more natural products lately. I have very dry skin, and this makes my legs feel like velvet! I also cut myself less, despite being a very sloppy shaver. My husband even started using it after trying it once and noticing how soft his face felt. It really is hard to see while using it - it takes some getting used to, but I don't find it to be a problem. A bit more expensive than conventional shaving creams/gels, but a little bit goes a long way and the results are well worth it, plus it's probably safer for the body and the environment. Awesome product.

on 4/22/2010 3:48:00 PM

This is the only shave cream I will use and I have converted so many men and women to using it. You get an unbelievably close shave using this product, and I love how they even advertise on the packaging that "using less is more". You only have to use a small amount to get a great shave. This lasts me 3x as long as any foam does, and leaves my skin hydrated and feeling smooth. I have tried all the scents (including unscented) and like them all equally. I just buy whatever I am in the mood for at the time of purchasing.

I would like to see this available in a pump in the future.

I'm currently using the mint one and although it does give me an excellent shave, I feel that it is lacking that minty tingle that you expect with natural skincare products. Overall excellent shave, but Tarder Joe's make an almost identical shave creme, so I will be switching back out of convenience. The one design flaw is that the cap collects water, so annoying. Another alternative would be hair conditioner, which is my go to when I run out of shave creme.

I had this in coconut lime, which felt like an appropriate scent for the summer season. A little bit really did go a long way, I bought this product in the small 1.5oz size to just give it a try and that easily lasted me about a couple months using it to shave with every couple days or so. It did provide a close shave and I love how smooth it made my legs feel afterward. The only drawback is it blends in so smoothly that it makes it difficult to see where you left of shaving at times, but that's not really too much of an issue. I would definitely consider buying this again!

I use this (unscented) product strictly for underarms as I do not want to use products with parabens in an area so close to lymph nodes. I have tried other paraben-free shaving creams and none are as thick, rich and emollient as this. As others have noted, a little goes a long way. Two underarms up!

on 4/20/2009 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

AWESOME STUFF!! For years I have been searching for the right shave cream/regime, only to be severely disappointed. I almost wanted to quit shaving all together. This stuff does not make my legs itch in the least bit. I actually enjoy shaving now, because I enjoy the benefit of silky legs :)

on 12/17/2009 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got this shave cream in mango vanilla. I really couldn't smell it at all; However, it leaves my legs incredibly silky and smooth. As others that have reviewed this noted it pretty much impossible to tell where it is on your legs as it has no color and obviously doesn't foam. That being said the results are smooth and silky legs. I think it is great!

on 11/14/2009 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, I heard that cream shaves were more moisturizing than foam shaves, and I've discovered that's true.

I got mine in fragrance-free so it's the most gentle of the options available in this line.

My only real problem with it is that the cream goes on clear and it's not quite as richly creamy as I'd like. For this reason it's hard to see where you shaved already and where you still need to shave.

Otherwise, unless I find one slightly more to my liking I'll buy this again.

Popular Body Skincare Products