Aczone

Aczone

4.2

INGREDIENTS: ACTIVE dapsone (dapsone)- (50 MILLIGRAM In 1 GRAM) INACTIVE carbomer 980, diethylene-glycol-mono- ethyl-ether, methylparaben, sodium hydroxide, water

on 7/16/2016 8:21:00 PM

After using my first tube, i can say that it seems very effective at treating and preventing my cystic acne but ineffective on blackheads and related clogs. My regimen calls for using this twice a day after an AHA moisturizer. The pharmacist recommend this and it seems to improve the efficacy. At night, I top this with Epiduo. While I have sensitive skin and allergies, my skin tolerates tolerates it. (On occasion the Epiiduo burns, but I just add another layer of moisturizer and that helps.) The current Rx promotion caps your cost at $35 which is reasonable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am 36 and in the past year began getting cystic acne on my chin, cheeks and temples. The cysts were incredibly red, itchy, and painful. They never came to a head and seemed to never fully heal. Because they wouldn't heal, I would pick at them.

I tried natural remedies, Proactive, clindagel and PRID. PRID seemed to help a bit with inflammation, but my skin would peel and scar.

Last week, I broke out with 17 at once. I was very embarrassed, got fed up and saw a dermatologist. He prescibed Doxycycline and Aczone 2x per day. Amazing results in less than a week! My 'wounds' are all dried up and I'm dealing with moderate peeling now. It seems as though Aczone immediately remedied the redness. I only woke up with one new pimple, but it went full circle and healed in 1 day.

I never thought I'd be comfortable again without makeup, but I am!

To Read all 73 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

The number of break-outs has decreased but any break-out is too many. I have just been prescribed spironolactone and will be reviewing that also.

on 8/15/2015 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I typically have pretty decent skin, but recently started having some issues with adult acne. I was prescribed this a while ago along with Atralin (which decimated my skin by the way) and, at the time, did not see any results because my skin was so irritated. Recently I've been having some pretty painful cysts and papules pop up on my jawline and the sides of my cheeks. BHA and BP did nothing so I gave this a shot again and THANK GOODNESS!! After two days of applying it as a spot treatment (over Vit C serum in AM, over AHA in PM) the spots are all about 90% gone. Nothing has ever worked this well or fast for me and I'm so relieved especially since it doesn't irritate my hypersensitive skin whatsoever. I will definitely be getting my Rx for this filled (been using samples) and always keep it around for times like these.

on 6/23/2015 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received samples of this topical medication as I have tried other topical meds such as Tactuo and those ones dried my skin out so bad that it hurt to wash my face. However, using Aczone has been great. My skin does not dry out from this product and I use it on a daily basis for prevention as well. After I cleanse my face, I apply serum and then apply a thin layer of Aczone to the more blemish prone areas of my face. I let it sit on my face for a few minutes (usually brushing my teeth and/or doing something else) and then I apply my moisturizer on top all over my face. With that method, I have not encountered any dryness to the areas which I applied the Aczone nor do I get any side effects from it. The texture of the Aczone is a thin cream consistency. I don't note any smell to the product but I've been using samples this whole time. I squirt very little out when I use this product. And also, I have sensitive skin so the fact that this product works for me on my sensitive skin, I think it would be suitable. I am uncertain of how this product would react to people with already dry skin as they may suffer from additional dry skin, unless you apply a thicker moisturizer afterwards. Make sure to apply a thick layer of cream on after so it helps with the dryness if you suffer from dry skin. My skin is dehydrated but it is normal to oily during summer months. I'd purchase the full size of this bottle once my samples run out. Would definitely recommend trying samples first to see if this product works for your skin prior to getting a full bottle sized. Ask your physician for samples as they may have some.

on 6/16/2015 2:25:00 AM

I have hypersensitive combination super thin skin that is also acne prone. That is not all I also have alot of small red/purple light brown acne hyperpigmention with textured rolling and boxcar scars. Not finished yet even broken red and purple capillaries so my face always look slightly red including permanent broken capillaries/redness under my nose. Unpredictable skin its never normal. Most acne treatment seemed to make my skin irritated, more red, flaky and dry or do nothing. Plus I developed seborrheic dermatitis which is form of eczema it is dry, scaly, flaky,red and really itchy . Most often Seborrheic dermatitis happens where there is over production of sebum or in the scalp/hairline, eyebrow and near the ears so now my hairline eyebrows and T-zone has red patches that are itchy, oily, dry/scaly . What makes it worse it trying to treat the dermatitis and mild to sometimes moderate acne. Acne product cause more dry flaky skin so my dermatologist gave me some samples to try I did also get a prescription but even with insurance it was going to cost over $400 no way. Anyways I tried it for 2 days it was horrible made the spot super greasy and red even caused more breakouts. I tend to have clog pores more often all this did was made skin worse then what I had.

on 6/3/2015 4:05:00 PM

My hormones have been changing (again!) which has led to some really nasty time-of-the-month breakouts on my cheeks and especially my jaw and chin. The kind of zits that are big, hard, painfully inflamed and which never seem to go away.

I got tired of messing with over-the-counter products, so I went to the dermatologist and got a Rx for this cream (as well as Clindamycin phospate pledgets and Tazorac). I use this in the morning and evening after cleansing. It's a very light gel cream that absorbs very, very quickly even in humid weather and doesn't leave any residue on your skin. It does not cause other products to ball up on top either. I really love the texture.

After several weeks of using this stuff, I've seen a reduction in the number of pimples and their size and severity. This is not a cure-all, but it does help control my acne. And unlike many other topical treatments, it does not irritate or dry out my skin.

I got a big, 90 gram tube with a $25 co-pay since it was prescribed to treat acne, which my health insurance covers. I also just found out you can go to the manufacturer's website and get a savings card that will give you additional discounts. Given the fact that this stuff really works, I'd say it's worth the price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let me just start off with saying that this product works SO well... but only if you use it correctly.

I didn't have any luck with Aczone for months because I wasn't using it the proper way and I thought that I should just give up using it, until I read the solid reviews here and on other sites. One day I put the Aczone on and completely forgot to put my moisturizer on until hours later - I thought it was a big mistake. On the contrary! The next day all my whiteheads were flattened and much less red and looked healed.. I decided to try it out again the next day, and the next. My acne was healing rapidly! Finally Aczone was working!

The trick is to apply it to clean, dry skin and let it sit for a LONG time - like half an hour at least, then apply a moisturizer. If you apply moisturizer/makeup on top too soon, the Aczone gets rubbed off the spots you applied it to because it didn't get a chance to set and absorb. Give it a try - I'm sure you'll get the results you want!

Also, another trick I found was that if I have a really red, swollen pimple (usually around TOM) I will apply the Aczone several times per day and the next day it will decrease significantly!

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This product is great! After going off of proactiv, my acne went into overdrive and I tried everything to calm it down and nothing would work! I went to a dermatologist as a last resort and she gave me sample sizes of this and told me to use one drop every morning after washing my face. I have now been using this product for 4 years now and it works great. Only downside is that it's expensive and I've had difficulty getting my insurance to cover it and it dries out your face immediately after application. To resolve my face drying out, I am also using a water based sunscreen created by the dermatologist's office.

on 12/14/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff was my miracle worker. I have extremely oily skin and i used to get annoying under the skin zits and grapevine acne and big red bumps. So my derm. recommended Aczone for me. Since my skin is sensitive just about everything dries it out, but this stuff cleared up my acne so fast and i noticed no dry spots. My skin was cleared literally within two weeks and now after using this for over 6 months i only get hormonal breakouts very rarely. LOVE THIS STUFF.