Clinique Youth Surge SPF15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer

Clinique  Youth Surge SPF15 Age Decelerating Moisturizer

3.8

on 6/25/2014 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This and the EA Perpetual Moisture are my Staple moisturizers. No matter how many I have tried I always keep coming back to this. The packaging is plastic, which I prefer.
This is not my HG, since it leaves a white cast on your face. You have to kind of blend it in with a drop of water. This is probably due to the SPF in it. I keep using it, because, it does not break me out, has sunblock, and it does make a subtle difference in the texture of my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Well, I've been using this product for one week. I use it after washing my face in the morning. So far so good. It's making my skin look good, and I'm not breaking out. I'm a pale redhead, with sensitive skin, so that is a good sign that it's not bothering me. I suppose I'll update this if I start breaking out or something. I usually love Clinique products, so hopefully this won't let me down!

on 6/20/2010 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this as a gwp and ran out of my usual moisturizer. I have developed horrible acne from using it. It's being pitched.

on 3/8/2010 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is such a lovely moisturizer. The dry/combo version came in a GWP and I almost tossed it because I was a Hope in a Jar user, but so glad I gave it a try. It has a very nice creamy texture and a light, fresh scent (even though it's a fragrance-free product). absorbs readily and my makeup goes on smoothly. My oily skin is drying out as I get older and I find that this is just enough to keep the flakies away from around my mouth and temples even through a Chicago winter. SPF 15 is an added bonus. Has never broken me out, never feels heavy and my skin is more even- I'm nearing the bottom of my first full-size jar.

on 3/5/2010 7:19:00 PM

This product works wonders for me.
I use the dry/combination and it is fabulous! The cream itself is thick and smooth, yet light, and absorbs almost immediately. The redness and blotchiness around my nose and cheeks is instantly smoothed, soothed and gone!

It seems to plump up the skin, leaves it extremely soft and smooth, and gives all day moisture as needed. Great for winter and autumn - really protects it from chapped, cold-weather skin.

I also get a LOT of compliments on my skin when I've been using this for a week or more (I switch between this and L'occitane Apple/Almond Velvet Concentrate) with people asking me about my skin care routine! Gotta love that others notice when your skins glows.

Highly recommend - get a sample first as its not cheap, but I think this would suit most 25-35 skin of all types.

on 2/15/2010 10:17:00 PM

I have been using this moisturizer for about 7 months and it is great I have since added the night one as well, These leave my skin so soft and velvety and my small lines have seemed to disappear. I am totally impressed. It is not greasy and has just the right texure and feel. I have sensitive fair skin and use the dry/ combo. I thought that the one for day alone was great but they are both so awesome together that they really make a difference with how my skin looks........they leave my skin soft and replenished.... fresh looking. .Very pleased

on 12/5/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got a sample of this moisturizer a few months ago as a GWP. I tried it then for few weeks, and while I love the SPF, I can't deal with how it sits on my skin instead of absorbing properly. I have dry, sensitive skin and I wear very little foundation and even then it made me look and feel sweaty...or something. It's just very slick. If I sweat at all during the day, it feels like it's coming off and mixing with the sweat and it's just...gross. It also gives your skin a whitish, luminizing glow. That works for me because of my skin tone, but I can see others not liking it.
Another note: It stings considerably if you get it into your eyes AT ALL. I know that's the SPF, but I've never had a lotion sting quite like this. For a Texas summer, that's not going to work.
I really wanted to like it. I love Clinique and have lots of their products, and when I got this one I was excited because of its lack of scent and smoothness. I've used it a few more times when I needed a heavier feeling moisturizer, but there are just so many better ones on the market that I wouldn't spend money for a full-size jar.

on 11/6/2009 6:45:00 PM

I kind of like this moisturizer because it doesn't sting my sensitive skin and it has SPF 15 in it. Because of the SPF it does make my face shinier than I like. I wish Dramatically Different moisturizer could have SPF without getting shiny. That has a lot better consistency and absorbs in much better than this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Wow, was this irritating. Also, jar packaging? So unhygienic. Glad I just used the sample jar that came with GWP.