Tweezerman Smooth Finish Facial Hair Remover

Tweezerman Smooth Finish Facial Hair Remover

4.3

Don't waste your money. Wouldn't even score one if I didn't have to

This is horrible! First of all, I'm not sure if I bought a faulty contraption or what but the top, which is supposedly to be used for smaller areas such as the upper lip, does nothing! The sides remove hair but not fully. Some hairs aren't removed but just shortened. It requires going over the area a few times.

This does not feel good! It's not super painful, but it hurts. You are basically ripping your hairs out by the roots. Especially since you have to go over the same area about 10 times to get any sort of visible result!

The icing on the cake is that this made me break out very badly. I washed my face before and after using this. The next day I broke out like never before! Large and painful acne. Never again will I used this, waste of money for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've seen this thing for years and until I happened upon the MUA reviews I assumed it was a piece of crap. I never gave it any thought because it looks kind of archaic and super painful. I'm pretty good at tolerating most pain, particularly for the cause (the cause being beauty of course), but this reminded me of an earring/bracelet set I had years ago which was made of a gold-tone coil. I wore it for an hour and during that hour I cried about four times due to the occasional arm and head hair-catch and pull.
The thing about my facial hair is that it really sneaks up on a bitch. Most of it is very fine and blonde and virtually undetectable. Which lulls me into a false sense of security, until seemingly out of nowhere I will be horrified to see that there are a few long black hairs on my chin, and a few creepers on my upper lip, foo man choo style. I have tried to be vigilant about this and honestly I have no idea how these hairs grow so long when I'm not looking. And only when I'm not looking. My only solace is that my mother has never mentioned them, which means she hasn't noticed them, which means no one else has noticed them either. Unlike other people, she never feels the societal pressures the rest of us feel not to mock and insult others (me) while pointing out their flaws and shortcomings. But I digress.
I knew this would be good cause y'all said so. I ran out of the strip-less wax I normally use, and also have been self tanning a lot this summer, so wax was a delicate balance of scheduling so it didn't leave certain areas too smooth, causing uneven tan absorption, or rip the tan off along with the 'stache.
Also I don't love having to wax just for the occasional (albeit black) stray, and tweezing leaves me feeling uneasy because after finding witch hairs I had no clue were abound, I really don't trust myself to find them all. Also, considering that they are so prominent they are deceptively fine, and will occasionally break off instead of pull out, which keeps me up nights just waiting to nab the sucker.
So of course, this gadget is absolutely perfect. I've waxed, gotten electrolysis, at home Tria laser, shaved, tweezed, threaded: you name it. I assume that the electrolysis worked to a point and I would likely look like one of the Village People had I not had it years ago (at my mother's behest). This is a great solution for facial hair. I am particularly fond of the fact that I don't need to heat anything, plug anything in, and don't even really need a mirror! This simple tool goes about it's job while finding the hairs as it goes. So easy. Definitely painful on the upper lip, more so than most other methods in my experience, but not painful enough to stop me or warrant taking a pain killer prior (although I highly recommend that before hair removal of any kind for those who need it). There was a brief learning curve but hardly worth mentioning. I do agree with another reviewer who stated that the coils on the sides are more effective. Possibly because they appear to be more tightly wound.
So YES- excellent inexpensive effective efficient way to rid your face of unwanted hair!

on 1/1/2017 7:46:00 PM

To me this is a joke. Awkward to handle. Painful. Waste of money. However I am happy for the ladies who get this to work.

on 3/7/2017 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

YASSS!! This Tweezerman tool has become a staple in my beauty routine. I was always somewhat self conscious of my peach fuzz on my upper lip. After doing my research, I was the most interested in this tool. I went into Ulta and purchased it for $20. It also came with a pair of tweezers which is handy. This removes the hair efficiently and makes my skin baby smooth. It IS going to hurt as it's ripping out your hair, but I find it's not even uncomfortable anymore. I use this when I have no makeup on, then wash my face after and apply makeup as I normally would. My makeup goes on 10x smoother and overall my skin just looks better. I think this is a tool every girl should have. I keep it in my makeup bag and I'd be lost without it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This thing is pretty good. It does hurt though because it rips the hair out by the follicle. I don't mind though! If you do kinda mind the pain and the tedious pulling this isn't for you. I do think it would be easier and cheaper to just buy a waxing kit. Especially if you are using it for your mustache or some place on your body that doesn't have very thick hairs.

on 1/3/2016 8:35:00 PM

This works. However, I envy anyone who claims it doesn't hurt. The first time I used it, I suffered through my upper lip, enduring the eyewatering sting, afterwards conflicted, marveling at my smooth lip while seriously wondering if I'd ever do it again. But the second time, I had a plan: a combo of ice and Oralgel mouth sore pain relief cream. Not much pain! I don't think I could bear this on a larger area (like my fuzzy cheeks/jawline), but for my femstache (which I'm most concerned about) it's great. The side coils are more effective than the apex, I think. Giving four stars because there are plenty of grabs without actually succeeding in removing hair, like coarser hairs. But overall a great gadget!

on 4/18/2016 5:27:00 PM

This is a beautiful thing. Rather than repeat others’ praise, let me offer some advice in maximizing it.

For context, I’ve got coarse hair around my chin that isn’t heavy in terms of amount but is pretty randomly spread out, often in hard to reach places. And visible. And hasn’t slowed down. Over the years, it’s been waxed (professionally and at home), threaded and tweezed.

First, if you’re sensitive to these services above, this is going to hurt to the same degree. Because basically? You're yanking out hair. I have never had any problems with waxing etc so this doesn’t bother me at all. If you’re sensitive, you should follow the same pre- and post-fixes that are generally recommended for other treatments.

Also, there’s using this right and, then, really USING THIS RIGHT. If you’re just trying to get a lot of softer upper-lip or cheek hair in one fell swoop, the method recommended in videos and such is fine. If you’re trying to get coarser scattered hairs, position the loop as close to those individual hairs as possible and keep the tool in place but keep turning, turning, turning until you catch the hair. Coarser individual hairs take a longer and more focused effort. Once you catch a few of these, you’ll be able to gauge how many twists of the handles it takes you to get the wires moving the right way to work.

And yes, this does take time. Sit in front of the TV or on the phone for a while and work it. But remember that it'll save time spent running back and forth to a salon and the cost of doing so, plus as someone who’s scalded myself a few times with hot wax, it won’t do the kind of damage other treatments can cause. And as far as I’ve been able to tell, it is indeed reducing the amount of growth. So I’m going to stock up on a few.

Note that instructions in the box and online are modest at best. I emailed them to find out how to clean this and was told to use rubbing alcohol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

And the Angels are singing. Hallelujah!!
So I'm a fair red head with very sensitive skin. I have lots of peach fuzz and the occasional coarse dark hair. When I apply foundation it emphasizes the hair on my upper lip-not cute.
I saw a video about face shaving so first I used little face razors and tweezed. Tweezing didn't get the peach fuzz and shaving doesn't last long, isn't very smooth, and makes me nervous about regrowth. So then I tried the Sally Hansen facial hair removing cream. The problem I had with it was in order for it to remove the hair I had to leave it on long enough to get a chemical burn. So I had a nice smooth burned lip that flaked and peeled and took a week to heal. Next I tried an epilator. I have a larger Braun epilator with a facial attachment. Loved it for my legs, but it was too big, too awkward, and suuuuuuuper painful on my face. I thought about buying an epilator for the face, but they don't have great reviews and I didn't want to spend that much when I had just invested so much in a nicer epilator that I should have been able to use on my face.
So then I found this. I cannot believe how easy this is to use. You can target specific areas really well. I can maneuver it around my upper lip easily. It's quick. You just twist the little metal twisty part, not the entire apparatus (which is what I thought you did whenever I saw pictures of this thing). It is painful. You are yanking out hair. But it is way less painful than an epilator and the pain is much briefer than a burn that lasts a week and it removes baby hair and coarse hair alike. I am really really happy with this. It is my answer! Now I can throw all that other stuff away (except my epilator). I seriously cannot believe how simple and good this product is. It doesn't have the greatest reviews on the Sephora website, but the overwhelmingly good reviews here convinced me to buy it. I'm soooooo happy I did.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim two years ago while I was traveling. It was perfect at the time because I wasn't able to get my usual threading session before I left. When I got home, I completely forgot about it, and went on with my usual threading session every month.

I found it again at this point that I really needed to get rid of my upper lip hair, and instead of going to the mall, I used this. I forgot how well it works!

I use this when I don't feel like spending, and I have the time to sit and use it. It does take a lot of time, but it really does leave a smooth finish.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools