Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.0

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 1/15/2015 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I tried this after reading some rave reviews. I have somewhat clear skin with some redness and uneven skin tone. The first week that I tried this my skin became soft and more even toned (not sure if it was this or the Maracuja oil that I started using at the same time). But by the second week I started seeing new pimples popping up each day.

So I stopped using this and within a week the pimples went away. I gave it another try after that but within hours of applying it new pimples began appearing.

Disappointed because it cost so much and it doesn't work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Just fyi I have acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin. First off, it smells terrible. My nose is sensitive to scents and putting something that smells like it was rancid was a big turn-off for me. Secondly, as soon as I put it on I could feel my skin practically screaming get it off. It was causing my face to break out. Clearly I am allergic to something in the ingredients.
I'm glad I only had a sample.

on 1/11/2013 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I was terrified to try this! I've read so many reviews stating that this moisturizer broke people out. I even recall a trip to a Sephora in Connecticut with my sister. I picked a jar of this up and she said "the salesgirl said that broke her out!" I have experienced some irritating breakouts in the past due to moisturizers I tried. I adore the philosophy brand. Their marketing is perfect. For Christmas, my sister-in-law bought me a Philosophy Skincare set that included Hope in a Jar, Purity Cleanser, Eye Hope eye cream, and a peel. I would have normally been super cautious and would have spent a week just testing this out on a small area of my skin. For some reason I thought "oh, what the hell" and I proceeded to slather this on all over my face. I have been slathering this cream all over my face ever since and I LOVE it! I haven't experienced a breakout and as a matter of fact my skin looks amazing! It looks better than it's looked in quite a while. The texture is light and non-greasy. I would actually like it if it were a bit richer, but it moisturizes beautifully regardless. Much has been said about the scent. I think it smells clean, very, very clean. It's a lavendery-citrus scent that I don't personally find to be as heavy as others have remarked. My skin stays smooth and soft throughout the night with Hope in a Jar on. Thank goodness I got this as a gift, because I was truly scared to try it, even though those QVC presentations make it sound miraculous! I would purchase this; I'm just not sure that I will. Nearly $40 for a 2 oz. jar is a bit steep for me at the moment. I'm going to keep using the rest of my jar and whether or not I purchase another one will be contingent upon how much deeper in love I fall with it. Overall, I suggest everyone should at least give this cream a chance. Minus one lippy for price, but BEAUTIFUL product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials