Joico K-Pak Color Therapy

Joico K-Pak Color Therapy
K-Pak Color Therapy

4.4

Water (Aqua), Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Isopentyldiol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Sorbitol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis Oil (Evening Primrose), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Allantoin, Bis-Isobutyl PEG, PPG-20, 35, Amodimethicone Copolymer, Arginine HCl, Glycerin, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-90M, Silicone Quaternium-16, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Thioctic Acid, Undeceth-11, Undeceth-5, Butyl Methoxydibenzoyl Methane, Polyquaternium-55, Polysilicone-19, Polysorbate 80, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Citric Acid, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Isopropyl Alcohol, Butyloctanol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance

on 10/3/2017 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

HOLY COW.

After trying so many “damage repair” products I can finally say this products truly DOES WORK. I started with the color therapy shampoo with the kpak luster lock treatment and now I use the shampoo, conditioner, and the luster lock treatment on my ends and I’ve used this combo a total of 4 times and my hair has little to no signs of damage.
Before I used this my hair had been bleached, dyed, straightened every day and was frizzy as all hell. Now my hair is shiny and soft and I’ve noticed less breakage as well. Also, I just noticed the other day that Walmart is starting to sell this line. (At least in Canada it is) I’ve been recommending this to everyone I know and will continue to do so.

on 9/1/2017 12:41:00 AM

Pros: works well, leaves hair soft and flexible, and it is truly great for color-treated and thick hair.
Con: smell is horrible. It's not fruity like other Joico products, but smells like harsh cheap perfume, and overwhelmingly strong. The smell doesn't fade even after a couple of days, and it will obliterate any other scent you try to wear. I notice it in bed and it bothers my husband, who has never complained about any other hair product I use, so I had to stop using it.
Otherwise, this is a fantastic product. I have super thick, long, wavy, colour-treated hair that pretty much has a life of its own. Few products make it manageable, but this one does. If you have thinner or finer hair, it might weigh it down: my hair can handle really heavy conditioners, but this one feels light to me even though it adds a lot of moisture. It feels amazing when you massage it into your hair, it detangles exceptionally well, and it adds shine and reduces frizz. I notice someone said it smells earthy, so I wonder if there was a different formulation a few years ago? I've tried it twice in the last two years and it's definitely a perfume smell. Joico, please make a scent free version for those of us that can't handle strong perfume or for those who work in scent-free environments (yes, scent-sensitive people will smell it when you are near them). I'd buy this again today if they had a different smell or an unscented version (which would be great for all hair products, so you can choose to wear perfume without mixing scents.). The shampoo, by the way, is much easier on the nose and works well, but it's not as amazing as the conditioner.

on 4/30/2016 12:47:00 PM

I realised I had not reviewed this conditioner yet although I reviewed the shampoo. The pair has been my go-to for months now, and I credit these products with the fact my hair is in decent condition. This conditioner is really good for a daily product. It's excellent at detangling - the shampoo, while good, does tangle my hair a bit - and I don't really feel the need for a deep condition when I use this. (I tend to wash my hair every 2-3 days, depending on whether I wear it up or down). I'll repurchase both the shampoo and conditioner. My hair: baby fine, wavy-curly (I mostly blow dry it straight), between bob and shoulder length with a semi-permanent colour job.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I tried to like this for weeks and weeks. In addition to trying it with different shampoos, hoping to get a good result, and rinsing after a few minutes as usual, I used it as a deep conditioner leaving it in overnight or for 20-30 minutes too. I don't use any styling products just shampoo conditioner sometimes argan oil --the end. Not even once can I say that the result pleased me. It always made my (high porosity dry fine curly) hair look frizzy and gross. It made detangling difficult--it actually worked better without the conditioner. V little slip. I had a LOT of breakage and shedding and I was taking good care of myself healthwise (including supplements like iron) and of my hair (v gentle, no heat styling, protective styling, etc). I'm not protein sensitive at all--in fact my hair craves it. E.G. I did the Aphogee a couple of days ago, and my hair loved it. Got it from Shoppers Drug mart so I can't put it down to having purchased a fake. Went back to my lovely Jason Naturals yesterday and already noticed an improvement. I would give this 3 stars as it seems to work for others, but having seen it actually damage my hair even on the first use, it gets a minus seven.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate it.

Pros:
- not sure, smell isn't bad

Cons:
- I have dry highlighted hair and I never came across a product that weights them down, except this one. My hair looked gross right out of shower
- it gave me dandruff
- it builds up like nothing else I've tried
- it made my hair more frizzy and dry

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I already love Joico and I have only used one product from them!! Joico k-pak color protect conditioner. It makes my hair so soft and rids it of any tangles it might have. It also smells amazing so that's a plus.

on 7/3/2015 8:33:00 PM

What IS this magic? Upon one use of a sample pack of this, along with the shampoo, my ombre bleached ends haven't felt this good in months. It feels normal like my virgin hair, which I haven't seen for nearly a year. I went to the beauty supply outlet (Canada) on the same day and got a 1L bottle of this for $22CAD. I wasn't crazy about the matching shampoo because my thin straight hair fell flat, but went back the next day and picked it up anyway because my hair became fluffier with second day hair.
For a huge 1L, the price is justified, because this makes my hair feel so clean, and washing my hair every other day just became a reality. Not one drugstore brand has been able to come near these results.
The important miracle action of this conditioner is that it puts proteins back in your hair where bleach has stripped it out.

I was in dire need of a new shampoo and conditioner. I have been growing my hair for a few years and colour it every 2 months with highlights, lowlights, ombr or bayalage. I have been using Organics Coconut shampoo and conditioner and it claims to be SO naturally nourishing, yet even with a deep condition treatment every week, my hair looked stringy, straight (naturally wavy hair!) greasy and felt like straw! I never blow dry or straighten it either and wash my hair twice a week. I felt like giving up on my hair ever being long again, that is how gross my hair seemed. Until, I read these reviews about the Kpak Color Therapy.

I bought the regular sizes of shampoo and conditioner and after only one wash, my hair softened! My brittle ends curled instead of being stiff! My natural wave has returned and my hair is shiny and looking healthy and happy. The scent is nice, not very noticeable at all really. Reminds me of Revlon's Outrageous from my teen years! My hair still feels clean and fresh 2 days after a wash and my hair feels very smooth. Pricey but a good quality products that delivers real results. My HG combo I will continue to repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

When this conditioner works, man, it's transformative. The first time I used this my hair was well conditioned, but no miracles. The next day I used this, and my breakage disappeared, my brittle ends were soft. After a couple weeks my hair then became very dry. After doing some reading I learned that when hair gets too much protein it can seem stiff, and I think that is what happened to my hair.

So for a few weeks now I've just been using moisturizing conditioners, and will go back to this later. In the future I will use this at most once a week.

I've tried a lot of keratin products and this conditioner and the CHI Keratin Mist have been the best so far. I would give this a five if the results were consistent.

on 1/24/2016 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This is a great conditioner. I use it on the mid-shaft to ends of my color-treated hair (dark brown --> medium brown) every time I wash it, and it has left my hair weightless, moisturized, and shiny! It also brings out the highlights in my hair without giving them a brassy look. The conditioner has a pretty thick consistency and makes hair very slippery in the shower. A little goes a long way, so I only use about a quarter-sized amount for my long hair and it works perfectly. Would definitely recommend for those of you who have color-treated, parched strands.